Bones

FOX Premiered Sep 13, 2005 Returning September 25, 2014

layle1

Bones Fan Reviews (892)

• Horrible!!!

This show is really a bust. I loved the first seasons, now is just a horrible show. The show is too long, with no enthusiastic cases, it is just plain bad and boring. Also what really strikes me on this show is precisely the main character, Bones, she is a mean person, a know-at-all with no respect or whatsoever for people and their feelings, and she is just damn mean and a horrifying person. Truly, she portraits a person that in really live no one would love or care for. It is ridicules that they keep that character as the main character. Both I and many of my acquaintances just stop watching an episode or the entire show because it is unbearable to see a show with such a bad and ridicules character as Bones.
  • GrEat ShOw!!

Love the show don't change as for you whinny people out there your going to ruin it with your negative comments and they'll cancel another great show. If you don't like the show don't watch it. I truly enjoy all the characters Bones and Booth they make the show that's why its been on for so long!
  • Always happens

The shows are great until they have to give production rights to the main characters and boom, the show suffers. Then as soon as the show starts running out of plots, the main characters have to get married and have kids ( when the whole basis of the series was them working together). Was a great show.
  • what have you done to me

omg I hate cliffhangers so much, let the haters hate I love this show, and the conspiracies now with govt I love it :)
  • ENOUGH of the FLUFF! We want action, danger and more of the tough FBI version of Booth!

Bones needs to make EVERY epi in Season 10 as exciting as finale or it will not get to have a Season 11. Just like NCIS I feel the Bones writers have become super lazy and complacent in the writing. I agree w reviewers who said the first few seasons were the BEST. Well written w perfect combo of action, sexy tough Booth, danger and the best serial villains on TV! But ever since Hart Hansen et al started to focus on only getting B n B together, the show became boring, predictable FLUFF. Season 10 finale was hands down one of the best episodes of the entire series cz it was realistic danger, hot sexy amazing Ranger Booth and I found myself nervous WITH him. Kudos to DB for amazing directing of the epi.

I wish producers wld read more reviews like these to see what the viewers want because it wld help them improve the right things and keep the FANS happy since happy viewers = higher ratings. I wish NCIS and Bones producers wld hire a few fresh new writers to add to the mix and light a darn fire under the current writers who are stuck in their lazy, predictable, boring ways. I want BOTH shows to be around for a few more years and they won't be unless this happens.

Oh and I wish Emily wld get a cuter hair cut and get bangs again cz it makes her eyes pop so much more (look at pics of her w bangs and curls. Her hair rt now does nothing to frame her gorgeous face and the straight no bangs look makes her look tired and drawn.
  • Jump the Shark for sure.

The finale was just too far fetched, even for Bones. I'm done with it.
  • Wrong, wrong. This show has too many issues

First off, the show feels like it has had its run for too long. They probally should have made a finale in season 9 since the show has jumped the shark in a way. Also, the 2 main characters dont have the right chemistry together to me. Plus, the show is trying to be a comedy but crime shows do not mix with those (except for the few rare exceptions on other shows). The show needs to pick itself up for season 10. FOX needs to in order to keep the show going.
  • Looks like 10th season will be Sit-Com with fake laugh tracks.

Looks like 10th season will be Sit-Com with fake laugh tracks etc.
  • Bones show becoming way too political...

I used to love this show. And I like that Brennan is an Aspie (Asperger's). But lately the liberal subliminal messaging has become right out in the open in the story line. From pushing medical marijuana to bashing rich people and companies, the writers are showing their colors as true Obama's sycophants. I have had enough. Hollywood doesn't understand the real world. And what's worse, just like Obama, they think they know what is best for the people to think. What's next, talking about the Right's (false) "war on women"?

