Bones

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 13, 2005 Returning September 25, 2014

layle1

Bones Fan Reviews page 3 of 30

• liked didn't

i didn't like this season ender. i think pelant won this round beacuse he was able to manipulate booth into doing what he wants. it would have been a nicer end to this season if they balanced it with a cliffhanger like angela was able to find out where pelant was hiding.
    what a pathetic final episode!! i would have preferred a life or death cliffhanger as to a morbid ending that illustrates evil triumphs over what has been evident since the very first episode. think i have viewed my final episode
  • Rethink

I think it was very wrong of you to not let Booth tell Brennan why he couldn't marry her right now - it took a lot for her to ask him and this will put a serious wedge between them and that is not what the public wants - they want them together (married) happy and having some fun as they use to. I love this show but don't like these twists. It is cruel when Brennan has had so much hurt - please rethink and let him tell her. The rating for this show is a 2 but normally would be much higher.
  • Unsteady cam.....

4.5
    What the FRACK is going on with your video cameras. My family has been watching Bones for several years now. But, tonight we saw the latest episode and the camera was really shaky, like a drunk was holding a cheap camcorder in his hand. Please fix your cameras or we will be forced to withdraw from the BONES fan club.

• Love It

I love Bones! One of my favorite things about Bones that keeps me coming back for more is that many times I can relate to the episode and to what is happening. Bones is inspiring and vigorating and it teaches us that no matter what life might throw our way that as long as you believe in yourself and have the support of loved ones you can achieve your goals and reach your full potential and that you can overcome any obstacle. Bones teaches us that no who we are or what we have become that we have the right to be loved and be respected.

Brennen is a genus but has issues with trusting people due to the fact that her parents disappeared when she was 15, Her brother Russle later left her and she ended up in foster care. Brennen has thru out the years built up a wall of protection so that she will not get hurt. with in the episodes of Bones we see how Brennens wall starts to crumble and she lets Booth into her life and heart.. She finds her mothers remains and starts looking into her murder, she gets a mysterious call which turns out to be her father, her father disguised as a priest is picked up by Booth and questioned. later after Brennen reunites with her brother Russle their father goes on the run again only this time he takes Russle with him. Booth again ends up getting his man and both Russle and Brennens father end up in prison over christmas. Booth takes Parker and buys a christmas tree giving Brennen what she so desires a christmas with her family and with a christmas tree. Brennen and Hodgens are buried alive by the grave digger.. Booth saves both Brennen and Hodges by figuring out where they are buried alive just in time. the grave digger is taken into custody and to court and is murdered by a sniper, which Booth turns out to know.

Hodgens and Angela finally tie the knot and after a 6 month lesance in Paris find out that Angela is expecting their first child. It turns out that one of the interns Zach is working with the grave digger and he is taken to a mental hospital. In walks Cam, a self renound forensic corner and she takes over the head spot at the jeffersonen which does not make Brennen happy, but in the end all is forgotten and Cam is accepted into the group.

Then there is Booth, oh what can we say about Booth, aside from the fact that he is HOT, I love the way David Borenaz plays the character, Booth is a good man who at first gets the wrong end of the stick.. He meets a girl falls in love they have a son together, he asks her to marry him and for some God forsaken reason she turns him down. He then falls for Bones, who in her own right seems to have problems that need to be addressed. He tells Bones that he loves her but once again he gets turned down. He then goes to Afghanastan to help the soldiers there and when he returns 6 months later he meets up with Bones as promised, they talk and he discloses to her that he has fallen in love with a girl named Hannah, Hannah shows up one day and they end up moving in with eachother. Bones later on admits to Booth that she loves him and gets her heart broken when Booth informs her that he loves Hannah and that he is staying with her.

Booth eventually gets up the nerve to ask Hannah to marry him, Hannah in a tearful scene says sorry but she is not the marrying kind, this breaks Booths heart understandably and he tells her to move out. He ends up and his and Bones favorite place to get their victory drink after each case. Bones shows up and informs Booth that Hannah had called her. You can feel the wrenching of his heart as he runs thru the scenerio of having his heart broken and he wonders what is wrong with him that no one wants what he has to offer.. All the long I am thinking my gosh are these women crazy? Booth is a catch that any woman would be proud to have.

later on Booth and Brennen have a talk and they both write a date down as to when they feel they will be ready to give their relationship a try. Tragedy stricks and one of the squints is murdered by a snipper which Booth knows all to well.. Brennen sleeps over Booths place and ends up crawling into bed with him, the next day she tells Angela all about it. Booth goes after the killer of Mr Nigel Murray

and once again thank godness Booth gets his man. Booth I feel is the backbone of the show, he helps Brennen stay level headed instead of looking at the world with blinders on, Brennen however does have her moments of victory when it comes to teaching Booth a lesson.

