TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

The Conspiracy Club: Where aliens DON'T wear loafers - they wear flashy ties!!!

CCCorrespondent

[20681]Dec 17, 2011
    • level: 4
    Could fix the minor formatting flaws in there, but am not going to.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CCCorrespondent

[20682]Dec 19, 2011

*Lorelai Gilmore voice*

Oh. MYGAWD.

Who hides out in the study rooms until the library closes and expects no one to notice them there? Every. Single. NIGHT?

The guy who doesn't get a bookmark, that's who.

He's inexplicably afraid of one of my co-workers, got scared away by another ("Can I borrow this [magazine with pies on the cover]?" "Do you have a library card?" "Yes." "Then, yes." "These pies look good! What kind of pie do you like?" "I DON'T LIKE PIE. So, you have some fines on your account...." ), and he kept trying to flirt with me in a creepy overly-observant way so today I volunteered to pound on the door at closing and kick him out. At which point he asked if he could go upstairs and get a bookmark. I told him no. We are closed. You cannot go upstairs and get a bookmark. We have pieces of scratch paper. They will work as bookmarks. Have a piece of scratch paper. Have two pieces of scratch paper. Goodnight. I don't think he will try to flirt with me anymore.

TANMI

[20683]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 2
    CCCorrespondent wrote:

It's gone?! We outlived them! Old school power.

Happy New Year!! A thread was started in your honor at the new site. Everyone seems to miss you...

Maron-chan

[20684]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 18

sitting_lion wrote:
    "I think you're reading too much into things. "

Well, if you think I'm being an obsessive fan why not turn to my long record of lists on IMDB. OH WAIT I DON'T MAKE LISTS. Also you misunderstand me a lot or don't understand at all... Are you sure you want me to put up episodes 3-6?

No, I mean... eh, forget it, I can't explain. 1) it was a joke 2) I haven't really encountered such detailed reading into things so I was caught off guard 3) I love it when people turn into obsessive fans. I do. I really do. It's just a little strange seeing it on you.

Picking on my habits again? Wait, what exactly are you upset about *now*? That I make lists? I like an organized mind and an organized database. Making those lists helps me get my thoughts into order. I don't even really give a damn if anyone reads them. I make them for my own reference. Plus, you know, if I ever have amnesia...

I think us misunderstanding each other is a chronic illness.

Please, pretty please with catfood on top, put up the rest of the episodes.

Maron-chan

[20685]Jan 6, 2012

I am sorry you wrote down your thoughts on religion (I loved to read them though) only for me to say: I am not going to have a discussion about religion on the internet. I know this is not any forum, but textual conversations have too many ways of being misinterpreted. Even in this little bit you already unintentionally put words in my mouth and misinterpreted or misrepresented my position. So again, sorry. That's something we'd have to do on Skype. Because I do love talking about it. AS YOU ALL WELL KNOW

---------

All right, that sounds fair and reasonable. Although I really doubt we'd understand each other better with verbal communication. But we could try.

---------

Yeah. I really think of Josh and Danny when I need to remind myself of having a long-term goal. Bit weird to base your life goals on two fictional characters and a Margaret Mead quote

---------

How is that weird? That sounds completely normal to me. I've been doing that since I was, like, five.

---------

I'm a sucker for love in fiction because I always identify with the male character

---------

In what way do you identify with him?

---------

I don't think in this day and age you can just assume someone to be heterosexual. And hey, I don't know what you Latvian women all do when sitting around the fire in your yurts. Room remodeling, my arse. Weaving in a different shade of yak hair, are you?(I don't know much about your country)

---------

I suppose, but I think I've ranted about enough of my male crushes to assume a little... although since it's never gone past the crush phase it could still be I go both ways. As for yurts, what did you think I was remodeling, an actual room? I do like weaving, though, just not with yak hair. Yaks remind me of yak nog. Which reminds me of some very hilarious facial expressions of Hiccup, but also makes me want to vomit in my mouth a little (which is also one of the expressions by Hiccup). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTElCFLYCAgSpeaking of which I am addicted to this absolutely wonderful instrumental songhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CJ96LGGP6wwhich is even better with the corresponding scenehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzxeKHA_jOw, which just may be the best movie scene of 2010.

