"The Woman at the Airport (1-10)" Discussion Thread

tvguy8472

[1]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 7
    Personally, the best part of the episode for me was when the girl was talking about her aspiring actor boyfriend and says, "He played a terrorist on 24. He died in like 4 seconds." Anyway, nice new episode. Nice take on plastic surgery. Of course, with all their corperate synergy (24, Fox and Friends) you'd think they'ed been a little nicer on corprate cousin FX's Nip/Tuck. Well anyway, I do happen to agree (for the most part)... btw, did we get any new viewers from American Idol? Or did we lose everyone we had with the timeslot switch?
    Edited on 02/10/2007 11:34am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angelandspike

[2]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 66
    I liked the episode. I agree about plastic surgery. I'm not a fan of it unless it's for a medical reason.

I enjoyed the tension between Goodman and Jack. The final compromise they made was nice. I liked the way that story arc reconciled the differences between theory and science.

I'm wondering how the show did going up against Lost. I hope that didn't hurt it too much.
    Edited on 01/25/2006 10:20pm

tvguy8472

[3]Jan 25, 2006
    angelandspike wrote:
    I liked the episode. I agree about plastic surgery. I'm not a fan of it unless it's for a medical reason.

I enjoyed the tension between Goodman and Jack. The final compromise they made was nice. I liked the way that story arc reconciled the differences between theory and science.

I'm wondering how the show did going up against Lost. I hope that didn't hurt it too much.

Yeah, that's pretty much how i feel too (about plastic surgery).

I ended up watching Bones and taping Lost cause i was already watching AI. More to get in the mode for when I have to when AI moves to 9 than I think Bones is better than Lost. Well, I don't have a box anyway so it's not like it matters. And Bones is sure to need more help than Lost is anyway.

donpresnell

[4]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 1
    I set my timer incorrectly last night. Anyone out there help me get last night's ep? Thanks.

Don
    donpresnell@yahoo.com

Kaliban01

[5]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 3
    Did anyone notice that the car they rented was incredibly similar to the one D.B. drove on Angel?

Talvix

[6]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 52
    Wasn't it weird seeing Angel and the mayor in the same room?

tjaman

[7]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 32
    It must've been a nice little reunion for them. "Bones" is so in the 'Verse. If you squint at the screen and look at it a little sideways, it's basically Season 6 of "Angel" after Angel becomes human through the Shanshu prophecy from playing a major role in the apocalypse and slaying the dragon in the finale.

Becoming a federal agent and tracking down bad guys through the FBI is a natural career arc for him -- especially with the help of a brainy, beautiful science geek. That and he has a blonde girlfriend and a young son.

So in the 'Verse.

The mayor also played Joe's boss on "Medium." I love seeing him wherever he pops up.

IndianaMom

[8]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 54
    tvguy8472 wrote:
    btw, did we get any new viewers from American Idol? Or did we lose everyone we had with the timeslot switch?

You got at least one. I watched Bones for the first time last night, after watching American Idol. I really liked it.

spookygirl_05

[9]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 2
    IndianaMom wrote:
    tvguy8472 wrote:
    btw, did we get any new viewers from American Idol? Or did we lose everyone we had with the timeslot switch?

You got at least one. I watched Bones for the first time last night, after watching American Idol. I really liked it.

Add two more. My aunt and her husband watched Bones for the first time last night because they were already watching AI and were curious about the previews. So I opted to watch Bones and tape Veronica Mars (another great show featuring guest spots from BtVS/Angel alum—including Joss himself) just in case she called during the show to discuss or ask questions (which she did).

BTW, great episode. I especially liked the scene where Booth gives the California agent what-for about her priorities.

ISIK_GS

[10]Jan 26, 2006
    wowww, watching this episode was like watching Angel, God, i didn't know that i missed Angel this much!!! Seeing David Boreanaz in his convertible driving in LA and after the scene with "the mayor" i was like, it must be a dream or something.

danharr

[11]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 45
    Good episode and showed the rest of the team behind the scenes was nice. That whole exchange with the director was good my favorite part was him being reveled as a man who cares about science and not some bureaucrat trying to save his rep. I'm so glad super genius Temperance did karate chop anyone this time around. Those acts of violence along with her "I don't know what that means", are way over-done. Great indictment of plastic surgery although hey no-one is making these ladies do it. Goodness it was gross the way she started tearing skin off that skull!

tjaman

[12]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 32
    ISIK_GS wrote:
    wowww, watching this episode was like watching Angel, God, i didn't know that i missed Angel this much!!! Seeing David Boreanaz in his convertible driving in LA and after the scene with "the mayor" i was like, it must be a dream or something.

