Bones Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

"The Woman in the Car (1-11)" Discussion Thread

tvguy8472

[1]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 7
    OK, just one question...

since when is Bones a top-secret agent working in Cuba?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zoolander53

[2]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    Fantastic episode, very suspensfull and thrilling. After watching last weeks episode of "lost" and this weeks episode of "bones" the decision to stop watching lost will be an easy one.

efeatherston

[3]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 3
    tvguy8472 wrote:
    OK, just one question...

since when is Bones a top-secret agent working in Cuba?

There have been off-hand remarks throughout the series that she has been called in to help the government (outside the FIB) identify bodies and remains. I just saw that as an extension. A politically sensitive situation arose where she had to help identify remains in Cuba.

brandysable1

[4]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 1
    Does anyone remember what the father said to the detective so the little boy would know his father sent him. It was something like, Palada? Defender of Faith, protector of ? If anyone knows that would be great. Thanks

seanconery

[5]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 10
    I really liked the episode as a whole, but I've gotta say, the actor that played the father was just horrible. It was not believable at all, just plain bad acting and possibly some bad writing, not a lot of bad writing, but some.

rebel_devil

[6]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 13
    The secret word was Paladin. GREAT EPISODE! I loved the shootout, but it was too damn short. You're right, Bones is way more interesting than Lost. Unless Lost can kick it up a notch with something that actually happens that's interesting, I'm not gonna be tuning in. And the more I watch Lost, the more I get the feeling, the writers don't know how to end it.

Jacks_Son

[7]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 13
    Yes, it was an excellent episode. They need to make one adjustment and everything would be fine. Jack (T.J. Thyne) needs to chill out. He's too high strung. Give him a girlfriend or something, but this conspiracy stuff is getting old. At this rate, he's more immature or nutty than Zack is. He needs to get a life. Temperance looked great last night. Damn, she's starting to pass Angela in overall hotness.

TPTB REALLY need to pick up this show for another season. Seeley and Temperence have fantastic chemistry.

fatfreeoreos

[8]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 40
    I love thee Bones, let me count the ways...okay that was stupid even for me. Great ep, although I didn't completely understand the witness protection stuff, lost to me a tad. Loved Brennan's writing advice, the thing with, "FBI. US Marshals. Forensic anthropologist, that's why I don't have a gun.", I think this might be the first episode to really count on the other eps, you know, the fact that Booth has a son, a man eaten by an animal, blown up, etc....Speaking of Booth, did anyone notice in the interview, that Booth walked in at the same time she asked Brennan about her love life? I don't know, just thought to mention.... Loved Booth as a protective father, yeah, it warmed up to me, just a tad, how he knew what he would have done, and all that.... This might be the most Angely ep So far, like the name Parker, he has a son, and he said he'd buy her a puppy, which is mentioned so often.......
    Edited on 02/02/2006 3:18pm

angelandspike

[9]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 66
    I liked this episode very much. I think the show is moving along nicely.

However, I agree that it backslid a bit with Jack. I would like to see him become less paranoid. I don't want him to lose that completely, but he doesn't need to be so adamant about it.

danharr

[10]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 45
    Good episode but all the dead women this show puts on is a bit creepy. Like someone said the actor that played the father was strangely weak in his performance, he's usually very good. As another poster said Breenan is looking way good! Other chick was okay but has a goofy look to me so i've always been a Breenan shipper. This week was all about one-liners and characters cause the story was very convoluted and weak.

tvguy8472

[11]Feb 2, 2006
    Possible error: TB said she did her first TV interview in this ep, but we saw her getting interviewed last week.

taurie54

[12]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 9
    tvguy8472 wrote:
    Possible error: TB said she did her first TV interview in this ep, but we saw her getting interviewed last week.
    Not really, it seemed that interview focused more on the movie than the book. The one she just had seemed more like a "standard" interview.

angelandspike

[13]Feb 2, 2006
    They probably aired the episodes out of order. Now that I think about the other interview, it seems like that's probably what happened. She didn't know anything about the filming in this one and she did in the previous episode. That has to be what they did.

I hate to say it, but that is something Fox seems to do when they intend to cancel a show.

Talvix

[14]Feb 3, 2006
    • level: 52
    brandysable1 wrote:
    Does anyone remember what the father said to the detective so the little boy would know his father sent him. It was something like, Palada? Defender of Faith, protector of ? If anyone knows that would be great. Thanks

Someone already responded that the word was in fact "paladin" but here's more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin.

I take it you're not familiar with role-playing games.

Kypma

[15]Feb 4, 2006
    Donovan's code name was Paladin, which means "knight in shining armour". The word's origin is the Latin word "palatinus", which means "attached to the palace".
    (Information taken from Bones offical website)

Kypma

[16]Feb 4, 2006
    The official Bones website notes "The Woman in the Car" as episode 110, and "The Woman at the Airport" as 111, even though they were broadcasted in the opposite order. Which is why the interview in "The Woman in the Car" would be Dr. Brennan's first interview.

archangelcory16

[17]Feb 4, 2006
    • level: 32
    I only saw the first 10 minutes, but what I saw was awesome. And hilarious.

"How could I possibly have known what you watched on television ?"

Too bad LOST is better. I hope this show is released on DVD.

angelandspike

[18]Feb 4, 2006
    Kypma wrote:
    The official Bones website notes "The Woman in the Car" as episode 110, and "The Woman at the Airport" as 111, even though they were broadcasted in the opposite order. Which is why the interview in "The Woman in the Car" would be Dr. Brennan's first interview.

I thought that's what they had done. It's the second time they've done it.

Lothars

[19]Feb 5, 2006
    • level: 4
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    I only saw the first 10 minutes, but what I saw was awesome. And hilarious.

"How could I possibly have known what you watched on television ?"

Too bad LOST is better. I hope this show is released on DVD.

I disagree fully I mean Lost was good in the first season but I prefer bones way more than I ever liked Lost

this show IMO has a lasting ability compared to lost which is average now.

tvdavid

[20]Feb 6, 2006
    • level: 8
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    Temperance looked great last night. Damn, she's starting to pass Angela in overall hotness.

I thought it looked like Emily Deschanel is pregnant... which was jarring to notice, considering the dialog in this episode.

In "The Woman at the Airport", which we all agree was filmed later, I don't think they ever showed her body from the front or side.
    Edited on 02/08/2006 12:00pm