Angela has her baby and they name him Michael Stacato vincent.. at the end of this episode Brennen tells Booth she is pregnant after a dramatic delivery in a barn she has a girl and they name her Christina Angela. at the end of season 7 Brennen is framed for murder and has to run with Christine.. which breaks Booths heart again, but he knows it is the right thing.

at the start of season 8 we see Brennen and Christine, Brennen decides it is time to uncover the truth about Pelant and she digs up his couselor which he had killed many years ago. Booth meets up with Brennen and her dad and goes on the run with her. eventually Brennen is cleared and Pelant is arrested for the murder of his couselor and for Brennens friend. Pelant erases his identity and creates a new one and gets released into the hands of the egypten government. everything goes back to normal or so we think, Brennen and Booth have tention between them and they argue which at the end of the episode turns out to be ok.

Pelant returns to cause problems for Hodges by making him choose his money or to save a bunch of school girls, Hodges of course chooses the grils and him and Angela are now broke.

the crew go on solving murders here and murders there, one day Booths mother shows up and tells Booth she is getting married and wants him to give her away. mean while Booth and Brennen try to solve the murder of a stripper, while on their way to question a rival stripper of the decedent, Booth gets mistaken for being another stripper at a birthday party, this is only after Brennen explains that she stripped while in college when she wrote a paper on the subject, the women of the party manage to get Booths pants down which he quickly pulls up again. in the end a happy go lucky Booth walks his mother down the isle into the waiting arms of her piano player. Booth and Bones have their dance together.

Personally I feel robbed on their relationship as it just went from mourning Mr Nigel Murrays death to her being pregnant with nothing inbetween. hopefully sometime they do a back episode where everything is brought into prospective for us Bones fans.

I hope that Bones creaters keep bringing us this spectacular and moving program for many many years to come.. Thank you for making such a fantastic program which brightens my day and inspires me that my dreams are indeed reachable and for inspiring me to aim for the stars.

I love Bones and I will remain a loyal viewer for as long as it is on, which hopefully will be a long time, but please please Bones writers find a way to explain how it came about that they are finally together, also quit making Christine grow up so fast. i mean it was only a few episodes ago that she was a new born and now she is a toddler, and where is Michael Vincent? what about Russel and Jarad?

We all know that eventually Bones and Booth will tie the knot and this was even more displayed as it is Brennen who catches Booths Moms bouquet. But please don't rob us the satisfaction in knowing how all this came about.. plus I fear once they tie the knot Bones will most likely end, so hopefully before that all of our squint questions will be answered and we will finally see how Brennen and Booths relationship began..

Did I meantion how HOT Booth is? yeah I think I did but hey no one says I can not mention it again right.. well there is the review from about season 4 until now.. in the first 3 seasons we see how Brennen goes from not liking Booth, to tolerating him, to caring about him, but you can really see how much they grow to care about eachother as Booths and Brennens chemestry is remarkable.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to next season and the adventures there in.. Off to start watching from season 1 again.. ;)

• About the comments...

First of all: Im sorry for my bad gramma. Im not a native speaker, so please dont be mad about it.

I read a few comments about one of my favorite tv shows. Mainly the bad ones to understand why people dont like it. But the reasons I could find were all about one fact: its changing... the characters are growing in a way they dont like. I was sad about this point of view... For me, its exactly the reason why I love this show so much. The characters are developing in every season a little bit more. For me its really intresting to watch how they... well... grow up. They are no longer the brilliant science lady and the super charming FBI Agent, the bug-guy, the art and computer expert,... They are a familiy. They get married, they get kids, they have heartbreaks and they fight, they help each other, and a thousand more things. I think thats what a good tv show needs. Developing. It wouldnt work without it. You cannot stay the same in 8 great seasons.

