Bones

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 13, 2005 Returning March 26th, 2015

layle1

Bones Fan Reviews page 5 of 32

• Blood on the stones

It was the worst episode I have ever seen. Who thought it would be a good idea to show an FBI agent denying a woman pain medication because he is GOD!

I was so angry when he told her "you'll get the pain meds when you tell me where he is" REALLY. And yes, of course I realize it is not real. But up to that episode, they always seemed to try to play it real. We have laws, he goes over, around, back doors if he thinks he must. So anyway that is why it made me angry. The show is better than that.

Ray
  • Bones

Love the show but want Zach back. Substitues just don't cut it and I find them boring or irritating. Is Sweets an attempt at the Zach replacement? If yes, I say no. Like him well enough but still think a critical support player is missing.

Thanks for the show.

Agree with Tara3211

• Love Bones!!!!

Keep up the great work! Bones is my favorite! Would like to see Zack come back and at least be released from prison for a murder he didn't commit! Hoping to see him next season!
  • Love This Show!

Although I've read the reviews on how S6 and on aren't as good, I'm still on Season 2. The show so far is amazing and the love between Booth and Bones will be inevitable. Good show! Thanks for renewing for Season 9!
  • Time to let go...

I really can't bring myself to watch Bones anymore.

This season the quality has been so poor it almost tarnishes value of the first 5 seasons (which were really good while 6 & 7 were OK).

Perhaps no one wants to admit it, but in the end Dechanel's pregnancy has killed the show because the Booth/Bones relationship since them getting together has been barely tolerable.

And the Pelant characters was the nail in the coffin. It started out well but they went way overboard. Time to let the show end. And hopefully, Hodgins gets his money back.
  • Had to stop watching it

2.5
    I used to love this show. While they had something funny going on between them they used to solve curious murders/mysteries and I would look forward to see how the case would turn out. Brennan was a straight logical person and an atheist and Booth an agent with good instincts and religious belief. The contrast between these main characters would give the message that the society did not consist only of "religiously" believers and that both characters were equally good and beneficial to society as long as they respected each other. The victims would be found in various conditions (with flesh, just bone, mummified, burned

But now ... The murder cases are secondary issues in the show. Their "own issues" going on are the primary topic. In the last season almost in every episode they have been focusing on cheap attraction methods like belief, nationalism, humanitarian activities etc. almost like they were trying to invest in the viewers' personal political view rather than to add variety to the show. Brennan is now irrationally rational and tend to take her rationality to a point of stupidity. Being an atheist has also been questionable since she has been seeing things that science cannot explain (I am an atheist and I hated that episode) No matter the environmental or weather conditions, the corpses are now constantly found in a gooey and disgusting condition .. and the disgusting accidents with the corpses blowing, splasshing in peoples faces tend to happen almost every episode...

I just feel sorry... it was a marvellous show. It was, because it feels like the show has died and they are forcing it to live a little longer by battery power. Please don't do it. Give it a descent ending and let us remember its glorious times.
  • THE FRIEND IN NEED

The show never disappoints me. Gross and gorie! Bring it on. My husband thinks I'm crazy to watch the grossness even though most of the time we're eating dinner. I love it. And the brilliance of Bones and the entire cast and the chemistry between them shows great writing and story-telling. Keep up the good work.

SC from Texas
  • Mom was a disappointment

I love this show, and wouldn't miss an episode. I was however disappointed at the casting for Bones mother in "a shot in the dark". There was no warmth or chemistry between between the two women.
  • The Writers are obviously brilliant

First and foremost, I want to say to Fox thank you for allowing a family friendly, fun, and entertaining show as "Bones" to stay on . Next, has anyone every stopped to think about where does all the knowledge for each episoded come from? I mean think about it. I understand they are modeling the show off some anthropologist but in order to maintain all the desriptive materially as far as the biology, science experiments and different details case to case from soil, bugs, computer technology and bones, the knowledge the writers put into each script is pure genious. And the fact that the actors obviously must memorize this materially is awesome on their part. I mean Hodges and his 1000's of bugs, the brilliance shown by Angela in her computer programs, the expertise from Brennan and the details given with the bones, and the psychology knowledge of Sweets. Its like watching college classes all wrapped into one. The knowledge of these scripts just do not pop out of no where. The writers must either know this knowledge or spend hours and hours researching for eash episode. I wonder if anyone else thinks about that? I want to personally give a bow and applause to all those involved in putting together the information given for each episode and say "Thank you", in case no one else has.
  • Positive Role models

I have been watching bones since the very first season and I have to say this show is not only very enjoyable but serves as a positive role model for all younger girls out there! Bones coming from a convict family who abandoned her has really made an image to herself and lives by a strong sense of ethics and morals. I look foward to viewing future seasons!
  • Ten seasons minimum please

Phenomenal show, seems to get stronger as the seasons go on, the cast have grown so well together, the storylines are still interesting and I would like to see it continue.
  • Bones shall never die!!!!!!!!

