Bones

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 13, 2005 Returning March 26th, 2015

layle1

Bones Fan Reviews page 10 of 32

• Ugh, that was painful. Angel fans, stay away.

I tuned in for David Boreanaz but he was the only decent thing in the show. The female lead is TERRIBLE and the character is so unlikable. They're trying to make her independent and strong and instead they made a character no one could possibly care about.

The writing was clunky, the use of music very awkward and the mystery uninvolving. Every single supporting character was irritating. The dialogue was painfully bad.

Just a complete waste of time.
  • Can't wait for the rest of the series!

I just watched the Pilot & I can't wait for fall to see the rest of this series. Please Fox, recognize that we need a full season of this show & plan the time slots accordingly! I'm so tired of reality, nanny/911, wife swapping, old celeb reality shows. We NEED this show on TV! It's a keeper all. Great Job Marti!
  • The magic of Bones

I first watched a Bones' episode totally by accident, when I was flipping through channels on tv. I fell in love with it. No, waiting anxiously for the show's sixth season to begin I bring myself to write a review about it.
    Bones is a great show. It has it all: humor, drama, angst, sexual tension; everything we love to see in a show.
    The Bones/Booth relationship is what kept me glued to the TV for the most part, but then I learned to like the whole squint squad, how could I not? In my opinion is what makes this show one of the best on recent television, it also shines light to the other characters of the show and their story plots. By the time I watched the second season I was totally gone without chance of return, the second season is by the way one of my favorites of the show until now.
    In spite of using some old formula for a tv show: the never ending UST between the main characters, the show inovated with its unique episodes and plots - I'm sure that most viewers were as stunned by the 100th episode as I was - and I hope that it continues with its uniqueness until the end.
  • Bones is about Temperance Brennan, a Forensic Anthropologist. She solves murders with her FBI partner Special Agent Seeley Booth. They share the screen with several crazy, but lovable characters that assist in catching the murderers and serving justice

I have to honestly say that Bones is one of my all time favorite shows. I was never really into murder mystery series's, I guess I never considered watching those kinds as entertaining. If anything I found them depressing. I absolutely love Bones though. It has an entertaining cast that draws you in from episode one. Through the series I have watched the characters grow, as well as the relationships between them. That is a rare quality in most crime shows. I love the Human element, and the chemistry of the actors and the characters that they portray, especially Both and Brennan. All I can say is that I wait on baited breath for the next episode.
  • Freaks and geeks who are ridiculously gorgeous, gory human remains, and probably the best chemistry between 2 most unlikely couple in TV universe. Or if you prefer short, Mulder and Scully in a whole new perspective.

I was having my lunch some weekend and flipping through channels, when I eventually stop at this scene where a group of people in some sort of lab was poking some crush human remains. It's not a pretty sight, especially when you're having lunch at the time. But Lords knows why I continue watching and completely abandon my lunch. Later on I found out that the scene was from "Spacemen in the Crater" from Bones season 1 episode 19. The rest is history and I'm hooked ever since. I'm always been a big fan of this sort of odd couple on screen and not many out there that can pull off the right chemistry like Brennan/Booth. They come in second after Mulder/Scully of course, my all time favorite show on TV back in the day where freaks and geeks don't usually put on primetime TV. But despite all the fuss about URST between Brennan/Booth, my loyalty in the show must lay in the hand of those remains that waiting to be discover through out the season and the barter between the squints who inhabit the Jeffersonian Medico-Legal Lab.
  • Great show... original characters. Very interesting story-lines.

Very orignal series with actors/characters to match! Can't get enough! Hope tis series lasts for many more years to come..... AND I hope that Brennan and Booth wake up to reality and finally really see each other as the perfect match that they are...... well, at least I hope the writers do!!
    Never really thought about everything that your bones could tell about you.... even after death... but the way it's done in this series makes it all seem so logical and interesting to watch. That's a hard combination!!Okay, the romance scenes are great too! Interaction with co-workers puts an interesting and exciting spin on the show. Can't wait for the new shows to air.... keep up the great work team!
  • One of my favourite show ever!!