But of cause its impossible to create a tv show that everybody loves. Taste is diffrent. And as I look at the rating of this show: There are more people who like the show :)

I hope it was not to hard to read...

Love,

a big fan from Bavaria, Germany
  • Really Rotten Writing

When we first watched Bones, my wife and I were hooked. Finally, an intelligent TV show with a charismatic, likeable cast. We liked the early shows, with the exception of the cannibal series, the gravedigger series, the girl-killer psycho-genius "Epts" series and the latest psycho computer genius series. Notice a trend?

About the third or fourth season, Brennan, a beautiful, smart, independent, confident and likeably egotistical woman became an idiot-savant. She now has taken up the dead English intern's habit of spouting irrelevant (and incorrect, nonsensical) factoids as if she were a person from Mars, not someone who grew up in America. Booth has this nerdy haircut and has gone from a competent, confident, smart and insightful, homespun American Boy FBI agent into a bumbling, confused wimp that is constantly trailed around by an intrusive, interfering nanny psychologist who has some superego theory about every nuance and mannerism that Booth and Bones exhibit. You need to lose him, or at least put him in his own comedy show. You could call it "The Meddlesom Psychologist". That would give your Bones writers an outlet for all their high school witticisms and moronic cliches without inflicting them on Bones viewers. I would be happy to train your writers and director on how to produce movies for adults, if you like. Lee Fellows,
  • What happened?!

Bones used to be my favourite show. A 'must watch'. However, after the writers' strike at the end of season 3 everything changed. Brennan went from being a logical slightly awkward character to one who has become an exaggerated caricature of her former self. I often wonder how the Brennan of 'Aliens in a Spaceship' would cope if placed in the same situation today. Or how the Brennan from Verdict in the Story would fare in the same courtroom setting.

It seems that getting rid of Zack meant that they were left with no truly socially awkward character. Rather than evolving from this and moving on they instead formed Brennan into a hybrid of the two. But there was a reason that Zack and Brennan were separate and distinct characters. I loved Zack and I loved Brennan but together they form an odd and highly unrealistic character that makes no sense within the context of the first 3 seasons of Bones.

That's not to say Bones isn't okay today, but it is just that. Okay. I remember the hype at the end of season four - 'no alcohol, no dream sequence, etc' - and it turned out to be just what we had been promised it wouldn't, a dream. Then fast forward to season 6, Booth and Brennan get together without any build up, she's just pregnant. That's not how to run a 'will they, won't they' story line, many fans want to see that first date, first kiss, the exciting moments at the beginning of a relationship. But we were robbed of that under the guise of it being 'better and more exciting for the show', it was not. It was a cop out.

I'm of the thought that the end of season four is the last possible point in which to put a will they won't they couple together before it becomes too ridiculous. Gilmore Girls did it with Luke and Lorelai, Castle recently did it with Castle and Beckett. It looked like Bones were going to do it but much like Rebecca mentioned to Brennan in season two they missed their moment. The show became ridiculous and ludicrous in the ways they used to separate the two. The addition of Hannah introduced the stereotypical 'third party' to a will they won't they couple. It was no longer the internal forces within themselves they had to fight to be together but an external third character. It was a cliche that I had once believed Bones would never resort to.

I understand that TV shows must evolve in order to continue but I feel that Bones' evolution has turned it into a completely different show. I no longer recognize the characters I used to love. There used to be an incredible balance of humour/drama in the show that added to every episode. Now there seems to be an emphasis on adding humour into all moments when not at all necessary which has affected the show for the worse. An evolution incorporating the greatness that the show once was would have made sense, the unnecessary attempts at comedy do not. Bones used to be full of subtle humour that made sense, for example the frozen pig in a woodchipper. Now it is over the top and nonsensical, Baby Christine being born into a manger as just one example of many.

I will always love the first 3/4 seasons of Bones. And I will continue to watch in the hope that it will return to how it was. But for right now I miss the show I used to love and I find myself irritated at what it has become.
  • chirris20j

alguien me podria decir los horarios de bones porfavor me urgen
  • great show

keep it up
  • bloody stones

3.5
    Is it me or has bones kind of went down hill. I like someone else said, that it was really uncalled for when Booth was being mean and yelling at that poor girl with her FOOT blown off. The whole filming the case was to the extreme of irritation. I did not like tonights show. The only part I liked was the romance between Caroline and the camera dude. I really like her character. She also was the only one that was funny in tonights show. I don't know what has happened to Bones but I don't like the change.
  • Blood on the stones

It was the worst episode I have ever seen. Who thought it would be a good idea to show an FBI agent denying a woman pain medication because he is GOD!

