Bones

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 13, 2005 In Season

layle1

Bones Fan Reviews page 5 of 32

• Really Rotten Writing

When we first watched Bones, my wife and I were hooked. Finally, an intelligent TV show with a charismatic, likeable cast. We liked the early shows, with the exception of the cannibal series, the gravedigger series, the girl-killer psycho-genius "Epts" series and the latest psycho computer genius series. Notice a trend?

About the third or fourth season, Brennan, a beautiful, smart, independent, confident and likeably egotistical woman became an idiot-savant. She now has taken up the dead English intern's habit of spouting irrelevant (and incorrect, nonsensical) factoids as if she were a person from Mars, not someone who grew up in America. Booth has this nerdy haircut and has gone from a competent, confident, smart and insightful, homespun American Boy FBI agent into a bumbling, confused wimp that is constantly trailed around by an intrusive, interfering nanny psychologist who has some superego theory about every nuance and mannerism that Booth and Bones exhibit. You need to lose him, or at least put him in his own comedy show. You could call it "The Meddlesom Psychologist". That would give your Bones writers an outlet for all their high school witticisms and moronic cliches without inflicting them on Bones viewers. I would be happy to train your writers and director on how to produce movies for adults, if you like. Lee Fellows,
  • What happened?!

Bones used to be my favourite show. A 'must watch'. However, after the writers' strike at the end of season 3 everything changed. Brennan went from being a logical slightly awkward character to one who has become an exaggerated caricature of her former self. I often wonder how the Brennan of 'Aliens in a Spaceship' would cope if placed in the same situation today. Or how the Brennan from Verdict in the Story would fare in the same courtroom setting.

It seems that getting rid of Zack meant that they were left with no truly socially awkward character. Rather than evolving from this and moving on they instead formed Brennan into a hybrid of the two. But there was a reason that Zack and Brennan were separate and distinct characters. I loved Zack and I loved Brennan but together they form an odd and highly unrealistic character that makes no sense within the context of the first 3 seasons of Bones.

That's not to say Bones isn't okay today, but it is just that. Okay. I remember the hype at the end of season four - 'no alcohol, no dream sequence, etc' - and it turned out to be just what we had been promised it wouldn't, a dream. Then fast forward to season 6, Booth and Brennan get together without any build up, she's just pregnant. That's not how to run a 'will they, won't they' story line, many fans want to see that first date, first kiss, the exciting moments at the beginning of a relationship. But we were robbed of that under the guise of it being 'better and more exciting for the show', it was not. It was a cop out.

I'm of the thought that the end of season four is the last possible point in which to put a will they won't they couple together before it becomes too ridiculous. Gilmore Girls did it with Luke and Lorelai, Castle recently did it with Castle and Beckett. It looked like Bones were going to do it but much like Rebecca mentioned to Brennan in season two they missed their moment. The show became ridiculous and ludicrous in the ways they used to separate the two. The addition of Hannah introduced the stereotypical 'third party' to a will they won't they couple. It was no longer the internal forces within themselves they had to fight to be together but an external third character. It was a cliche that I had once believed Bones would never resort to.

I understand that TV shows must evolve in order to continue but I feel that Bones' evolution has turned it into a completely different show. I no longer recognize the characters I used to love. There used to be an incredible balance of humour/drama in the show that added to every episode. Now there seems to be an emphasis on adding humour into all moments when not at all necessary which has affected the show for the worse. An evolution incorporating the greatness that the show once was would have made sense, the unnecessary attempts at comedy do not. Bones used to be full of subtle humour that made sense, for example the frozen pig in a woodchipper. Now it is over the top and nonsensical, Baby Christine being born into a manger as just one example of many.

I will always love the first 3/4 seasons of Bones. And I will continue to watch in the hope that it will return to how it was. But for right now I miss the show I used to love and I find myself irritated at what it has become.
  • chirris20j

alguien me podria decir los horarios de bones porfavor me urgen
  • great show

keep it up
  • bloody stones

3.5
    Is it me or has bones kind of went down hill. I like someone else said, that it was really uncalled for when Booth was being mean and yelling at that poor girl with her FOOT blown off. The whole filming the case was to the extreme of irritation. I did not like tonights show. The only part I liked was the romance between Caroline and the camera dude. I really like her character. She also was the only one that was funny in tonights show. I don't know what has happened to Bones but I don't like the change.
  • Blood on the stones

It was the worst episode I have ever seen. Who thought it would be a good idea to show an FBI agent denying a woman pain medication because he is GOD!