The most I know about your country is that it's small, full of giant people (and apparently sheep ) and has an artificial island. Or at least plans for one.

---------

Do you spend your DAY making lists? And why?

---------

No. A couple hours a week at most. I just type really fast when I'm excited. And because it helps me organize my thoughts. By the way, I recently met a fellow on GetGlue who is the only other person I've ever known who has what I call fiction OCD. We get along so great.

---------

Selfish Nazi son of a bitch

---------

Words cannot express how much I love that expression. And that line.

---------

Oh, "hot" is completely non-important and worthless to my elitist little face.

---------

Good.

---------

No I dropped Bones in season 4. I tried picking it up again but I just couldn't. I cant stand it if a central relationship is bungled so badly and eye-rapingly. And it's not just Brennan, it's Booth, too, but I can forgive him because like I said I identify with the male character . And what I meant about attractive, etc, and Brennan being an example is not a question of development, it's a question of the very basis of a character that just isn't there sometimes. Or it was there (I did latch on to Booth/Brennan at first) but then I just grow tired because there is no proof of change, no actual improvement, or maybe just not the kind of personality I find attractive. I guess too many shows just have a moment where I go "ughhh" when watching a 'ship. But I never had that with Studio 60! Hell, I dunno. What do you want from me?

---------

But it's gotten better. And there was this great scene in 6x16 where Brennan was saying that there's a difference between being a strong substance and an impervious substance. That when she met Booth, she was impervious to damage. But now she's slowly becoming strong, able to withstand damage. And I mean they got together! Like fo reelz. I mean, Hodgela became my main ship of the show a LOOONG time ago, but BB have crawled out of the dump they were in. Hodgela are still streets ahead of them (do you watch Community?), but BB is better than it has been in a long time.

---------

WHY DO YOU REWATCH EPISODES IN SUCH A WEIRD ORDER

---------

Because I randomly think of a scene I really love (like The Puppetmaster or I Am As Giddy As A Schoolgirl or Say It or I Need A Pen or Everyone's Afraid of Snakes, etc.) and I want to rewatch it. Then I do rewatch it. Then I either a) just don't press pause as it fades into another scene or b) think of another scene from the same episode (that maybe somehow relates to the scene I'd just seen) and immediately jump to that. Either way, it usually goes onto a full scene-jumping-watching spree after which I've seen most of the episode for the umpteenth time. It works that way for most shows. One scene lures me in and I find myself starving five hours later with a burning need to look up fanvids, fanart or plain images on Google Images.

CCCorrespondent

[20686]Feb 22, 2012
    Just three posts and one of them is Tanmi? Shame.

CCCorrespondent

[20687]Feb 28, 2012
    Me: We decided the new library should have a puppy room.
    Mom: Um, what is that?
    Me: It's not anything, it's just a room with puppies in it.
    Mom: Puppies?!
    Me: Because the break room isn't calming enough, we need puppies too.
    Mom: Puppies. In the library.
    Me: It must be late, you're taking things really seriously.
    Mom: You said it like it was serious..
    Me: I do that ...
    Mom: it just doesn't make any sense. Animals in the library.
    Me: We have lots of animals in the library--
    Mom: The two words, "puppy" and "room," they're two separate things that don't mean anything together.
    Me: Sure they do, I told you, it's not a thing; it's just a room with puppies.
    Mom: But that didn't make any sense.
    Me: We were being humorous. It was a stressful day.
    Mom: Kittens would be better than puppies.

sitting_lion

[20688]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 19
    Ok. My dearest ladies, I am just going to test whether anyone still frequents our little 'club, because I miss you guys and I really want to know how you are all doing. Also my life has been falling apart and I need more people to rant at about all my complaints. Don't worry Squee, I know that's your job. (OH ZING. OH BOOM. *ahem*)

Soooooo... I'll just check back here once in a whizzle (EVERY DAY) to see what's what.

Maron-chan

[20689]May 6, 2012

Well, I checked in nearly a month after this was posted, so... I don't know what that tells you, but feel free to rant?

are we really still on this subject of how all I do is complain because honestly, I don't do that. anymore

Hirundine

[20690]Jul 6, 2012
    • level: 26
    I'M BACK, B****ES.
    (that could say besties or buddies or any number of things, right? )

Hirundine

[20691]Jul 6, 2012

*cracks knuckles*

Let's start of slow with a rambly and somewhat uneventful transcript.