I was so angry when he told her "you'll get the pain meds when you tell me where he is" REALLY. And yes, of course I realize it is not real. But up to that episode, they always seemed to try to play it real. We have laws, he goes over, around, back doors if he thinks he must. So anyway that is why it made me angry. The show is better than that.

Ray
  • Bones

Love the show but want Zach back. Substitues just don't cut it and I find them boring or irritating. Is Sweets an attempt at the Zach replacement? If yes, I say no. Like him well enough but still think a critical support player is missing.

Thanks for the show.

Agree with Tara3211

• Love Bones!!!!

Keep up the great work! Bones is my favorite! Would like to see Zack come back and at least be released from prison for a murder he didn't commit! Hoping to see him next season!
  • Love This Show!

Although I've read the reviews on how S6 and on aren't as good, I'm still on Season 2. The show so far is amazing and the love between Booth and Bones will be inevitable. Good show! Thanks for renewing for Season 9!
  • Time to let go...

I really can't bring myself to watch Bones anymore.

This season the quality has been so poor it almost tarnishes value of the first 5 seasons (which were really good while 6 & 7 were OK).

Perhaps no one wants to admit it, but in the end Dechanel's pregnancy has killed the show because the Booth/Bones relationship since them getting together has been barely tolerable.

And the Pelant characters was the nail in the coffin. It started out well but they went way overboard. Time to let the show end. And hopefully, Hodgins gets his money back.
  • Had to stop watching it

2.5
    I used to love this show. While they had something funny going on between them they used to solve curious murders/mysteries and I would look forward to see how the case would turn out. Brennan was a straight logical person and an atheist and Booth an agent with good instincts and religious belief. The contrast between these main characters would give the message that the society did not consist only of "religiously" believers and that both characters were equally good and beneficial to society as long as they respected each other. The victims would be found in various conditions (with flesh, just bone, mummified, burned

But now ... The murder cases are secondary issues in the show. Their "own issues" going on are the primary topic. In the last season almost in every episode they have been focusing on cheap attraction methods like belief, nationalism, humanitarian activities etc. almost like they were trying to invest in the viewers' personal political view rather than to add variety to the show. Brennan is now irrationally rational and tend to take her rationality to a point of stupidity. Being an atheist has also been questionable since she has been seeing things that science cannot explain (I am an atheist and I hated that episode) No matter the environmental or weather conditions, the corpses are now constantly found in a gooey and disgusting condition .. and the disgusting accidents with the corpses blowing, splasshing in peoples faces tend to happen almost every episode...

I just feel sorry... it was a marvellous show. It was, because it feels like the show has died and they are forcing it to live a little longer by battery power. Please don't do it. Give it a descent ending and let us remember its glorious times.
  • THE FRIEND IN NEED

The show never disappoints me. Gross and gorie! Bring it on. My husband thinks I'm crazy to watch the grossness even though most of the time we're eating dinner. I love it. And the brilliance of Bones and the entire cast and the chemistry between them shows great writing and story-telling. Keep up the good work.

SC from Texas
  • Mom was a disappointment

I love this show, and wouldn't miss an episode. I was however disappointed at the casting for Bones mother in "a shot in the dark". There was no warmth or chemistry between between the two women.
  • The Writers are obviously brilliant

First and foremost, I want to say to Fox thank you for allowing a family friendly, fun, and entertaining show as "Bones" to stay on . Next, has anyone every stopped to think about where does all the knowledge for each episoded come from? I mean think about it. I understand they are modeling the show off some anthropologist but in order to maintain all the desriptive materially as far as the biology, science experiments and different details case to case from soil, bugs, computer technology and bones, the knowledge the writers put into each script is pure genious. And the fact that the actors obviously must memorize this materially is awesome on their part. I mean Hodges and his 1000's of bugs, the brilliance shown by Angela in her computer programs, the expertise from Brennan and the details given with the bones, and the psychology knowledge of Sweets. Its like watching college classes all wrapped into one. The knowledge of these scripts just do not pop out of no where. The writers must either know this knowledge or spend hours and hours researching for eash episode. I wonder if anyone else thinks about that? I want to personally give a bow and applause to all those involved in putting together the information given for each episode and say "Thank you", in case no one else has.
  • Positive Role models