I was so angry when he told her "you'll get the pain meds when you tell me where he is" REALLY. And yes, of course I realize it is not real. But up to that episode, they always seemed to try to play it real. We have laws, he goes over, around, back doors if he thinks he must. So anyway that is why it made me angry. The show is better than that.

Ray
  • Bones

Love the show but want Zach back. Substitues just don't cut it and I find them boring or irritating. Is Sweets an attempt at the Zach replacement? If yes, I say no. Like him well enough but still think a critical support player is missing.

Thanks for the show.

Agree with Tara3211

• Love Bones!!!!

Keep up the great work! Bones is my favorite! Would like to see Zack come back and at least be released from prison for a murder he didn't commit! Hoping to see him next season!
  • Love This Show!

Although I've read the reviews on how S6 and on aren't as good, I'm still on Season 2. The show so far is amazing and the love between Booth and Bones will be inevitable. Good show! Thanks for renewing for Season 9!
  • Time to let go...

I really can't bring myself to watch Bones anymore.

This season the quality has been so poor it almost tarnishes value of the first 5 seasons (which were really good while 6 & 7 were OK).

Perhaps no one wants to admit it, but in the end Dechanel's pregnancy has killed the show because the Booth/Bones relationship since them getting together has been barely tolerable.

And the Pelant characters was the nail in the coffin. It started out well but they went way overboard. Time to let the show end. And hopefully, Hodgins gets his money back.
  • Had to stop watching it

2.5
    I used to love this show. While they had something funny going on between them they used to solve curious murders/mysteries and I would look forward to see how the case would turn out. Brennan was a straight logical person and an atheist and Booth an agent with good instincts and religious belief. The contrast between these main characters would give the message that the society did not consist only of "religiously" believers and that both characters were equally good and beneficial to society as long as they respected each other. The victims would be found in various conditions (with flesh, just bone, mummified, burned

But now ... The murder cases are secondary issues in the show. Their "own issues" going on are the primary topic. In the last season almost in every episode they have been focusing on cheap attraction methods like belief, nationalism, humanitarian activities etc. almost like they were trying to invest in the viewers' personal political view rather than to add variety to the show. Brennan is now irrationally rational and tend to take her rationality to a point of stupidity. Being an atheist has also been questionable since she has been seeing things that science cannot explain (I am an atheist and I hated that episode) No matter the environmental or weather conditions, the corpses are now constantly found in a gooey and disgusting condition .. and the disgusting accidents with the corpses blowing, splasshing in peoples faces tend to happen almost every episode...

I just feel sorry... it was a marvellous show. It was, because it feels like the show has died and they are forcing it to live a little longer by battery power. Please don't do it. Give it a descent ending and let us remember its glorious times.
  • THE FRIEND IN NEED

The show never disappoints me. Gross and gorie! Bring it on. My husband thinks I'm crazy to watch the grossness even though most of the time we're eating dinner. I love it. And the brilliance of Bones and the entire cast and the chemistry between them shows great writing and story-telling. Keep up the good work.

SC from Texas
  • Mom was a disappointment

I love this show, and wouldn't miss an episode. I was however disappointed at the casting for Bones mother in "a shot in the dark". There was no warmth or chemistry between between the two women.
  • The Writers are obviously brilliant

First and foremost, I want to say to Fox thank you for allowing a family friendly, fun, and entertaining show as "Bones" to stay on . Next, has anyone every stopped to think about where does all the knowledge for each episoded come from? I mean think about it. I understand they are modeling the show off some anthropologist but in order to maintain all the desriptive materially as far as the biology, science experiments and different details case to case from soil, bugs, computer technology and bones, the knowledge the writers put into each script is pure genious. And the fact that the actors obviously must memorize this materially is awesome on their part. I mean Hodges and his 1000's of bugs, the brilliance shown by Angela in her computer programs, the expertise from Brennan and the details given with the bones, and the psychology knowledge of Sweets. Its like watching college classes all wrapped into one. The knowledge of these scripts just do not pop out of no where. The writers must either know this knowledge or spend hours and hours researching for eash episode. I wonder if anyone else thinks about that? I want to personally give a bow and applause to all those involved in putting together the information given for each episode and say "Thank you", in case no one else has.
  • Positive Role models

