Thoughts on Hannah?

skhplbliss

[1]Nov 12, 2010
    • level: 9

I'm a long time fan of the show, and have loyally been following it for years. Despite my better judgment, I find myself loving her character. Maybe it's got something to do with the actress who portrays her, Katheryn Winnick. I'm also a long time fan of hers, so perhaps that's coloring my views.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sandbur

[2]Nov 13, 2010
    • level: 25

I like that they made her intelligent and a do-er, like Bones. Of course, after Bones, Booth's character wouldn't have any empty bimbos on his arm. But I don't get any real chemistry with them. Puzzling that they hit it off so well originally, and once out of the danger zone, still believe they are a match.

Its a fun story line to play with, and it certainly prolongs the shelf life of the series...

skhplbliss

[3]Nov 13, 2010
    I hope she becomes a recurring character and stays on for more than a few episodes. I know she's signed on for about 8-ish, and more are probably contingent on whether or not the fans respond well to her. Hopefully everyone else'll like her as much as I do.

Starprincess13

[4]Nov 14, 2010
    • level: 24

I actually like her as well. I know most people hate her because she is with Booth but I find her to be a decent character so far. I don't want her to end up with Booth in the end (I'm an big B&B shipper) but that doesn't mean I'm just going to hate her because she's with Booth (this might be partly due to the fact that I'm not one of the fans who want B&B together right this second. I'm not picky about when as long as it is done right). So far, she seems to be the type of strong female character (quite similar to Brennan) that I like on tv and hasn't shown any personality traits that would turn me off her. I would actually be pretty happy if she stayed around a little bit longer after she and Booth break up (because we know they will eventually in the end) but I don't know if I can see her character staying in DC after they break up since Booth was the only reason she came there in the first place.

skhplbliss

[5]Nov 15, 2010
    Starprincess13 wrote:

I actually like her as well. I know most people hate her because she is with Booth but I find her to be a decent character so far. I don't want her to end up with Booth in the end (I'm an big B&B shipper) but that doesn't mean I'm just going to hate her because she's with Booth (this might be partly due to the fact that I'm not one of the fans who want B&B together right this second. I'm not picky about when as long as it is done right). So far, she seems to be the type of strong female character (quite similar to Brennan) that I like on tv and hasn't shown any personality traits that would turn me off her. I would actually be pretty happy if she stayed around a little bit longer after she and Booth break up (because we know they will eventually in the end) but I don't know if I can see her character staying in DC after they break up since Booth was the only reason she came there in the first place.

I agree completely. I feel like that's one of the reasons Booth was so attracted to her in the first place - the similarity to Bones. And also the fact that she's gorgeous.

Mitoch

[6]Nov 16, 2010
    • level: 11

I haven't seen the character (other than the previews) so I honestly can't say I like or dislike her.

But...

***SPOILER***

Geri08

[7]Nov 16, 2010
    • level: 31

In reply to Mitoch...

Do not read this if you are not up to date with spoilers!!!

***SPOILER***

penelope1985

[8]Nov 16, 2010
    • level: 21

Mitoch wrote:

I haven't seen the character (other than the previews) so I honestly can't say I like or dislike her.

But...

***SPOILER***

Νο Μitoch that can never happen... Then Booth will remember Hannah forever.... He will break up with her himself...

Mitoch

[9]Nov 18, 2010
    • level: 11

Geri08 wrote:

In reply to Mitoch...

Do not read this if you are not up to date with spoilers!!!

***SPOILER***

You still believe what HH says? Even after "End in the Beginning"?