I have been watching bones since the very first season and I have to say this show is not only very enjoyable but serves as a positive role model for all younger girls out there! Bones coming from a convict family who abandoned her has really made an image to herself and lives by a strong sense of ethics and morals. I look foward to viewing future seasons!
  • Ten seasons minimum please

Phenomenal show, seems to get stronger as the seasons go on, the cast have grown so well together, the storylines are still interesting and I would like to see it continue.
  • Bones shall never die!!!!!!!!

I have been watching Bones when it first aired and i been in love with it sense... And Seeley and me have a lot in common because my dad walk out on me and doesn't care about me anymore. I want Bones to go forever and i want a chance to be on one of the shows
  • A little gross beginning

This episode really grossed me out. But still a great episode, I really love the idea of both Brennan and the team going back to the root of archealogy. Demostrating an interracial family from 25,000 years ago was really cool thing.
  • Classsssssssssss all the way

Bones is the best ever just love it great cast never change it EVER ;-)
  • A Grade Cast!

This Show Started A 5.5 and Today is at 9.5. Excellent Cast of Personnel . Enjoyed , The Episode Where All The Interns Worked Together with the regular cast to find out a true Hero had died on September 11th of 2001 , On The Attack Of The Pentagon! My Congrats to All (Fox is My Network) :)
  • needs to get better

I really loved the show but now I feel that brennan and booth are like an old married couple,I feel like the producers really rush the things in the way of the baby,after 6 season all the fans were glad that they finally come together but why bring the baby,they should have developed the relationship between them as a copule before bringing christine to the picture bc I see that just like and excuse to get them together.

like where is the sexual tension they used to have during the whole series.

I really hoped they can work out that bc like other comments said they are running out of plot.
  • When Does it End

I loved this show for a very long time, and we all were crying out for Bones to finally say, sure Booth lets be in an amazing relationship. But I feel as if this show just keeps dragging on. There really is no reason to continue this because no matter how much we love the cast and the characters when there is no more plot, there is no more reason to continue the show. Just let it stop while its ahead and not make one of the best tv shows become the worst.
  • her sister is cute and it's way better than garbage REALITY TV which blows!!!!!!!!!!!

since the networks and cable channels have decided to go cheap on us and make 99 percent REALITY TV shows, wrestling (on sci-fi!!) and are always cancelling great shows... i have cancelled my cable and no longer watch any tv... i download all my shows i like off the internet and have started watching alot of bbc shows from england. I'll not sit in front of the box and watch crap in the evenings after working all day. I want quality or nothing at all from the networks / cable channels. I SUGGEST WE ALL BOYCOTT THE TV for one week each month until the REALITY CRAP is taken off the air. That crap causes brain damage... it's totally unacceptable. No one is stupid enough to enjoy that crap except some inbred bigfoot half-breed. They want to produce the cheapest crap possible and still retain the ratings to get sponsors and advertising dollars. Don't give them the appearance of ratings by watching at all. Turn off you cable / sat and download... NO Commercials!!! and only watch what you want to watch when u want to watch it... been doing this for 4 years now and it's great. Only problem is, running out of shows to watch. Sci-Fi channel, now si-fi (junk now) sold out and became a cess-pool putting on fantasy and wrestling crap... was once the best channel on cable... anyways,

boycott cable / networks and download from internet...

watch ur shows without commercials or interuption...

hope the networks realize they're loosing their loyal viewers because we're NOT dumbing down and

we HATE reality TV crap...

screw u a-holes... you're idiots and you're gonna kill ur networks/channels if you keep on this way
  • unbelievable...

this show is unbelievable. with its stories based on real events and the detail and research that has gone into the medical/criminal side of this show, it is NOT one to miss. this show not only deals with crimminal issues but deals with the lives of those who investigate these crimes and the problems they go through whilst doing their job. apart from all that it also has romantic tension in abundance -- it will have viewers gripping the edge of their seat yelling for the main characters to realise their love and attraction of each other! Bones is a new drama that brings meaning back to crime television!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10