This show is amazing, it's serious, it's funny, it's everything you want it to be!!! From the beggining, you fall for the character and you like them so much that it's annoying. My favorite character is Bones (of course) she's so intelligent with bones and so stupid with people: it's really hilarious and Buce is so the opposite and they are working so well and bad together at the same. I got to say this show is one of my favourite ever, you never get bored. I bought season 1 and 2 in dvd and I watch it like cd after cd, all evening, it really is AMAZING!!

A must watch for all!!!
  • About a great forensic anthropologist and her partner an fbi agent solving crimes of unidenified bodies.

Bones is awesome and not going down hill! I watch the episodes every night and i havent missed one yet!Bones and Booth are so cute together and they are an awesome team together!They inspired me to become a detective!It teaches me new things every day
    !I luv it!Booth and Brennan are great characters and i hope it never goes off the air!It helps me everyday!I have done great in school because of it!I can pronounce a bunch of new words now! IT makes me think of everday life and the people who need help but cant get it!Thats why it inspired me to become a detective or fbi agent!
  • Great mix of science, crime fighting, drama, and humor.

Bones is definitely one of my favorite shows currently on. It's much more interesting than any of the other CSI shows out there, with a much better cast and much better writing. It falters here and there, as any show does, but overall it's quite consistently good. The cases are interesting and keep you guessing... but how they work in the character interactions and relationships is what makes this an above average show. I think the writers are running out of ways to keep the B+B relationship interesting, which is unfortunate, but I understand how hard it must be to keep that going for 5 years. I'd say my biggest gripe with the show is when they try too hard to be edgy and over the top. They're just not good at that. The dream episode... Gormagon... Booth's "death"... his tumor... even things like Angela being bisexual (wtf? she dates a girl for a few weeks, and then she's back to men... uhh...) were all just attempts at being edgy that knocked them straight back on their asses. Edgy is great if you know how to do it... but Bones is better at sticking to the normal path.
  • Well, this episode was an alternate universe episode. Something I would usually find in a fanfiction...

Maybe that's where the writer's found this story line. I mean it would make sense considering people who write fanfiction can't really claim their work as their own without giving credit too FOX... All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happened. Now about the episode... I am undecided as to whether or not the episode was actually good... I really liked the referances to things that have happened in past episodes EX)Zack's going to prison/mental institution for something that wasn't his fault, but I am worried about what they are going to do about Booth's memory loss. I mean does he only not remember Brennan or is it the whole crew? Does he remember Parker (cause that would be HORRIBLE for a little boy and the FOX writers would be cruel to even consider it), or does he only not remember those who have worked at the lab? Or maybe he doesn't remember the last four years, meaning he would still remember Parker, Rebecca, Jared, Cam, and his family issues. This would make things a lot easier on the writers if they went this way. They are obviously going to take this the ENTIRE next season... meaning that Booth and Brennan won't get together FOR REAL for another entire year. Although, as much as it is killing me to say this, this is good. Think about it, as much as we want them to get together (Boy do we ever!!! I mean realistically they would have jumped each other four years ago when this whole sexual tension started!!!), if they actually got together we would probably only have about one season worth of material left.
    Now the question is, is Brennan going to help Booth get his memory back? Is Booth just going to get his memory back just from one random object or feeling triggering a flashback of somesort? Or are they going to have to start all over again?
    In a way starting all over again WOULD be good, because there wouldn't be this whole 'well, she's my partner bit'. We all know that Booth flirts with pretty much any woman he comes in contact with, and if it takes him a while to get back to work and Brennan is around, chances are he will make a move. With less hesitation. Hopefully. These are just speculations. Thank you to anyone who actually took the time to read this. I probably just ruined five minutes of your life.
    Sorry.
  • This show has a fast plot , good jokes and it learns us every thursday a little more about the human bones.