Please just give us good stories... leave politics to the people.
  • Great show

I guess you guys really haven't looked into Bones character. She is portrayed to have Asperger's Syndrome. That is why she is the way she is. It keeps it interesting. I absolutely love this show!
  • Bones- The most annoying TV show I have ever seen

2.5
    I am in the middle of watching the latest episode of Bones and it just hit me- I HATE TEMPERANCE BRENNAN! She has become annoying know it all I don't know why I didn't notice this before. I was big fan of this show in the first 5 or 6 season. I thought the relationship between Booth and Temperance was the most adult relationship I have seen in any TV show. It was based on trust mutual admiration from one another it's the kind relationship everyone should strive to achieve, but lately the main character Temperance has been pushing my buttons. She is a complete know it all she knows bones archaeology match and apparently she can do Booth's job too knowing martial arts knows how to use a gun she goes on Booth's missions puts herself in danger because she can do Booths' job better than he does forget that he has military training years of experience I mean really what kind of FBI agent brings a civilian let alone a forensic anthropologist along to go on mission to chase the bad guy apperently FBI agent Seeley Booth does and for a smart person like Dr Brennan to chase a suspect without a gun when Booth is screaming "Bones stop!" and to tackle him all by herself is really stupid! Dr Brennan is perfect TOO PERFECT!! She can do no wrong she should have her own comic book at Marvel or DC comics because that's what she is now a comic book character. The show really irks me, the supporting cast are just really there to fill in the minutes sure they'll do a special episode for Dr Hodgins or angela or Dr Soroyan but really there just there as Bones yes men nothing really interesting all in all the science in the show is great but the characters have become stale and Bones has become the most annoying character in TV today
  • Bones Character more arrogant

Yes, I agree, the character of Dr Brennen has become a real arrogant rude jerk. One would think after being around the others all these years her character would change, but they have made her even more of an arrogant jerk.
  • Disappointed!

2.5
    It is very disappointing that the show has regressed to cheesy emotional outbursts and weak science. I agree with several of the previous reviews, in that, this was a favorite show of mine, until its decent into Soap-Opera emoting.

Bones seems intentionally rude, and for someone so intelligent, hasn't learned anything about appropriate behavior in nine years.

It is also very difficult to believe that a devoutly Catholic Army Sniper is a bleeding heart, anti-capitalism, liberal socialist.

The dissolution of the core of these primary characters is ruining this once great show. I wonder if Kathy Reichs is in this for the money or the story.
  • Miss the old Bones

Cant believe this show has been renewed for another season. Its actually embarrassing how bad it has become. Absolutely LOVED this show when i first started watching. It was entertaining and intelligent. Brennan was a bit irritating in the begining but in mad scientist, she doesnt know any better kind of way, now she is just plain stuck up and rude. Most of the time it really does seem as though she is going out of her way to rude. The show these days seems to focus less and less on the murders (which are becoming lamer by the week) and more on the characters relationships with each other.

Sad how a once amazing show has something that is painful to watch.
  • Temperance is the worst part of the show

0.0
    This show is horrendously irritating because Temperance is either really autistic ("aspie") or just a flat-out a-hole. She is arrogant, condescending, self-centered, demeaning, and completely anti-social. She does not understand metaphors, sarcasm, or social cues. She takes everything literally and constantly says utterly stupid things. These are all symptoms of Autism (specifically Asperger's syndrome), and if she had that, then it would make sense and could be tolerated. However, they don't say that she is like that (they just call her "eccentric"), so coming from a supposedly normal and functional person, her behavior just makes her a raging jerk. Further evidence of her likely Autism is that she seems to be an "idiot savant"; good at forensic anthropology and a few scientific things, but bad at everything else. I really don't know why they refuse to acknowledge what she really is.

I ignored it at the start of the show, but not only has it become more intense, but the fact that all of the other characters seem to be blind to her trashy attitude and act like she is just "quirky" and otherwise great makes them almost as bad as Brennan herself.

There have been a couple of episodes where they actually addressed her behavior, but they always just ignore it and let her go back to being garbage.

The only tolerable thing in the show now is Hodgins who is *actually* quirky and amusing, but that isn't going to be enough to justify continuing to watch this aggravating show.

• Bones' Bad Writing, Producing, Etc.

The First few episodes are definitely the best, aside from the fact that the "creative" minds behind the show decided to stall the romance between Booth and Brenan until they had no choice but to make them love partners and expectant parents practically overnight at the end of season 6 after the female lead becomes pregnant in real life. The fact that fans of the show still talk about this huge letdown is a good indicator that the audience become disenchanted and the show lost a good part of its audience, including me.
  • Stalled Evolution

Used to love this show so much, but the refusal of the writers to let Brennan's character evolve in any way is really frustrating. Every other character on the show has grown in some way, but no matter the life changing situation she stays the same. She has definitely become my least favorite and most predictable character.

It used to annoy me that we were expected to believe a character with seemingly no imagination could be responsible for writing best selling novels... But I got over that.