Hirundine

[10]Nov 18, 2010
    • level: 26
    Not to mention I could've sworn there was a "might" in there at one point, rendering it even more meaningless.

elle_elle213

[11]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 4

I had moments of grudgingly liking Hannah up until The Bones that Weren't, the episode in which Hannah gets her stupid ass shot, Bones saves her life, and as a thank you Hannah demands a present and takes Brennan's sunglasses from her. The more I think of it the more pissed I get. That scene had the potential to get more people on board the Hannah train, but then she did that. Does Hart not want us to like her? Did he think she was too likable and he felt he had to do something to make us dislike her again? Don't worry Hart. Barely anybody likes her. Then again I don't think people dislike her so much as resent her being there and having the relationship shoved in our faces taking up airtime like any of us want to see it. We all tolerated Cam because it was barely shown and even then Booth still had great chemistry with Brennan, maybe some of the hottest chemistry we've seen in any of their seasons together.

carioca22

[12]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 15

Damn I miss the chemistry so much....

I'm gonna start a campain: Bring the chemistry back!

Hannah: I'd don't like when you fight... Jeez

Who are you to meddle? Is she going to participate in cases now too??

My thoughts on Hannah remain the same: Leave, Hannah! Run for your life! Take the damn sunglasses and leave Booth.

OnePerCentClub

[13]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 35
    I think the question here is how is she going to leave the show forever and that could be a good game.

I have no ideas yet. But I'm sure she is not going to be killed. Because then Booth will blame himself bla bla bla and now the consolation prize will be Brennan and we don't want that.

But after Hannah's gone, I don't see Booth running to Brennan. The only reason I see Booth leaving Hannah is for something that is very important to him, or too serious and Hannah is not willing to do but Brennan always is. Because Hannah is not a cheater, she's not getting killed, she likes Parker, she loves Booth... I don't see another reason.

And I don't see Hannah stepping aside either. Booth has to choose. Wisely.

OnePerCentClub

[14]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 35
    carioca22 wrote:

Damn I miss the chemistry so much....

Me too!

carioca22 wrote:

I'll second you. Start a thread, now!

carioca22 wrote:

Hannah: I'd don't like when you fight... Jeez

Who are you to meddle? Is she going to participate in cases now too??

Ugh! If I were Brennan I would've said "Do you have to be everywhere now?"

carioca22 wrote:

My thoughts on Hannah remain the same: Leave, Hannah! Run for your life! Take the damn sunglasses and leave Booth.

Your thoughts and the thoughts of 7500 million viewers (Yeah I assume the other 1500 are men and like to see her)

BarryWeen3

[15]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 14
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

carioca22 wrote:

Your thoughts and the thoughts of 7500 million viewers (Yeah I assume the other 1500 are men and like to see her)

Well...we do...

penelope1985

[16]Dec 10, 2010
    Ηannah is alright... she is a shiny toy for Booth to play with...

grissomsidle

[17]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 17
    penelope1985 wrote:
    Ηannah is alright... she is a shiny toy for Booth to play with...

Yes, a distraction. I like that you used shiny toy. I laughed "a shiny toy for Booth to play with..." She really is isn't she.

carioca22

[18]Dec 11, 2010
    • level: 15

OnePerCentClub wrote:
    carioca22 wrote:

I'll second you. Start a thread, now!

Thread started!

lostcause78

[19]Dec 11, 2010
    Count me in for one of the rare Hannah fans.

I'm surprised so many dislike her, I get that it's for BB. But, all she did was fall for Booth? Booth chose her himself, it wasn't through some cheap trick or a big misunderstanding.

But then again, I never needed BB to happen *ducks from all the flames* It would be cute sure, but I also liked the whole Mulder and Scully aspect. Tons of tension, no release. Until it started going very downhill towards the end.

penelope1985

[20]Dec 11, 2010
    lostcause78 wrote:
    Count me in for one of the rare Hannah fans.

I'm surprised so many dislike her, I get that it's for BB. But, all she did was fall for Booth? Booth chose her himself, it wasn't through some cheap trick or a big misunderstanding.

But then again, I never needed BB to happen *ducks from all the flames* It would be cute sure, but I also liked the whole Mulder and Scully aspect. Tons of tension, no release. Until it started going very downhill towards the end.

Mulder and Scully's relationship never progressed on screen... That was a very different show...