The show is about a forensic anthropologist , Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel ) and a FBI Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz).The plot starts spinning fast and the first episodes are a hit. Brennan just comes from a trip after a heavy divorce. But when a body is found somewhere Booth asks for Brennan's help. You notice quite fast that the relationship between Brennan and Booth is not to well. their previously case was Booth: Field and Brennan:Lab.Brennan wants more , she wants to go in the field. After some arguments and blackmailing brennan gets what she wants: Field and lab combined. After some time they get to respect each other and a warm friendship and partnership comes .. Or maybe more ?
  • Fantastic show. If there are no bones, no bones.

I love this show, with suspense, intrigue, action, and it's fun. I'm glad because I think it is the show with the longest season that there is nothing more and no fewer than 26 chapters, where the majority of shows no more than 24. I love to see come to final event of discovering the murderer. I also believe that the two principal actors, David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel are perfect for their roles, are complemented to perfection and that is very important for the plot of the show. I hope you have many more seasons of Bones, which are so great.
  • Bones is an amazing show. Science mixed with romance. This is definently the BEST show on T.V. It's original, funny, informative and just great. But as good as it is it is also very bloody so if you don't like blood this show isn't for you.

An amazing show. Each episode gets better and better. The characters go through a very detailed process of gory murders. They figure out what killed a person and catch the bad guy. But that's not why most people love this show it is mainly because of the romantic love/hate relationship between the two main characters Booth and Brennan. Science mixed with romance is genious. The cast a fantastic and makes it an enjoyable and fun experience. You leave your couch wanting more and longing for the next episode. If you like drama/comedy/romance shows this is the show for you. I can tell you that you will like it.
  • new fan

dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long dont know what took me so long ... i had to make word count...
  • it is a really special and unique show.

I love it. the truth is that a person with a weak stomach can't -or shouldn't watch it- but it think it is superb. the plot is always interesting, but i find the relationship between the heroes far more intrigueing. you get to watch them, booth, bone, angela, zack, everyone evolve and reveal their secrets to each other and to you as the viewer. i think this pretty much does the trick, the fact that these characters are convincing, but amazing at the same time. they have good and bad sides, they have weaknesses annd strengths. they are looking for truth and atonement.
  • Booth, FBI agent, and Brennan, forensic anthropologist, solve murders with the help of their fully-capable forensics team.

The cases (with a couple of exceptions, which is to be expected) have just been getting better and better. Each one is just as or more than unique than the last! I find myself getting excited by previews for upcoming episodes more than I ever was, for any other show.

The romantic aspect of the show, though, has left me sorely disappointed. The Booth and Brennan prospect has been drawn out too long with too many obstacles and frustrations. For the record, the idea is to frustrate the characters, not annoy the hell out of your audience. Eventually, you've got to stop teasing the cat and give it the mouse - or the cat starts scratching. I'm getting so tired of this; either make good on your hints and promises, or stop hinting and promising! It's enough to make even the most avid Bones fan go mad.

The actors and their respective roles are amazing. Each one plays their character so uniquely. I love watching them even when I don't like what's going on, because 99% of the time they're never doing anything out of character for the, well, character.

For those of you who are new to the show, my advice is this: absolutely, watch it! The cases are fascinating and the interactions between the squints are humorous and entertaining. But, if you're watching it in hopes of watching a romance in the mix: DON'T, because you're not going to see one. The romances on Bones are either trivial and not interesting, lengthy and problematic to the nth degree, or, most disappointingly, woefully nonexistent. When I'm choosing a show to watch for its investigative content, I choose Bones every time, but when I'm looking for something to make my heart flutter even a beat, Bones is at the very bottom of my list. Sure, Bones has its cute and sweet moments (and I can name my favorite ones, which episodes they were in, and what seasons those episodes belong to), but they are far outweighed and overshadowed by the disappointment of the Booth and Brennan relationship.
  • one of the best shows on fox

bones is a good show that involes drama,comdedy and is still able to bring the seriousness of what a detive show should be like. its a really good show on fox and i think its in its top 5 on fox. the show is difrent from the rest a girl that helps solve murders by telling from the bones. that is diffrent. and thats why i like it . and it has the comedy it it like between the people that help her and it has its serious parts with some of the people dieing in the show. i think that always are the things you need for a good sucess story.
  • Such a very very good show