I have been watching Bones when it first aired and i been in love with it sense... And Seeley and me have a lot in common because my dad walk out on me and doesn't care about me anymore. I want Bones to go forever and i want a chance to be on one of the shows
  • A little gross beginning

This episode really grossed me out. But still a great episode, I really love the idea of both Brennan and the team going back to the root of archealogy. Demostrating an interracial family from 25,000 years ago was really cool thing.
  • Classsssssssssss all the way

Bones is the best ever just love it great cast never change it EVER ;-)
  • A Grade Cast!

This Show Started A 5.5 and Today is at 9.5. Excellent Cast of Personnel . Enjoyed , The Episode Where All The Interns Worked Together with the regular cast to find out a true Hero had died on September 11th of 2001 , On The Attack Of The Pentagon! My Congrats to All (Fox is My Network) :)
  • needs to get better

I really loved the show but now I feel that brennan and booth are like an old married couple,I feel like the producers really rush the things in the way of the baby,after 6 season all the fans were glad that they finally come together but why bring the baby,they should have developed the relationship between them as a copule before bringing christine to the picture bc I see that just like and excuse to get them together.

like where is the sexual tension they used to have during the whole series.

I really hoped they can work out that bc like other comments said they are running out of plot.
  • When Does it End

I loved this show for a very long time, and we all were crying out for Bones to finally say, sure Booth lets be in an amazing relationship. But I feel as if this show just keeps dragging on. There really is no reason to continue this because no matter how much we love the cast and the characters when there is no more plot, there is no more reason to continue the show. Just let it stop while its ahead and not make one of the best tv shows become the worst.
  • her sister is cute and it's way better than garbage REALITY TV which blows!!!!!!!!!!!

since the networks and cable channels have decided to go cheap on us and make 99 percent REALITY TV shows, wrestling (on sci-fi!!) and are always cancelling great shows... i have cancelled my cable and no longer watch any tv... i download all my shows i like off the internet and have started watching alot of bbc shows from england. I'll not sit in front of the box and watch crap in the evenings after working all day. I want quality or nothing at all from the networks / cable channels. I SUGGEST WE ALL BOYCOTT THE TV for one week each month until the REALITY CRAP is taken off the air. That crap causes brain damage... it's totally unacceptable. No one is stupid enough to enjoy that crap except some inbred bigfoot half-breed. They want to produce the cheapest crap possible and still retain the ratings to get sponsors and advertising dollars. Don't give them the appearance of ratings by watching at all. Turn off you cable / sat and download... NO Commercials!!! and only watch what you want to watch when u want to watch it... been doing this for 4 years now and it's great. Only problem is, running out of shows to watch. Sci-Fi channel, now si-fi (junk now) sold out and became a cess-pool putting on fantasy and wrestling crap... was once the best channel on cable... anyways,

boycott cable / networks and download from internet...

watch ur shows without commercials or interuption...

hope the networks realize they're loosing their loyal viewers because we're NOT dumbing down and

we HATE reality TV crap...

screw u a-holes... you're idiots and you're gonna kill ur networks/channels if you keep on this way
  • unbelievable...

this show is unbelievable. with its stories based on real events and the detail and research that has gone into the medical/criminal side of this show, it is NOT one to miss. this show not only deals with crimminal issues but deals with the lives of those who investigate these crimes and the problems they go through whilst doing their job. apart from all that it also has romantic tension in abundance -- it will have viewers gripping the edge of their seat yelling for the main characters to realise their love and attraction of each other! Bones is a new drama that brings meaning back to crime television!
  • This was one of my favorite shows

Like Castle, This show WAS a nice combination of light people interaction and good mystery solving. This season it has morphed into a lousy soap opera combined with an attempt at comedy. Mystery solving has become the last priority. Deepening what were respectful relationships is a death knell to a mystery show.
  • ghost should have stayed dead

the first 149 episodes were good. I don't know which was worse, the writing of this episode or cyndi lauper. spending an hour looking up people noses is not fun. this was the first time i ever changed channels during your show
  • The Ghost Was a Dead Duck

Why do they do this. MASH started it and other Great shows copied it. It is hard to watch and the scripts are weak. If this is the best you can do, fire the writers and start again.

