the music on bones

oatwin12

[1]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 3

hey has anyone here ever herd a song on bones and looked it up and the became your fav band well that has happend to me i looked up hot blooded and it is my fav song ever and the rest of there songs are great to

i want to know because i dont no if i am the only person that this has happend to  if it is i will fill kind of stupid.

all that music on bones is great to.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mrs_booth

[2]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 12
    Haha. No way are you stupid. I first heard 'Precious', a Depeche Mode song, on Bones, and now Depeche Mode is def. one of my favorite bands. So is the Fray(Look After You).

Most of my favorite songs I got off of Bones But that's okay, because everytime I listen to them, I think of this amazing show!

Actually, most of my musical interest is kind of all linked back to Bones.

Like, without hearing The Dumbing Down Of Love by Frou Frou in Graft In The Girl, I would have ever discovered Frou Frou, or Imogen Heap, and that introduced me to a whole dif. genre of music(Indie,Alternative...)

firefly317

[3]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 23

I discovered my favorite song on Bones. "Running Up That Hill" by Placebo. Amazing song. I also like the Kate Bush version, but Placebo just rocks! I've listened to that song about 200 times in the past four months. I burned it onto a CD 14 times and sometimes I justl isten to it over and over and over...

I also love Hot Blooded!

Angel2408

[4]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 9
    Thank god I am not the only one suddenly finding myself with new favorite songs because of a TV show. Mine include "Pain that I am used to" by Depeche Mode, "I'll look after you" by The Frays, ""Collide" by Howie Day and "Running up that Hill" by Placebo. Can't get enough of it. A band that I really come to enjoy is also Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, a band that sang "Feel it Now" from "Superhero in the Alley" and "Fault Line" from "The Bodies in the Book". Can't get enough of these. And all this are groups I'd never found if it weren't for BONES

Katz_uk27

[5]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 13

I had the opposite situation I am a big Pete Murray fan (aussie singer song writer) and was so impressed that his music was on Bones, The Graft in The Girl.  I didn't realise that his music had been recognised in the states as it hasn't been much here in the uk.

SoccerBatch

[6]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 10
    Okay, I love the music. But let me tell you, as soon as Luv gets her peepers on this thread, OMG, watch out. She has made a list of all the songs by episode, and gotten most of them and has made Cd's in order of their appearance on the show!! I know, cause she sent OhB and I her list, and she kept bugging us, and we ended up doing the same thing!! So, now, her crazy music love has rubbed off on us!

irunongames

[7]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 3
    I just had this threary come out of no where. Does the bones theam song sound like the Alis theam song? But only at a diffrent point of it?

BelieveVKSM

[8]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 5
    Unfortunately I do not watch Alias, so I could not tell you. Sorry!

TBones22

[9]Apr 10, 2007
    wow it kinda does.... pretty cool...

idaatje

[10]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 9

Haha I have the same thing
    A lot of my fav songs come from Bones. I can't get enough of Hot Blooded, Bring on the Wonder by Susan Enan (The Boy in the Shroud) and Cobrast yle by the Teddybears (from one of the Bones teasers on television). I also like songs by The Fray and Starsailor.

Don't know if you already know this site, but it's amazing if you're searching for songs you heard on tv or in movies: www.tunefind.com

WarFX

[11]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 1
    I'm trying to figure out the name of the song played in the first scene of "Judas On A Pole", the one that was playing while Max set the first corpes on fire. If anyone can tell me it'll be much appreciated.

swassy

[12]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 48

WarFX wrote:
    I'm trying to figure out the name of the song played in the first scene of "Judas On A Pole", the one that was playing while Max set the first corpes on fire. If anyone can tell me it'll be much appreciated.

It's "Running up that hill" by Placebo

akaisling

[13]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 17
    Yes I looked up the song from the Pilot episode that was being played while Brennan pieced together the song.

It's called 'Broken Bridge' and is by a band called Daughter Darling. I downloaded their entire album [They broke up after that album I think] but they are my most listened to artist on iTunes.

mrs_booth

[14]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 12
    swassy wrote:

WarFX wrote:

It's "Running up that hill" by Placebo

Actually it's Sea Lion, played in the first scene, I think

BBLovin

[15]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 11
    Okay, I LOVE Susan Enan's "Bring on the Wonder," and I actually got to speak with her (via myspace e-mail). Also, the Bones theme song is strictly for Bones. I downloaded it from iTunes and it is called "Bones Theme (Squint Mix by DJ Corporate)" by The Crystal Method. So, it's possible it sounds like the song they used for Alias (I don't know, because I can't stand that show), but it is definately NOT the same song. Also, I was watching CSI a few weeks ago (I think it was the episode where they were doing the exorcism/possession thing) and they used "Running Up That Hill" and I just yelled "Oh, My God. That's from Judas On A Pole!!!" And my mom just looked at me like I was crazy, so I told her that was an episode of Bones, she just looked at me like "Get over it." Anyway . . . And I've always loved Hot Blooded and Foreigner. Yeah, I love their music selections . . . Maybe I could get a copy of that list? I'd like to make my own soundtrack. I probably have about twelve songs already, but I know that's not a lot. Would really appreciate it if you could send it to me.

Daisyd2008

[16]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 8
    I never noticed that before but yeah it totally does ....How weird

PinkFloydGurl08

[17]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 1

I absolutly love the music thats on the shows every week and season for that matter i believe they happen to make the best decisions when it comes the music selection for BONES!!!!

Love it and actually i have all of the songs ever put on them lol

EOBB

[18]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 6
    I have a CD consisting of all music from Bones. I listen to it in the car all the time. Because of this my 2 year old's favorite song is Hot Blooded by Foreigner. Any time he hears any song from that CD he keeps yelling play Hot Blooded. He can sing the first several lines of the song... He likes to sing it when we are swinging at the park, or walking through quiet department stores. Whenever he sees me watching Bones on Tuesdays, he always asks me if they are going to sing Hot Blooded. He's a big fan of Two Bodies In the Lab.

BBLovin

[19]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 11
    AAHH. Please, someone, send me a list of all the songs! EEEKKK! Must have Bones "soundtrack." LOL, just kidding, I'm not that obsessed. But I really would like to have it (hint, hint, nudge, nudge). Please send me a list.

celdy

[20]Oct 26, 2007

BBLovin wrote:
    AAHH. Please, someone, send me a list of all the songs! EEEKKK! Must have Bones "soundtrack." LOL, just kidding, I'm not that obsessed. But I really would like to have it (hint, hint, nudge, nudge). Please send me a list.

Check out this link. Maybe it can help a bit?