Oh one of my favourite crime shows so great so sweet so funny, how many shows have casts with this must chemistry come on with always fresh dialogue and storylines i can see running for another five seasons, This show has it all romance for the girls action for the boys, and lovely friendships and continuing who done it's to kepp even agatha cristi fans on the toes, it's always great to see a show like this where it's not just unrealistic science with scientists appointing them selves detectives ( not mentioning any names... cough csi) but a show with real heart all i can say is i can't wait till the next episode.
  • Bones has just gotten better and better

Bones has just gotten better and better over the years that it's been on the air. The characters are well rounded and every one of them bring something new to the show that you don't see anywhere else.

Booth is the FBI-guy. Some say that he is a stereotypical jock, but he has a ton of layers to him and he is always revealing something new about himself and how he feels about his team. He is the alpha male and he takes his role very seriously.

Brennan is basically what any woman would want to be; intelligent, beautiful, successful. Although, she does not always (ever) get subtle nonverbal signals, or understand anything about pop culture. Whether she knows it or not, she has the love of a really good man. If anything is going to come of that only time, and the writers will tell.

The supporting cast is also amazing. Jack Hodgins with his slightly toned-done obsession with conspiracy theories, and of course excrement. Angela Montenegro, the artist who hates dead bodies, but is always searching for a person to connect with. Camille Saroyan, the boss who's a b**** (in a good way)and she cares about the job and the people who are doing that job. Who can forget Lance Sweets? He was a little bit bumbling at first, but he has found his stride and he is really just looking for a place to belong, aren't well all?

The show has grown and changed. Some familiar faces have left and new ones came in but the underlying story will always be the same. To me this show is not just about crime-solving, it's also about a family and watching it, you can see that they all care about each other even if they are not always nice about it!
  • This show about the forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance Brennan and special agent Seeley Booth has it all: crime solving, humor, drama, mystery, friendship, love, dynamic character development, anthropology, science, psychology, technology etc.

This show about the forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance Brennan and special agent Seeley Booth has it all: crime solving, humor, drama, mystery, friendship, love, dynamic character development, anthropology, science, psychology, technology etc. The cast consist of a bunch of great actors in the role of a variety of personalities. You get to appreciate and love every one of the characters once you get to know them. The incredible intelligent, amazingly beautiful yet socially awkward Dr. Brennan absolutely has stolen my heart despite of her disbelieve in anything psychological and her (slight) haughtiness towards her colleagues and her partner Booth. Booth, the ultimate hot good guy with the heart of a lion and a smile to die for. The incredible chemistry between the two main characters Brennan and Booth is in my opinion the main reason why this show is worth viewing. These two opposites make for a great successful and sexy team. Their relationship is intense, challenging, intimate, complicated, loving and still indefinable. Thorough 4 seasons this show has managed to keep the search for a definition interesting. For 4 seasons the viewers have been guessing what is becoming of this couple, and this question remains unanswered. Another aspect that I personally love is the continuous battle between opposites; anthropology vs. psychology, science vs. religion, rational logic vs. faith, brains vs. muscles… Viewing situations from different point of views makes the show believable and fascinating, dare I say it sometimes even is an eye opener. Top this with the surprising storylines, the interesting cases, the playful references to other shows and the excellent camerawork, you have yourself a show that comes as close to perfect as I imagine is possible.
  • A group of scientists solve crime with the help of the FBI.