The commercials in the middle of the shows are getting ridiculous I get they pay the bills, and showing a product is one thing. But writing them into he script? Let's stop the Royal Diner and just eat at Subway. What's next, bathroom scenes plugging Charmain or tampons?
  • Keep the show, dtch the camera movement.

I love this show, but I could not watch the camera movement gave me a headache.
  • Product placement does not require an actual script in the middle of the show!!!!!

I love this show but am personally getting sick of all the TV and phone commercials written into the show that require additional script. The characters are awesome until for some reason there is a car that they have to try and sell me! Isn't there enough commercials interupting our TV content with out having to take time away from the episode. Now when you buy the seasons on DVD you still get to see the commercials. Excellent. Stop advertising in the middle of our shows. There is enough with just product placement. Thanks.
  • Bones episode on 12-3-12

I am guessing that the writers of Bones don't plan on having another season! This episode is we had to change the channel. What were they thinking?. I probably will not watch it again after the sappy season opener since this is the first time I have watched it since and it used to be one of my favorite shows.
  • Jumped the shark?

Once they had sex, a baby and moved in together they should have ended the show. It's become more like Criminal Minds and has lost that special something it had and is not all that interesting any longer.. If they are going to continue it's time to start shedding characters and bring in some new blood.
  • ALL THE FEELS OF BONES <3

Officially the BEST Show in the World. No Question. I've seen every episode multiple times and I love every one of them (to varying degrees). It has grown and changed and developed in a natural, beautiful way. There are scenes that make us nauseous, scenes that make us cry, keel over in delight, say Awwweeee.... exactly like Bren and Angela did in Man in the Wall, bite off our fingernails in suspense, go into fits of giggles, or just plain die (from all the feels). But no matter what, we still LOVE it, and all the cast, crew, and producers. #Bonehead forever. (@faith_brennan on twitter)
  • One of the best shows on TV!

I'm amazed how the chemistry of the characters continues to shine along with the excellent writing. After 8 years, this show is still a joy to watch.
  • A loyal Bones fan...

I love bones, and have watched every episode of every season many times. I love the cast, and the writing, but the last few episodes of season 8 hasnt lived up to all the previous episodes of all the other seasons. The story lines are getting a little boring in some ways and who would know that Bones and Booth are actually together, the seem like housemates, no a romantic couple. Dont get me worng, I am definitley not one for the X-rated scenes, but maybe showing a little more intimacy in their relationship would be nice!!

All said, I will continue to watch Bones til its dying day, which I hope is still later rather than sooner....

• How many times can this show "Jump the Shark"?

If you are unfamiliar with the phrase in the title - look it up.

This was a great show when it started. Well cast, well written and well played chemistry between B & B. Not without a few bumps in the road (mainly Zach as a murderer for a serial killer) this show sustained its tone, wit and smartly crafted character developments. But ever since the beginning of season six the show started to slip in focus and actually began to reverse character developments.

Brennan started the series as an extremely strong and rational personality type guided only by scientific hard facts in all aspects of her life. And over the first five seasons grew more personable and open to social ideas of friendship, kinship and love. But since the reunion of B & B in the sixth season opener the character seems to have been getting dumber about those social ideas. It's as if the last five years of her life experience never happened. What's more, aside from her role as a scientist she's not even the hard fact, rational personality that she once was. Her interactions with Booth are now childish.

Booth has also changed in the last few years from a steady, strong willed stoic FBI agent to an emotive, yet always loyal, grumpy, emotional pushover.

I could go on about all the other characters reversed growth but there's not enough space in this internet void...

I will say, however that I think the Sweets character is over utilized which lends heavily to the overly dramatized emotions flying around every plot line.

Also, the continued conservative agenda that is constantly pushed on viewers is really alienating a great portion of its viewership. I scoffed at the label of "Romney" on a digital map that aired in an episode before the election but I stopped watching with Hodgins declared that all the 9/11 conspiracies are not true. Not that I have a strong opinion of ANY conspiracy, but that any character who claims himself a scientist would declare a truth just because it is the patriotic thing to do is just going too far, one too many times.

SHAME ON THE SHOWRUNNER - SHAME ON FOX

I am forever done with this series.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10