Bones

FOX Premiered Sep 13, 2005 Returning September 25, 2014

layle1

Bones Fan Reviews page 27 of 30

• Fox produces another success which, without a doubt, they will cancel. A solid crime drama with good humour.

Fox has this uncanny ability to come up with good programming that they have no faith in. Bones is funny, dramatic, character driven and has continuity. Which, as I think everyone who has ever watched Fox knows, is the kiss of death to a good show.

It's quirky, it's good crime scene investigation, it's got solid background and characters. While each episode is self-contained, much like Law & Order, the details of the character carry from show to show. You learn that little bit more each episode. The characters are dynamic. Boyfriends change, situations evolve, and personal knowledge and experience is relevant.

Best of all, the crime solving is plausible. There's no leaps that make you wonder how they went from A to B, there's no convienently placed technology to make you roll your eyes and there's yet to be a dues ex machina to wrap up the show that was running complex and long.

It's a solid show, a great crime drama and has the watcher involved and caring.
  • Thought it was going to be just another crime drama show so didn't watch it at first. Boy was I wrong ... it's also funny and intelligent.

I do love crime dramas ... Law & Order (mostly Criminal Intent) and Wire in the Blood (on BBC America). It's intriquing so see how and why these people were killed and to see the murderer brought to justice.

What I really like is character development ... I mean, if you're going to watch these shows every week you should be able to understand who they are and what makes them tick. The main characters are very well drawn and you're constantly learning new things about them ... I like being surprised.

And I also appreciate humor ... something this show has. It's not often a show has all of these qualities ... if you haven't seen it, watch it.
  • Terrific Show!

This is a great show! It is probably one of the better shows on television right now. I love all the characters, in particular, the woman who plays Bones. What a great character she is plus she is based on a real true-to-life woman. She is smart, well genuis really, and she is a no-nonsense type woman, very refreshing after the stereotypical female characters we get on other shows. My favorite episode so far is the one where the woman addicted on plastic surgery is found dead. Bones takes the plastic surgeons to task over what they do for a living! Really great show - try it for yourself.
  • Interesting show, FOX will probably cancel it

I can’t remember why I tuned into the first episode of “Bones,” but I’m glad I did. Episodic, procedural dramas don’t usually appeal to me (I tend to prefer more serial-based shows), but I enjoyed the chemistry between the two leads and the quirkiness of the “squints” in the lab. The first few episodes were kind of slow, following the same formula in each, but the later episodes have deviated from that formula while still incorporating the same premise, and I’ve enjoyed those episodes much more. I think the best episode thus far was “The Man in the Fallout Shelter;” it was more about the characters and their histories (especially Brennan’s) than it was about solving the murder. I hope the show continues to focus more on the characters and starts to arc stories around them and doesn’t become another solve-a-murder-a-week show. I also hope it gets a chance to evolve and grow before FOX does what its prone to do and cancel all its good shows.
  • Bones is completly fresh, and is surprisingly one of the best new shows on TV!

I just recently got into watching Bones, and I'm quite amazed by how good this show is. Basically its CSI with a medical edge all of its own. David Boreanaz is fantastic, and Emily Deschanel is wonderful as well.

The stories are fun, and informative, and are filled with suspence. I have loved what I've seen so far, and hope that the show lasts long enough to become something truely special. Overall Bones is one of the best new shows to come out of 2005! Recommended
  • Just... watch to see for yourself.

It is really hard to say anything about the show. It is hard to describe characters: Special Agent Seely Booth, who is funny, clever, with dark past and current relations; dr Temperence Brennan, a forensic atropologist so not interest in a real world that her favourite phrasde mis "I don't know what you mean", Angela, a girl that still cannot comprehence the phenomena of death, Hodgins, crawled in the lab trying to escape his wealth and assistent Zack, trying to escape his too-much-loving family.
    They work together on death-cases when bodies are too decomposed for normal FBI technicians. Cases are strange, I tell you.
    But that really keeps that show together are relations between characters, mostly between Booth and bones, as he called dr Brennan. They are extremely funny, often in situations with different context for both of them. They play with each other, but they also respect each other.
    Humour is the power here, believe me.
  • This show has potential.