When I first started watching this show, I was not too impressed with it. This feeling was fixed during season 2, and since then, it has been one of the best shows on television. As I grew more attached to all of the shows characters, I started to feel that the show was more than just a formulaic crime dramady. The relationships between the characters were both fun to watch and interesting, with the king of all will they-won't they situations going on between Booth and Bones. The series only gets a knock from me because it does not have enough consistent villains. It would be nice to see more serial killers that are not caught in a single episode. The times that the show dealt with the "Grave Digger" or the entire season that dealt with the Gormagon showed that it was more than capable of creating interesting villains. The show is excellent, but there is a bit of room for improvement at the top.
  • Overall Bones is a just a great show!!

I love this show!! The interation between the characters is always intresting and the cases that are cover have great twists in them. I'm sick of the same CSI and Law & Order shows. Bones is different and very intresting. It's great to see David Boreanaz again and he has great chemistry with female lead Emily Deschanel. Both characters are so different but fit together perfectly. They also have that great will they/won't they storyline going on as well. Booth and Brennan are officially the new Mulder and Scully. This show will be around for a long time. I can't wait for Wendesdays! :)
  • Yeah, I think Bones is awesome...

I love Temperance, I think it's awesome that she is so kick-butt. It's great. Seeley Booth of course rules too. I think they are such a great team together. Though I have yet to see Season 2, it hasn't sounded like the two are a couple yet. I think they would make a great couple. So much sexual tension there. Anyway, I find the cases interesting too. It's very cool that Tempe can give someone so much information about someone just off the bone remains. Oh and Angela's reconstruction of the face or body and what not with that technology is just fantastic. I would really recommend this show to others. Oh I forgot to mention gotta love how protective Booth is of Bones. I usually like to call her Temperance though. It's not a common name or it doesn't appear to be very common as I have not had a class with anyone by that name or met anyone. Anyway, the show is very good.
  • My fav police procedural show.

I think that the reason that I'd rather watch this one over CSI's is that I like the characters better. Temperance Brennan AKA Bones, is my favourite character, because of her skeptical nature and cleverness. She works with FBI special agenct Seeley Joseph Booth, who is in love with Bones, she returns the feelings but is to skeptical to realize it. Next we've got the guys who work in the Insititue, Angela, the one with the giant TV, Hodgins, the guy who examinates the aftifical remains, Sweets, the psycologist, and Cam, the flesh girl. And the interns, Daisy Wick, Wendell, Zack, Fisher, and more. The plots are getting more intresting and I'll follow it until it's cancelled.
  • A good show that keeps getting better.

Pat Charles writes really good scripts. The characters are written to be clever, thoughtful, and very entertaining. They get to go through a wide range of issues and emotions.

One reviewer thought Dr. Brennan should go. Hardly, she's a huge part of "Bones" (as in the title) and her character is extremely refreshing.

I suppose some people are threatened by anyone who has a very matter-of-fact approach to even sensitive issues. Brennan cuts right through all the nonsense which is wonderful.

Yes, the character can be a little insensitive at times but that makes sense for a very logical genius. A really nice addition to the story line is letting Brennan grow as a person as she learns to see issues from others' perspectives.

All the characters are great and the show has a wonderful cast. Some of the characters have been written out of the story who I wish hadn't been but the changes help keep the show fresh.
  • So glad we have such good show on tv.They are so few & far between.They took take American Idol off & I'd be happy.Bones is the best on tv,next is NCIS.

Thanks for such a good show like Bones.I never miss it.I even record it if,I can't be home when it comes on.So happy to have such a wonderful show on.There are a lot of really stupid shows on,like American Idol & so on.I like a show that takes my mind off my problems,& Bones does that.Wish they would take Ghost Whisperer off.Can't stand the actress.She's only selling sex.Bones is about Love,Life challenges,their work & mystery.Love everything about it.Just wish her & Booth would get together.They tease us all the time,making us think it's going to happen,but it never does.I love the bond between them.
  • My son who is 11 make a date every Thursday to watch Bones. When I am working I will even schedule my day off so that i am home.

