Thursday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 13, 2005 In Season

Bones Fan Reviews page 4 of 33

• Bones' Bad Writing, Producing, Etc.

The First few episodes are definitely the best, aside from the fact that the "creative" minds behind the show decided to stall the romance between Booth and Brenan until they had no choice but to make them love partners and expectant parents practically overnight at the end of season 6 after the female lead becomes pregnant in real life. The fact that fans of the show still talk about this huge letdown is a good indicator that the audience become disenchanted and the show lost a good part of its audience, including me.
  • Stalled Evolution

Used to love this show so much, but the refusal of the writers to let Brennan's character evolve in any way is really frustrating. Every other character on the show has grown in some way, but no matter the life changing situation she stays the same. She has definitely become my least favorite and most predictable character.

It used to annoy me that we were expected to believe a character with seemingly no imagination could be responsible for writing best selling novels... But I got over that.

The only other gripes I have are that they seem to also have forgotten that Brennan was paying Angela to supply the sex scenes for her books. (Something that would really come in handy since Hodgins lost his Also that they threw a perfectly good opurtunity to have Zack guest star when we met his mentally challenged brother.
  • season 9 is off

I started watching bones on season 9 is they killed off the his no suspense left in it.

Was so much better when bones and booth wasnt together.

• Bones series in general

I find Emily Deschanel's character much more annoying than when the show dbuted. Lately she seems to be bending backwards to be as irritating as possible. I know Eric Millegan and Jonathan Adams are long gone but sometimes I wish they could bring their characters back at least every now and then.

When they replaced Dr. Goodman with Dr. Saroyan, in my opinion, they made a major mistake. I like Ms. Taylor but her character is dry and really doesn't bring anything to the show. Replacing Zack Addy with Dr. Sweets was a bit sad, but in the beginning John Francis Daley (Dr. Sweets) was fun to watch, he isn't as much fun anymore, it's a shame, his character at least brought a laugh to the show at one time.

I actually like how Angela Montenegro grew in the show. I like Michaela Conlin's character much more now. As for Dr. Hodgins, he's still great, not much change, still likeable and fun to watch. The same can be said for David Boreanaz's character, he's enjoyable to watch and not much changed, except he seems to have forgotten he has a son, which bothers me a bit.

I still watch the show, but I don't look forward to it as I did in the past.

• Love Lab Movie

Would love to see the Andrew/Caroline love story come back. That episode is one of my favorite ones because of the story. Caroline is a GREAT character and deserves happiness!
  • Bones

Well im so disappointed that i waited 6 seasons to see bones and booth get together and it was defintly the biggest let down i have ever experienced. We have to just assume they got together and next episode she is pregnant. Unbeleivable no romance nothing, Biggest let down ever, wont watch it anymore i couldnt beleive it , cant watch it any further biggest disappointment Ever!!!!!!
  • Fantastic Show

I love Bones, it is comedy, drama, romance, mystery, and thriller all rolled up in one fantastic show. I hope it last 20+ years. If something as offensive as the Simpsons could last that long then Bones should have no trouble last at least another five years.

• Great!!

I LOVE Bones and don't have access to cable all the time. So makes it easier allot easier to count on.
  • Offensively Stupid

No thanks to Netflix, one of my teenagers has had this show streaming in the background constantly for the last several weeks. I suppose it's no accident that it airs on Fox - the show is clearly designed for the not-very-bright segment of Murdoch's media empire, with medical language ripped straight from Wikipedia and plot lines stolen from Gray's Anatomy's already foul-smelling trash bin.

"Oh, he broke his one of his metatarsal

"Yes, you mean one of the long bones in his

Because in real life, medical personnel are always explaining to themselves just what their fellow doctors just said.

The cast is uniformly shopping mall pretty. The writing doesn't help them, but these guys seem so proud of their ability to photograph well that they sort of forgot anything having to do with believable human behavior. When this show finally goes belly-up, the intellectual and artistic average of television will get a big bump up.
  • Moving to Friday's?

Moving to Friday's is another sign the show is dying. Every show I've seen move to Friday's has been cancelled the next year. Sad too, this is one of my favorite shows.
  • Bones Bug Baby Daddy

This episode was disgusting. I can't believe the writers would be this sick to have Hodgins birth an insect through his neck. I may never watch again!!

Last night I watched my final episode of Bones. I am not squeamish over the usual forensic content but Monday November 11s episode was both revolting and ridiculous.