Less with the sunny, of course ('cept for Pylea)

fatfreeoreos

[13]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 40
    [QUOTE="tjaman"]It must've been a nice little reunion for them. "Bones" is so in the 'Verse. If you squint at the screen and look at it a little sideways, it's basically Season 6 of "Angel" after Angel becomes human through the Shanshu prophecy from playing a major role in the apocalypse and slaying the dragon in the finale.

Becoming a federal agent and tracking down bad guys through the FBI is a natural career arc for him -- especially with the help of a brainy, beautiful science geek. That and he has a blonde girlfriend and a young son.

So in the 'Verse.
    QUOTE]

You're not wrong. There's subtle references in, like, every ep. It's fun to catch 'em.

On this ep, this is now one of my fave eps, with Christmas and 'The Man in the Bear'. Good, fast-paced, snappy dialogue, like always. Despite the serious plastic surgery plot, I found this episode to be very humorous. I like Zack and Hodgins on the screen, when he pushed him. I liked Booth ordering a hooker on Bones' phone, and the way he stood up for her. Loved Booth and Bones in the car, "I'm an excellent driver." "Thank you, Rain Man." LOL.... Wasn't really into Goodman and Hodgins as much, though. I was on Hodgins' side, he was starting to annoy me with his theories. The ending was exremely good and very twisty, although, for a second, I knew what was gonna happen. Harry Groener's character didn't put up a fight or anything, he was too complacent to be the killer. The hooker, Leslie, inspired....
    Edited on 01/27/2006 4:10pm

Rhino3434

[14]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 6
    danharr wrote:
    Good episode and showed the rest of the team behind the scenes was nice. That whole exchange with the director was good my favorite part was him being reveled as a man who cares about science and not some bureaucrat trying to save his rep. I'm so glad super genius Temperance did karate chop anyone this time around. Those acts of violence along with her "I don't know what that means", are way over-done. Great indictment of plastic surgery although hey no-one is making these ladies do it. Goodness it was gross the way she started tearing skin off that skull!

I think what you meant to say was that Temperance did NOT karate chop anyone on this episode.
    I also think that they needed to tone down her acts of violence but I absolutely love the "I don't know what that means" line that we are treated to in almost every episode. The Rain Man one was a classic! It's part of what makes Bones' character so lovable I think.

tvdavid

[15]Jan 30, 2006
    • level: 8
    How could Goodman fire Hodgins? Doesn't he know that Hodgins funds the Jeffersonian?

seanconery

[16]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 10
    No, no one does, well just the people that found out previously in the show, he's trying to hide it. I was hoping he would fire Hodgins and then Hodgins would turn around and tell him he can't fire him.

tvdavid

[17]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 8
    seanconery wrote:
    No, no one does, well just the people that found out previously in the show, he's trying to hide it. I was hoping he would fire Hodgins and then Hodgins would turn around and tell him he can't fire him.

If he's trying to hide it from Goodman, why pick a fight with him that would lead to the secret coming out?

The confrontation just didn't make sense to me. This is what happens when you don't have enough characters in the show, you have to assign contradictory storylines to one character. Or maybe it's just bad writing.

Edited on 01/31/2006 9:33am

seanconery

[18]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    He knows he's too valuable and that Goodman isn't the type of person that would fire him for challenging his authority.

Browncoat1976

[19]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 12
    I thought that Hodgins' family funds the Jeffersonian, while Hodgins himself just wants to be a regular guy. It seemed to me during the episode he would have accepted being fired. It wouldn't have been very manly of him to lay his job on the line when he could just run to mommy & daddy to get it back. He has shown a strong aversion to any type of power so far; he could have dangled his family over Goodman's and Brennan's heads already, but instead doesn't want anyone to know about it and accepts being bossed around because that's part of being a regular guy -- heck I even think he enjoys it.

That's my take, anyway.