Granted -it is taking some time for Bones to find its footing. The episode "The Man in the SUV" -fell far from the mark of being entertaining; and, the character Temperance has left me rolling my eyes on several occasions. On the other hand, "The Man in the Fallout Shelter" was excellent. It was all there - the writing; the acting; characters I believed and got interested in. Something clicked and I became a fan after that episode.

Just when I start getting that warm fuzzy about cuddling up with my new Wednesday night TV buddy, here come those tell tale signs of cancellation -again....

Considering Fox's quick trigger finger for the cancel button, Bones may never get a chance to mature. If this does happen, I sincerely hope the producers will consider a direct marketing approach. I, for one, am sick of the garbage the networks are pushing as entertainment. Yes, I would pay to be able to make precision selections of what plays on my television. Especially considering that cable TV packages are really no better and potentially good shows are getting strangled in their infancy.

Apple’s got the frame work. Viva La Revolucion!
  • I am speaking of the show in general, not one particular episode. Last night we watched the episode about the prostitute killed by a jealous co-worker. It t had a few corny lines, but was funny and touching,both.

I am newto this site, but I was looking for a way to let somebody know how much my husband and I live "Bones".
    When the show first started I was bored and disappointed. But, as it has gone along and brought in more humor and brought out the characters of the back staff, I have become a fan.
    I have the most trouble relating to Temperance, and her wardrobe seems a little stylish for her personality.
    Zack and Angela are our favority parts of the show.Boreanaz seems to be slowly settling into the character, as he did "Angel".
    I hope the show is give a chance, as it has become one of our favorites.
    Just give us more Angela, please!!!
    Kathy
  • Was that Angel I just saw? Wearing a suit and badge?!

When I heard about this show coming to Sky Television I was pumped because it's a new area of acting for David Boreanaz, after the death of Angel I had waited patiently for quite some time to see Big Dave return to the screen and here he is.

The character between Angel and Booth aren't that different, also with the addition of the hot Emily Deschanel playing Brennan the sexual tension is practically there from the outset of the series.

After watching only a couple of episodes, I came to the realisation that Temperance is awesome at what she does. This new Mulder and Scully could be heavily successful given chance.

I shall keep looking out for this series.
  • With a blend of science, sexual tension and humour Bones is a refreshing change to this area of Television

This show follows the processes in which Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel) pieces together skeletal remains to figure out the causes of death. Brennan is working on loan to the FBI, "under the care"/supervision of Special Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz), to find the people responsible for those extra difficult crimes.

With a blend of science, sexual tension and humour Bones is a refreshing change to this area of Television.

The balance of Brennan's social ineptitude with all none PHD's, with Booth's down to earth approach, as well as chemistry between the two give this show a definate watchability which cant be denied.
  • Bones don't lie

I love this show. It shows us some very interesting perspectives on what bones can tell us. The cast works well together and play off each other with ease. The show I find is very informative and captivating. It takes forensics and puts a twist on it. The kurt personality of "bones" just adds the kick the show needs to make it a great watching series.
  • rly cool!!!

rly cool i like this show alot its cute,mysterious and keeps you on the edge of your seat i learn things i never knew before i dont know any but memory is the pattern in which the brain copys inside your brain ahha smart eh??? lmao so yeah in conclusion i love this show well like bout an 8/10 !
  • A show it wish was on every day!

This show is like better than the rest. I watch a lot of tv but this is one of the greatest! I would watch it even if they were just reruns all week before tuesday came around and there was a new episode! This show wil replace Angel (also David Boreanaz) as one of my faves! A "daily fix" would be helpful. This show is now on on wednesday?! What the hell?! these people do know they're gonna lose a lot of viewers because this show conflicts with Lost it is on the same time and the same day. Many people are going to forget about it and continue watching Lost. Bones will never escape my eyes though because i will tape that and watch Lost and because i will be watching the lost ep fire and water this week bones will be taped!
  • Temperance "Bones" Brennan a anthropological specialist assists in special cases for the FBI using intellect as well as instruments. Cutting sarcastic wit throughout dialog with a touch of sexual overtones at times tries to make this seem like everyday DC

I like the premise and some of the characters especially the supporting ones but what kind of indio girl is Bones. And the "I dont know what that means" is getting old by the end of the first show already.
    David Borreanis cant make up his mind if he is hot stuff or just a mild mannered crime fighter.
    I dont like how they have the "best friend " character always trying to get her the "hook up" and using sexual references. makes her seem shallow so that when an important part is supposed to be dramatic you have a hard time feeling empathy for her.
    Its interesting in the technology they implore on the show and the procedure stuff is cool.
    The playful sidekicks are always more enjoyable that the main character dialog.
    Maybe they should invite the guys from Urban myths and legends on to spice up the show a bit
  • This is one of the greatest shows to come along in a long time. There are all sorts of forensic shows out there now but this is the greatest.