I have forgotten most people's GC nicknames. The one who knows German and wears a hat, were we calling him Simon? Well, let's.

He's kind of high-strung, also not particularly hardy from the looks of it. And he had to replace League Leader the other week. In theory he's more than qualified to tell people the rules, but in practice he has to discipline, get the attention of, and remember the names of of a bunch of hyper kids who quickly recognize the absence of the usual authority figure.

He totally looked and sounded like me on my first day of stamping reading-program folders at the Bookmobile. The concept is pretty much identical (do stuff, get a stamp, this many stamps gets you a prize, please don't cheat) except for the Bookmobile there are usually parents around.

"You need a stamp? Okay, how many [games]? Wait, wait, don't leave yet, you get a prize. It's um, let me see ... this one -- what was your name again?"

Finally, at the end of the night, Sister, Halobutt and I were sitting around the table to help keep poor aul Simon sane.

Simon: Okay, who wants to roll for door prizes?

[All the kids raise their hands; League Leader keeps track of who's new and usually chooses kids who haven't had a turn in a while]

Simon: Um ... okay ... um ... you, your hand's highest.

Halobutt: Wha --?! If *I* raised my hand it'd be highest, they're all like -- [gestures at the pack of tiny 7-year-olds]

Kid #1: [rolls die]

Simon: Nine! [numbers correspond to last digit of a player's ID #] Okay, so that's [Kid #2, Kid #3, and Loud Guy]. So. [grabs three cards]. Normally [League Leader] will have you choose the purple one, but [holds up the cards] this time you're looking for the holographic one.

Me: Which is still the purple one.

Simon: [holds cards facedown] Okay, choose one.

Kids: [crowd around]

Simon: Okay, everyone who's not [Kid #2], please back up.

Kid #2: [grabs one, it's a green one] Darn!

Simon: Okay, [Loud Guy].

Loud Guy: Is that them? [grabs at cards]

Me: [Loud Guy], um, don't -- he probably shouldn't --

Simon: [waving hands at small mob of kids at table] Okay, everyone who isn't [Loud Guy], please BACK UP.

Me: No no, it goes "GET BACK, SAVAGES."

Halobutt: Heh.

Loud Guy: [feels cards -- obviously, the shiny one is going to feel different] This one! [grabs the right one]

Me: [League Leader] would always say not to touch the cards.

Halobutt: Well, I mean, it's not like he can see them.

Me: He can feel them. Oh well.

Loud Guy: [chooses his doorprize]

[two more winners are chosen in a similar fashion -- Halobutt actually does raise his hand for the last rolling and is easily the tallest of the competitors]

Simon: Okay.

[this marks the end of the event, when people start going home ... in theory, not in practice. LL is always stamping long after the official end time]

Simon: [Halobutt], start putting these in piles in alphabetical order.

Halobutt: ... Um, okay. [starts making piles]

Me: Are you just doing piles by letter or actually alphabetizing the piles?

Halobutt: Uh ... piles by letter?

Me: Gimme, I'll put them in order.

Kid: I played a game.

Simon: Ah, what's ... what's your name?

Kid: [gives name]

Simon: Okay, here. [stamps]

Me: I have all the H's in order.

Sis: Here, I have some too.

Simon: [starts putting cards back in their container]

Italian Kid: Hi, I played a game.

Simon: Um ... what's your name?

Italian Kid: [gives an Italian name]

Simon: Okay. Ah. [looks around in a fluttery manner] Let's see.

Halobutt: [looks through leftover piles]

Simon: [looks through box] Ah, I can't find that one.

Italian Kid: It was just here.

Simon: I can't find it. Sorry.

Italian Kid: [leaves, somewhat bewildered]

Halobutt: Here, I'll look. [pages through] Yeah, I don't see it.

Me: Lemme.

Halobutt: Well here's at least one out of order ...

Me: Gimme.

Halobutt: Yeah, I don't think it's in the S's ...

Me: [pokes his arm with nails] I'll look, gimme it.

Halobutt: YOUR NAILS ARE SHARP.

Me: That's why I'm poking you with them. Gimme.

