Bones

FOX (ended 2017)

TesserT

Bones Fan Reviews page 5 of 34

• Miss the old Bones

Cant believe this show has been renewed for another season. Its actually embarrassing how bad it has become. Absolutely LOVED this show when i first started watching. It was entertaining and intelligent. Brennan was a bit irritating in the begining but in mad scientist, she doesnt know any better kind of way, now she is just plain stuck up and rude. Most of the time it really does seem as though she is going out of her way to rude. The show these days seems to focus less and less on the murders (which are becoming lamer by the week) and more on the characters relationships with each other.

Sad how a once amazing show has something that is painful to watch.
  • Temperance is the worst part of the show

0.0
    This show is horrendously irritating because Temperance is either really autistic ("aspie") or just a flat-out a-hole. She is arrogant, condescending, self-centered, demeaning, and completely anti-social. She does not understand metaphors, sarcasm, or social cues. She takes everything literally and constantly says utterly stupid things. These are all symptoms of Autism (specifically Asperger's syndrome), and if she had that, then it would make sense and could be tolerated. However, they don't say that she is like that (they just call her "eccentric"), so coming from a supposedly normal and functional person, her behavior just makes her a raging jerk. Further evidence of her likely Autism is that she seems to be an "idiot savant"; good at forensic anthropology and a few scientific things, but bad at everything else. I really don't know why they refuse to acknowledge what she really is.

I ignored it at the start of the show, but not only has it become more intense, but the fact that all of the other characters seem to be blind to her trashy attitude and act like she is just "quirky" and otherwise great makes them almost as bad as Brennan herself.

There have been a couple of episodes where they actually addressed her behavior, but they always just ignore it and let her go back to being garbage.

The only tolerable thing in the show now is Hodgins who is *actually* quirky and amusing, but that isn't going to be enough to justify continuing to watch this aggravating show.

• Bones' Bad Writing, Producing, Etc.

The First few episodes are definitely the best, aside from the fact that the "creative" minds behind the show decided to stall the romance between Booth and Brenan until they had no choice but to make them love partners and expectant parents practically overnight at the end of season 6 after the female lead becomes pregnant in real life. The fact that fans of the show still talk about this huge letdown is a good indicator that the audience become disenchanted and the show lost a good part of its audience, including me.
  • Stalled Evolution

Used to love this show so much, but the refusal of the writers to let Brennan's character evolve in any way is really frustrating. Every other character on the show has grown in some way, but no matter the life changing situation she stays the same. She has definitely become my least favorite and most predictable character.

It used to annoy me that we were expected to believe a character with seemingly no imagination could be responsible for writing best selling novels... But I got over that.

The only other gripes I have are that they seem to also have forgotten that Brennan was paying Angela to supply the sex scenes for her books. (Something that would really come in handy since Hodgins lost his Also that they threw a perfectly good opurtunity to have Zack guest star when we met his mentally challenged brother.
  • season 9 is off

I started watching bones on season 9 is they killed off the his no suspense left in it.

Was so much better when bones and booth wasnt together.

• Bones series in general

I find Emily Deschanel's character much more annoying than when the show dbuted. Lately she seems to be bending backwards to be as irritating as possible. I know Eric Millegan and Jonathan Adams are long gone but sometimes I wish they could bring their characters back at least every now and then.

When they replaced Dr. Goodman with Dr. Saroyan, in my opinion, they made a major mistake. I like Ms. Taylor but her character is dry and really doesn't bring anything to the show. Replacing Zack Addy with Dr. Sweets was a bit sad, but in the beginning John Francis Daley (Dr. Sweets) was fun to watch, he isn't as much fun anymore, it's a shame, his character at least brought a laugh to the show at one time.

I actually like how Angela Montenegro grew in the show. I like Michaela Conlin's character much more now. As for Dr. Hodgins, he's still great, not much change, still likeable and fun to watch. The same can be said for David Boreanaz's character, he's enjoyable to watch and not much changed, except he seems to have forgotten he has a son, which bothers me a bit.

I still watch the show, but I don't look forward to it as I did in the past.

• Love Lab Movie

Would love to see the Andrew/Caroline love story come back. That episode is one of my favorite ones because of the story. Caroline is a GREAT character and deserves happiness!
  • Bones

Well im so disappointed that i waited 6 seasons to see bones and booth get together and it was defintly the biggest let down i have ever experienced. We have to just assume they got together and next episode she is pregnant. Unbeleivable no romance nothing, Biggest let down ever, wont watch it anymore i couldnt beleive it , cant watch it any further biggest disappointment Ever!!!!!!
  • Fantastic Show

I love Bones, it is comedy, drama, romance, mystery, and thriller all rolled up in one fantastic show. I hope it last 20+ years. If something as offensive as the Simpsons could last that long then Bones should have no trouble last at least another five years.

• Great!!