I love the very dry sense of humor this show has. You actually learn something is you are at least watching it with one eye. Forensic anthropology is out there. I love their "gadgets" especially the 3-D screen they use to recreate bodies, Christmas trees, whatever comes to mind. I've been involved in medicine for 34 years and this is just one of the greatest shows on TV. I look forward to it with great anticipation every week...but why the time change?
  • no, litterally, its almost a classic crime drama, but as usual with a twist, almost as good as NUMB3RS actually

Bones is in a way, a classic; its a crime drama with a little twist, in this case, its essentially from a ferensics expert's point of view, which makes it original, but at the same time a classic.

The characters are, like in many of my favorite shows, unique from each other, and in most cases, they're pretty beleivable, and the stories are all different, never a dull case.

Getting back to the characters, Dr. Brennan, one of the lead characters, is in a way, strange in the sense that she seems dead on the inside in many episodes, but considering she works with dead bodies, wouldn't you be? She's also funny in some seens, but unintentionally. Booth, the agent, is a serious but witty character, not much different from the other roles David plays. Zack, the geeky assistant, is also a well written character, a genious kid and occasionally funny. Angela, the artist, is a unexpected character job wise; she draws the faces of the victims based on the bones, and also works the holographic imaging system, which is deffinately a nice touch. Hodgins, the... um, chemist? biologist? bug guy i guess, is well, a little wierd, and occasionally hard to follow, but never the less a good chracter.

Overall, Bones is a pretty good show, original and well written, but it has its flaws, which i can never really manage to point out though.
  • Geeky but in a good way.

I like the scientific parts. They remind me of the Scully exposition pieces on the X-Files. So far, the cases are okay but the character development is really good for a new show. Of course, I started watching because I used to watch Angel and was interested in seeing him in the sunlight. (ha-ha)
  • Good show that brings out the emagination. Hopefully will be around for awhile. Good acting from all the cast and great writing from the writers.

One of the best new shows on the air. Tue is my night to watch my shows and Bones and House are my favorites for that night. Cant stand the reality thing that is going on so this is great. Hope that it continues next year. I also say that you were going to change the night that it is on. How stupid is that, 9:00 on Wednesday night, across from Lost. You will lose, but it back on Tue at 8:00. Great show, dont screw it up by changing the time slot.
  • Great show, although the typical forensic pathologist isn't provided quite the same leeway, at least it is entertaining.

Please bring "BONES" back for another season. This show adds the personal relationship that really develops during this level of investigative effort. Dr. Brennan and Booth are bound to get together although I quickly see them reevaluating their situation. Can't wait to see where it goes, they seem to be a great match.

Please continue this show!
  • Wonderful Holiday Episode

I learned a lot about bones in this one. I hope FOX picks this up for a second season. They need to keep the same Tuesday primetime for next season when they announce them next year. I just downloaded it. It was great the second time around.Can't wait until next year for the new episode.
  • This is my new favorite show!

I love this show. I have been watching it religiously since the show started. This is a show about an over-analytical forensic anthropologist. The show is inspired by a real life anthropologist: Kathy Reichs. The main character, Temperence Brennan, tends to over-analyze almost everything. In the last episode she over-analyses Christmas and the act of gift giving. The show is perfect as is and pretty entertaining. This is one of my new must watch TV shows. The social ineptness of the characters really drives the show. That accompanied with Agent Seely's normalcy makes this show a good educational TV show.
  • A great Christmas Episode

Emotions from Bones! Finally! I was tired of seeing her as someone who had none and was so brash with everyone she meets. She actually broke down and cried. Another shocker was that \"Angel\" has a kid. (I can\'t remember his name.) I know some people want these two to hook up, but they don\'t match at all. All in all, a great Chrsitmas episode.
  • A show that should make the cut...It could or should even get better. I\'m a fan of dark humor and it has that... It is worth watching.