The only other gripes I have are that they seem to also have forgotten that Brennan was paying Angela to supply the sex scenes for her books. (Something that would really come in handy since Hodgins lost his Also that they threw a perfectly good opurtunity to have Zack guest star when we met his mentally challenged brother.
  • season 9 is off

I started watching bones on season 9 is they killed off the his no suspense left in it.

Was so much better when bones and booth wasnt together.

• Bones series in general

I find Emily Deschanel's character much more annoying than when the show dbuted. Lately she seems to be bending backwards to be as irritating as possible. I know Eric Millegan and Jonathan Adams are long gone but sometimes I wish they could bring their characters back at least every now and then.

When they replaced Dr. Goodman with Dr. Saroyan, in my opinion, they made a major mistake. I like Ms. Taylor but her character is dry and really doesn't bring anything to the show. Replacing Zack Addy with Dr. Sweets was a bit sad, but in the beginning John Francis Daley (Dr. Sweets) was fun to watch, he isn't as much fun anymore, it's a shame, his character at least brought a laugh to the show at one time.

I actually like how Angela Montenegro grew in the show. I like Michaela Conlin's character much more now. As for Dr. Hodgins, he's still great, not much change, still likeable and fun to watch. The same can be said for David Boreanaz's character, he's enjoyable to watch and not much changed, except he seems to have forgotten he has a son, which bothers me a bit.

I still watch the show, but I don't look forward to it as I did in the past.

• Love Lab Movie

Would love to see the Andrew/Caroline love story come back. That episode is one of my favorite ones because of the story. Caroline is a GREAT character and deserves happiness!
  • Bones

Well im so disappointed that i waited 6 seasons to see bones and booth get together and it was defintly the biggest let down i have ever experienced. We have to just assume they got together and next episode she is pregnant. Unbeleivable no romance nothing, Biggest let down ever, wont watch it anymore i couldnt beleive it , cant watch it any further biggest disappointment Ever!!!!!!
  • Fantastic Show

I love Bones, it is comedy, drama, romance, mystery, and thriller all rolled up in one fantastic show. I hope it last 20+ years. If something as offensive as the Simpsons could last that long then Bones should have no trouble last at least another five years.

• Great!!

I LOVE Bones and don't have access to cable all the time. So makes it easier allot easier to count on.
  • Offensively Stupid

1.5
    No thanks to Netflix, one of my teenagers has had this show streaming in the background constantly for the last several weeks. I suppose it's no accident that it airs on Fox - the show is clearly designed for the not-very-bright segment of Murdoch's media empire, with medical language ripped straight from Wikipedia and plot lines stolen from Gray's Anatomy's already foul-smelling trash bin.

"Oh, he broke his one of his metatarsal

"Yes, you mean one of the long bones in his

Because in real life, medical personnel are always explaining to themselves just what their fellow doctors just said.

The cast is uniformly shopping mall pretty. The writing doesn't help them, but these guys seem so proud of their ability to photograph well that they sort of forgot anything having to do with believable human behavior. When this show finally goes belly-up, the intellectual and artistic average of television will get a big bump up.
  • Moving to Friday's?

Moving to Friday's is another sign the show is dying. Every show I've seen move to Friday's has been cancelled the next year. Sad too, this is one of my favorite shows.
  • Bones Bug Baby Daddy

This episode was disgusting. I can't believe the writers would be this sick to have Hodgins birth an insect through his neck. I may never watch again!!
  • BONES BUG BABY DADDY

Last night I watched my final episode of Bones. I am not squeamish over the usual forensic content but Monday November 11s episode was both revolting and ridiculous.

Over the years my favorite character has been Jack Hodgins because of his quirky conspiracy theories, over the top experiments and overwhelming enthusiasm for his insects. Now when I see him all I feel is disgust. He should sue the writer of that episode,

No more Bones for me.

Diane
  • Favorite show of all time

Not only do I love Bones because of the story lines and characters, but it is one of the few shows that actually move along in a reasonable way. Too many shows get stale, characters who never progress, but they have found a way for the characters to grow without ruining the show.
  • watch the kill again

He shot him at close range straight through the neck.
  • Sad to watch show die.

1.5
    Agree with fan 'Writerpatrick" review.

Last nights episode left me wondering if the writers have been killed.

< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10