I LOVE Bones and don't have access to cable all the time. So makes it easier allot easier to count on.
  • Offensively Stupid

1.5
    No thanks to Netflix, one of my teenagers has had this show streaming in the background constantly for the last several weeks. I suppose it's no accident that it airs on Fox - the show is clearly designed for the not-very-bright segment of Murdoch's media empire, with medical language ripped straight from Wikipedia and plot lines stolen from Gray's Anatomy's already foul-smelling trash bin.

"Oh, he broke his one of his metatarsal

"Yes, you mean one of the long bones in his

Because in real life, medical personnel are always explaining to themselves just what their fellow doctors just said.

The cast is uniformly shopping mall pretty. The writing doesn't help them, but these guys seem so proud of their ability to photograph well that they sort of forgot anything having to do with believable human behavior. When this show finally goes belly-up, the intellectual and artistic average of television will get a big bump up.
  • Moving to Friday's?

Moving to Friday's is another sign the show is dying. Every show I've seen move to Friday's has been cancelled the next year. Sad too, this is one of my favorite shows.
  • Bones Bug Baby Daddy

This episode was disgusting. I can't believe the writers would be this sick to have Hodgins birth an insect through his neck. I may never watch again!!
  • BONES BUG BABY DADDY

Last night I watched my final episode of Bones. I am not squeamish over the usual forensic content but Monday November 11s episode was both revolting and ridiculous.

Over the years my favorite character has been Jack Hodgins because of his quirky conspiracy theories, over the top experiments and overwhelming enthusiasm for his insects. Now when I see him all I feel is disgust. He should sue the writer of that episode,

No more Bones for me.

Diane
  • Favorite show of all time

Not only do I love Bones because of the story lines and characters, but it is one of the few shows that actually move along in a reasonable way. Too many shows get stale, characters who never progress, but they have found a way for the characters to grow without ruining the show.
  • watch the kill again

He shot him at close range straight through the neck.
  • Sad to watch show die.

1.5
    Agree with fan 'Writerpatrick" review.

Last nights episode left me wondering if the writers have been killed.

• Disappointing Opener

I feel bad for Cam, I'm sure Palant is behind it, but it was kind of a snoozer for a season opener. I was expecting a little more excitement.
  • Pelant is evil

I will have a very hard time watching this season (9) of Bones. I feel so violated whenever I know Pelant will be part of the show... which now that he can hack into anything electronic. He is so evil and I will be very leery of watching any show until he is dead and gone... we need another 'grave digger killing'...

• Bones S09E01 Recap

Our full recap can be found at 2013/09/bones-9-01-recap-secrets-proposal/

So glad Bones is back!
  • Boney words

Was sad you took God's name in this had been a Muslim slur against Mohammed it would have been stricken from the lines and never aired!
  • They're back!!!!

Off to a good start, although the Pellant story has dragged for too wait for the wedding episode!!!
  • pelant i have had enough

1.5
    end the whole pelant business its way over done its ruining the just back to the crime solving
  • blaspheme

Why do you feel it necessary to take one of my favorite shows and spoil it by using the language of blasphemy against God? Do you feel you have to prove something? I have always appreciated the crossplay of the question of Boothe's faith against Brennan's struggle for faith. It was interesting and always well written, but this time you took it too far. This was offensive and I hope you don't do it again.
  • Blaspheme

Show was great, except for the blaspheme against God. I get that the bar tender was "mad" at God but I founded the comment that was made was offensive. I was appalled that the writers wrote that in - "calling God a "bastard". I found this to be offensive.
  • I'm pissed

Okay we all get that a little drama is needed, but what the writers have done to Bones is awful. How much more crap are you going to put her through. Why did that guy have to ruin her marriage to Booth? Can't she ever be happy? I'm not interested in watching season 9 with this story line. I understand that the writers may have a plan, but seriously hasn't Bones been put through enough??
  • Im Lost

On the end of Season 6 and the beginning of Season 7 is a huge cap or i skip some of the episodes. It end with them still frends and start with them in love and pregnant? When did the romanse start with them?
  • Does anyone know Bones's mother Ruth Keenan actor who this is?

Brenan second quarter of the last episode to see her mother gave her mother saw her video inside super nice!!

do not feel it?

Bones Seasons 1-8
  • Why season 7 and 8 do not have a happy ending?

I am fan for happy endings, so I am worried about Pelant, he is so repulsive... :(

It 's so sad that Bones had to go, and left Booth alone..

All I want is happy season 9, please... We all want season 9 as soon as possible.

Greeteng from Serbia :)
  • Where is the sizzle?

I too have watched Bones since the very first episode and have noticed a difference in the writing through the years. The biggest disappointment was waiting for years for them to put Booth and Bones together. When they did it was just mentioned not shown! We went through Booth with different love interests then such a major let down when it came to Bones. Not asking for x-rated but they could have done it classy and sensual.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10