I will rank it a 8.5 for starts with hopes the writing will get even better. Love the dark humor that it has... I really feel if the writers get it down a bit better and maybe get a little darker with the plots and humor they should have a hit...I sure hope so. wolfin2004
  • A show about forensic anthropoligists and the FBI solving crimes.

This is an interesting show that puts a new spin on your basic crime show. Instead of the same old, same old, the characters use the bones of victims to solve the crimes. The show is great and well thought out. The characters are great, as are the storylines. I'd advise any crime show lover to watch this.
  • I really like the show but don't understand why they needed to change so much from the books!

I hadn't really heard of this show (being from England) and only looked at its TV.com page to see what 'Angel' was doing now.

When I saw that it was based on the character of Temperance Brennan from the books of Kathy Reichs i was very intrigued as I love the books.

It's a good show but why so many changes to the Tempe Brennan character and where she works. In the books Brennan has a daughter at University, in this she looks barely old enough to have graduated herself!

In the books she works as a forensic anthropologist for the both the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, State of North Carolina, and for the Laboratoire des Sciences Judiciaires et de Médecine Légale for the province of Quebec, but here she's shifted to an (imaginary?) museum in Washington. I can understand the need of the show to base it in one place but why not just pick one of the originals?

I do like the way Tempe writes books about a fictional character called Kathy Reichs though!

Despite these moans i really do like the show and will continue to watch it but seeing as it is on FOX i'm sure that just as it gets going and I get hooked, some idiot exec will decide to cancel it!
  • This is an absolutely amazing show! I would suggest it to anyone who watches CSI.

A great show based on Kathy Reichs books. It is about a forensic anthropologist named Temperance Brennan. She teams up with a F.B.I. agent named Seeley Booth. They flirt a lot and he calls her Bones even though she hates that nickname. Tempe enjoys shooting people, talking technically, working, working, working, and working. Her lab partner Angela is always trying to get her out of the laboratory to have some fun. Bones always ends up getting herself into trouble when she finally does get out of the lab. Temperances history is shady, both her parents disapeared when she was 15 and she was sent from one foster home to another. She has very poor social skills and that makes Booth very annoyed at times. A very, very good show!
  • The show is Great but David is a Hottie, i followed him from Angel. Make him look like a Hottie and not some nerd, you might as well give him glasses and a pen holder for his shirt.

7.9
    As i said in the above love the show, but please do something about David's wardrobe and the hair, come on guys the combover is way out there.
    Please, please make him a Hottie again and not some nerd. I have seen other FBI agents on other shows dressing in the latest styles. I watch the show but not nearly as much as i would if you guys would change his wardrobe. Please!!!!!
  • love love love the show

the best show i know so far love love love it he he
    you know what i loke the best is when bone took the skin off the hand and put it over hers just to take finger prints
    i love the first episode
    9.5 is my rating
    rite to ya later he he
  • This is an original concept for a show, but it is a bit boring at times.

Although an original concept, the show can get somewhat boring. The lead character, Temperance Brennan is very socially inept, despite being a genius and very good at what she does (she also has an odd and unusual name). She seems very cold and aloof and uses technical jargod, perhaps to hide from others behind her brains. Her co-workers seem to have become her friends, despite the fact that she seems to distance herself. This new show also has some high points. It is definately an original idea, different than other shows pertaining to law and science. The cases that are pursued are definately well thought out and researched. The cases are good, I did learn some things about forensic anthropology, but there definately needs to be work done to develop the characters. The lead needs to become a bit more likeable, and the others need development and storylines, instead of just followning the storyline of Dr. Brennan.
  • Unfortunately David Boreanaz picked a poor follow-up to Buffy and then Angel. His talent, personality, and most of all, his sex appeal is totally wasted in this often tedious and predictable series.

I cannot understand why someone would cast a totally unappealing female to play opposite Boreanaz, which is a pretty hard thing to do, considering that he has on-screen chemistry with just about any attractive female. I find Ms. Emily boring, flat, unappealing, and absolutely rediculous when she does those (Buffy inspired) martial arts moves. This lady is not of leading character material. I am hopeful that the writers will give up on the idea of these two main characters having a romance, as it would be ill conceived...and nauseating. Better that they have a friendly rivalry, which would at least be somewhat interesting, until the casting director can find someone to play Boreanaz's love interest. I can probably tolerate the show until the end of the season if that happens. David, put in a call to your agent....anything out there has to be better than this!! Patti105
WGNAMER