Halobutt: FINE.

Me: [looks through all the letters]

Simon: Really, let's just ... [trails off wearily]

Me: Hmm .... yep, it's not in here. And this one's in the wrong place too. [Halobutt], a lot of these are out of order.

Halobutt: Wh -- hey! Why do you -- [gestures toward self]?!

Me: [shrugs]

Sis: Here.

Simon: Wha?

Sis: Lemme.

Me: [hands box to Sis, who starts flipping through as well]

Simon: [groans]

Another Kid: [walks up] I just finished a game--

Simon: Nope.

AK: ...

Simon: I'm sorry, just, no. We're done.

AK: .... Uh, okay. [wanders away]

Also, Sis told Simon he looked like the 11th Doctor.

He was a bit baffled, as he feels he more closely resembles Tom Baker. Personally, I think they're both a bit right but he's still more Dr. Tam than any of the Doctors ....

Edited on 07/06/2012 8:15pm

Geri08

[20692]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 31
    Hirundine wrote:
    I'M BACK, B****ES.
    (that could say besties or buddies or any number of things, right? )

Yeah! Have you had your original name back for some time or just now...because I only just noticed...Welcome back if I am permitted (as someone who only checks in here from time to time and not a local per se)...

Hirundine

[20693]Jul 9, 2012
    Just got it back the day I posted that -- I'd been working on it since last July!

Geri08

[20694]Jul 11, 2012
    Hirundine wrote:
    Just got it back the day I posted that -- I'd been working on it since last July!

Congrats

Hirundine

[20695]Jul 11, 2012
    Thanks -- I'd had a backup username to post with, but it really wasn't the same. After all this time I wonder if anyone besides you and me check up on this thread anymore!

Geri08

[20696]Jul 13, 2012
    Hirundine wrote:
    Thanks -- I'd had a backup username to post with, but it really wasn't the same. After all this time I wonder if anyone besides you and me check up on this thread anymore!

A few people check in from time to time...alot of people are on hols at the moment and with Bones on hiatus people tend to drift away for periods of time. I hope they come back soon. When they see your name back up there posting, I am sure they will want to comment too

Hirundine

[20697]Aug 7, 2012
    Transcriiiiibiiiing.
    A little delirious fun from our annual going-away party for the volunteers. I've forgotten previously-assigned nicknames, so.

The Cast: Doyle (Youth VC); Arms (coworker/Doyle's girlfriend whose arms are always in her way); Female and Male Assistant Youth Volunteer Coordinators (from now on, AYVC♀ and AYVC♂); Interim Director; Rapunzel (my long-haired supervisor); Tucker's Brother (he's not anyone's brother, but I just couldn't work out who he was for the longest time even though he was at the 'brary every day), Rapper, The Mom (parent of a former co-worker), and The Baby (by far the youngest of the bunch, and new to this event).

So, we're getting pizza ready.
    Rapunzel: [jumps up and down] Me: So how are we setting up the pizza boxes?
    The Baby: Like two at a time, like this?
    Rapunzel: Why?
    TB: I dunno, I think they look better.
    Me: But they all fit if you put them in a single layer. Like, they exactly fit, like the tables were made for it.
    TB: [compromises by layering them like bricks] I think they should be stacked.
    Me: How many do we need to open?
    Rapunzel: [starts opening the top ones]
    [we all start working on flipping the lids open so they stay that way]
    Interim Director: Or if you can get them to do this ... [gestures at her pizza box, which has one flap folded down so the pizza is angled forward slightly]
    Rapunzel: Oooh! Me: Very inviting.
    TB: [starts batting at a fly in the room] I'm gonna get a flyswatter.
    Rapunzel: [still hyper] I need to act like a teenager tonight. Me: Hmmm.
    TB: [returns bearing a flyswatter; smashes the nearest fly on the table]
    AYVC♀:
    Me: Aw. [retrieves remains of fly and deposits in potted plant]
    AYVC♀: [to TB] I can't believe you just did that!
    TB: ...Sorry, but I don't like flies!
    Doyle: Maybe not so close to the food.
    Me: So much for our zero casualty rate for this thing.
    ID: [returning] Who's broken?
    Me: Oh, no, [TB] just killed a fly.
    ID: Ah, alright.
    [people start filing back in to inform the teens that their food is ready]
    Me: I figured out what you can use as guidance for the night.
    Rapunzel: Hm?
    Me: Band Candy.
    Rapunzel: Excuse me?
    Me: You said you needed to act like a teenager tonight. Buffy. Band Candy.
    Rapunzel: Ohhh, what season was that?
    Me: Three, I think? Adults started acting like teenagers?
    Rapunzel: Oh right, it was the band candy ... and was the evil guy in that one?
    Me: *That* narrows it down--
    Rapunzel: Or was that just the Halloween costume one?
    Me: Ohh, Ethan.
    Rapunzel: Yes!
    Me: Yep, he was there.
    [doors open, all run for dear life as teens descend upon the pizza boxes]