As a family we spend every Thursday watching Bones together.There are not many shows on TV anymore that the entire family can enjoy and you should be proud that you have made one. The show is funny and heart felt. You want Booth and BOnes to get together so bad but then again you dont because you don't want the show to end. I love to read and have read a few of the "Bones" books. I would much rather watch the show with my favorite characters. Keep it up. It is a nice clean family show that has suspense, love and friendship. As for me and my house we will be watching Bones.
  • A charming and witty 21st century update of Moonlighting with much better casting and writers.

If you're ever a bit blue, just put on Bones. This is one of the few shows that rarely disappoints. The cast plays off one another very well and each episode seems fresh and not just a retread of a similar episode done by another show. Each episode is guaranteed to be full of jokes, but it never comes across as forced. The various love interests and couplings enhance the show, not put it down like happens in so many other series. The writers, while emphasizing the dark humor, have really done a wonderful job mastering the rather complicated personal lives of their characters without making them pathetic or whiny. Each character plays their role in such a way that compliments the rest of the cast. There seems to be true harmony with this cast and crew - meaning, to an outside observer, it seems they really like one another and enjoy the process of making this show.
    My only complaint (and the reason I couldn't give it a 10 was the handling of the departures of Brennan's original boss; and most importantly, the way they handled the Zack storyline. I don't want to give spoilers if you haven't seen it, but one of the most beloved characters departs in the most unbelievable way. I will say this though... I never cry in real life - much less over TV, but "The Pain in the Heart" made me cry and truly stunned me. My biggest disappointment was how the writers brought him back a season later, dropped a HUGE bombshell, and then never mentioned it again. To me, this was downright stupid.
    All in all, I think you'll love Bones. I think you'll love the occasional guest stars it brings over (like Family Guy's Stewie and the totally awesome Cyndi Lauper.) It's a show you can watch casually, or TiVO it and watch each week like it was some kind of religious experience. You'll get a lot out of it either way. My only piece of advice to Newbies is... do not eat while watching the show! The CSI's have nothing on Bones for pure gross out factor. If you adhere to that one rule, you'll find yourself falling in love with this little show. It's more than worth the time it takes to check it out. Here's hoping FOX stops screwing with the scheduling.
  • Did I mention I'm head over the heels in love with the show? ♥

Alors là! Bones is a pure wonder that I have the pleasure of watching every week (well, in two weeks from now since it seems to have a one week break *fangirl growls*).

"Solving murder takes chemistry", they say. "Having fans so loyal and so impatient to see what's next is the core of amazing shows", I reply. Bones really has it all, and although sometimes the bodies really can be gross, it's all sugared in the careness of the team, the bonds they share, the secrets they unveil together... even though sometimes said secrets don't regard victims' lives but their own.

Driven by the extraordinary duo formed by Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz, Bones is the kind of show that is procedural in the forensic "we need to solve that crime" manner, but also feels really like familly. The cast is great and share a comfortable chemistry on-screen so that we almost feel like we're part of it too. It's forensic, but it's not for highly intelligent people to understand, right? There is a touch of lightness that makes it all so good.

And when we get apart from the crimes and interested ourselves more closely to the main leads Bones/Booth, we can't help but feel confident in Seeley's Knight in Shiny FBI-Issued Armor attitude, or else feel tenderness at the pure innocence of Brennan towards the world. Not that she is naive. Or maybe a little, but those two are so opposites it is a sheer pleasure to see their abilities complete each other week after week.

You just need to add to this a rocking crew & writers and you have to this the receipt for the best (comedy?)-drama show I have the pleasure to watch in years...
  • One of the best shows ever. The group dynamic s amazing and highly funny

Bones has it all. Romance, drama, sadness, death and comedy all u can ask for in a crime drama. The "squints" as booth calls them are absolutely brillant as a whole the group fits perfectly 2geva but add their own individual qualities to the group. I've never watched a episode i didnt like, my favourite has to be the episode in which the show is reversed and bones and booth are married and the owners of a night-club called the lab. That was such a great way to explore other sides to the actors persona and re-visit ol characters. All in all whatever mood you are in, Bones is fun to watch at all times.
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14