Over the years my favorite character has been Jack Hodgins because of his quirky conspiracy theories, over the top experiments and overwhelming enthusiasm for his insects. Now when I see him all I feel is disgust. He should sue the writer of that episode,

No more Bones for me.

• Favorite show of all time

Not only do I love Bones because of the story lines and characters, but it is one of the few shows that actually move along in a reasonable way. Too many shows get stale, characters who never progress, but they have found a way for the characters to grow without ruining the show.
  • watch the kill again

He shot him at close range straight through the neck.
  • Sad to watch show die.

Agree with fan 'Writerpatrick" review.

Last nights episode left me wondering if the writers have been killed.

• He isn't really dead, but the show is.

What I saw wasn't Pelant getting shot and killed, what I saw was Pelant getting shot in a bulletproof vest and pretending to die. There was also a suspicious lack of blood. The whole thing looked just too staged. Pelant was expecting Booth to shoot him so he would have prepeared.

And Booth didn't confirm his kill. As an officer he should have checked to make sure Pelant was dead. Instead he just walks away leaving Pelant to get up and leave.

The writing of this show has gone in the dump. It use to be a good show but it's so bad now that it's just not worth watching. And it's ruining the time slot for Almost Human.

And now they're suggesting that there could be a female Pelant-type character out there. We don't need more serial killers.

It's also nice to know that the US leaves all it's old power plants just sitting around unattended for any terrorist to walk in and use as they please.
  • Disappointing Opener

I feel bad for Cam, I'm sure Palant is behind it, but it was kind of a snoozer for a season opener. I was expecting a little more excitement.
  • Pelant is evil

I will have a very hard time watching this season (9) of Bones. I feel so violated whenever I know Pelant will be part of the show... which now that he can hack into anything electronic. He is so evil and I will be very leery of watching any show until he is dead and gone... we need another 'grave digger killing'...

• Bones S09E01 Recap

Our full recap can be found at 2013/09/bones-9-01-recap-secrets-proposal/

So glad Bones is back!
  • Boney words

Was sad you took God's name in this had been a Muslim slur against Mohammed it would have been stricken from the lines and never aired!
  • They're back!!!!

Off to a good start, although the Pellant story has dragged for too wait for the wedding episode!!!
  • pelant i have had enough

end the whole pelant business its way over done its ruining the just back to the crime solving
  • blaspheme

Why do you feel it necessary to take one of my favorite shows and spoil it by using the language of blasphemy against God? Do you feel you have to prove something? I have always appreciated the crossplay of the question of Boothe's faith against Brennan's struggle for faith. It was interesting and always well written, but this time you took it too far. This was offensive and I hope you don't do it again.
  • Blaspheme

Show was great, except for the blaspheme against God. I get that the bar tender was "mad" at God but I founded the comment that was made was offensive. I was appalled that the writers wrote that in - "calling God a "bastard". I found this to be offensive.
  • I'm pissed

Okay we all get that a little drama is needed, but what the writers have done to Bones is awful. How much more crap are you going to put her through. Why did that guy have to ruin her marriage to Booth? Can't she ever be happy? I'm not interested in watching season 9 with this story line. I understand that the writers may have a plan, but seriously hasn't Bones been put through enough??
  • Im Lost

On the end of Season 6 and the beginning of Season 7 is a huge cap or i skip some of the episodes. It end with them still frends and start with them in love and pregnant? When did the romanse start with them?
  • Does anyone know Bones's mother Ruth Keenan actor who this is?

Brenan second quarter of the last episode to see her mother gave her mother saw her video inside super nice!!

do not feel it?

Bones Seasons 1-8
  • Why season 7 and 8 do not have a happy ending?

I am fan for happy endings, so I am worried about Pelant, he is so repulsive... :(

It 's so sad that Bones had to go, and left Booth alone..

All I want is happy season 9, please... We all want season 9 as soon as possible.

Greeteng from Serbia :)
  • Where is the sizzle?

I too have watched Bones since the very first episode and have noticed a difference in the writing through the years. The biggest disappointment was waiting for years for them to put Booth and Bones together. When they did it was just mentioned not shown! We went through Booth with different love interests then such a major let down when it came to Bones. Not asking for x-rated but they could have done it classy and sensual.
  • Best show I've ever seen!

Love it! Do not miss a single series!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10