Hirundine

[20698]Aug 7, 2012

Doyle: The volunteers have requested pigtails.

Me: ...?

Arms: Okay, sit down.

Doyle [who, keep in mind, does not have very long hair]: [sits down on the wooden stool at the card-registration table]

Arms: [gets out a comb and starts parting his hair]

Me: Ah.

[he was only mistaken for a girl twice in the photographs that followed ]

[the night wears on]

The Baby: [is curled up on the countertop, possibly sleeping]

Doyle: Where's [AYVC♀]?

The Baby: Maybe she's over there ... is that her?

Tucker's Brother [darn, abbreviation overlap -- The Baby will have to be Baby from now on]: Uh, pretty sure she's quite a bit darker than that.

Baby: Yeah I know, I was kidding.

Me: She's probably still asleep in the breakroom.

Baby: Maybe that's -- no. Why do I keep thinking white and Asian people are [AYVC♀]?

Tucker's Brother: ...Because you're sensitive.

Baby: [hits him] Mnnnnmmn. [yawns]. I wanna arm-wrestle someone.

Me: Don't look at me.

Baby: [Doyle], come over here. [a very brief and decisive arm-wrestle ensues, despite the two of them being around the same height]

Baby: I wanna win at arm-wrestling a guy, just one guy! I wonder if any of them will arm-wrestle me [looks over at the teens who have been playing on the library's Wii for about nine hours]

Me: Doubt it....

Baby: [turns to Tucker's Brother] You!

Me: Uh, he's like twice your size, you couldn't even beat [Doyle].

Baby: [tries anyway; at one point she is hanging onto TB with both arms, screeching in anger, and he is lifting her half off the floor]

Me: Hm.

Baby: Thumb-wrestle.

TB: ...Okay.

Baby: Okay, like this ... one ... two ... three ... uh - urgh --

Me: [quietly] One-two-three-four, I-declare-a-thumb-war....

TB: [is trying to say this at roughly the same time as me, but Baby is yelling at him]

Arms: Five-six-seven-eight, try-to-keep-your-thumb-straight....

Baby: Two-three-four... NooooOOooo! You have to hold your thumb like this. NO! Like this!

TB: Five-six-seven-eight ... uh, I don't know the other half, except the dirty one.

Baby: ...?

TB: "I-use-this-hand-to--"

Doyle:

Baby: You're disgusting.

TB:

Baby: Fine, just let's -- there -- no no no no, you're not doing it right!!! [grabs at his hand with her other hand in an attempt to re-position his thumb]

TB: Hey!

Baby: [bites his thumb]

TB: ...?! Ow!

Doyle: Did you just *bite* him?

Me:

Baby: [is still grabbing at his hand with both hers] You cheater!

Doyle:

TB: Oh, *I'm* the cheater. While you're holding my other hand and trying to bite me!

Me:

Doyle: [pokes at her shoulder]

Baby: Yes ... [pinning his thumb down with both hands] one ... two ... three TB: As you hold my thumb down ...

Baby: ... four ... five ... six ... seveneightnineten I'M A WINNER!!! [pauses, looks at me] Are you taking a video?

Me:

Edited on 08/07/2012 8:57am
    Edited 2 total times.

Hirundine

[20699]Aug 7, 2012
    Man, so many birthday notifications. Y'all getting old.

sitting_lion

[20700]Aug 7, 2012
    • level: 19
    Ok I'm here I am eagerly anticipating the shower of gifts. Also I'll read your transcripts soon. (At least that hasn't changed )