I have been watching bones since the very first season and I have to say this show is not only very enjoyable but serves as a positive role model for all younger girls out there! Bones coming from a convict family who abandoned her has really made an image to herself and lives by a strong sense of ethics and morals. I look foward to viewing future seasons!
  • Ten seasons minimum please

Phenomenal show, seems to get stronger as the seasons go on, the cast have grown so well together, the storylines are still interesting and I would like to see it continue.
  • Bones shall never die!!!!!!!!

I have been watching Bones when it first aired and i been in love with it sense... And Seeley and me have a lot in common because my dad walk out on me and doesn't care about me anymore. I want Bones to go forever and i want a chance to be on one of the shows
  • A little gross beginning

This episode really grossed me out. But still a great episode, I really love the idea of both Brennan and the team going back to the root of archealogy. Demostrating an interracial family from 25,000 years ago was really cool thing.
  • Classsssssssssss all the way

Bones is the best ever just love it great cast never change it EVER ;-)
  • A Grade Cast!

This Show Started A 5.5 and Today is at 9.5. Excellent Cast of Personnel . Enjoyed , The Episode Where All The Interns Worked Together with the regular cast to find out a true Hero had died on September 11th of 2001 , On The Attack Of The Pentagon! My Congrats to All (Fox is My Network) :)
  • needs to get better

I really loved the show but now I feel that brennan and booth are like an old married couple,I feel like the producers really rush the things in the way of the baby,after 6 season all the fans were glad that they finally come together but why bring the baby,they should have developed the relationship between them as a copule before bringing christine to the picture bc I see that just like and excuse to get them together.

like where is the sexual tension they used to have during the whole series.

I really hoped they can work out that bc like other comments said they are running out of plot.
  • When Does it End

I loved this show for a very long time, and we all were crying out for Bones to finally say, sure Booth lets be in an amazing relationship. But I feel as if this show just keeps dragging on. There really is no reason to continue this because no matter how much we love the cast and the characters when there is no more plot, there is no more reason to continue the show. Just let it stop while its ahead and not make one of the best tv shows become the worst.
  • her sister is cute and it's way better than garbage REALITY TV which blows!!!!!!!!!!!

since the networks and cable channels have decided to go cheap on us and make 99 percent REALITY TV shows, wrestling (on sci-fi!!) and are always cancelling great shows... i have cancelled my cable and no longer watch any tv... i download all my shows i like off the internet and have started watching alot of bbc shows from england. I'll not sit in front of the box and watch crap in the evenings after working all day. I want quality or nothing at all from the networks / cable channels. I SUGGEST WE ALL BOYCOTT THE TV for one week each month until the REALITY CRAP is taken off the air. That crap causes brain damage... it's totally unacceptable. No one is stupid enough to enjoy that crap except some inbred bigfoot half-breed. They want to produce the cheapest crap possible and still retain the ratings to get sponsors and advertising dollars. Don't give them the appearance of ratings by watching at all. Turn off you cable / sat and download... NO Commercials!!! and only watch what you want to watch when u want to watch it... been doing this for 4 years now and it's great. Only problem is, running out of shows to watch. Sci-Fi channel, now si-fi (junk now) sold out and became a cess-pool putting on fantasy and wrestling crap... was once the best channel on cable... anyways,

boycott cable / networks and download from internet...

watch ur shows without commercials or interuption...

hope the networks realize they're loosing their loyal viewers because we're NOT dumbing down and

we HATE reality TV crap...

screw u a-holes... you're idiots and you're gonna kill ur networks/channels if you keep on this way
  • unbelievable...

this show is unbelievable. with its stories based on real events and the detail and research that has gone into the medical/criminal side of this show, it is NOT one to miss. this show not only deals with crimminal issues but deals with the lives of those who investigate these crimes and the problems they go through whilst doing their job. apart from all that it also has romantic tension in abundance -- it will have viewers gripping the edge of their seat yelling for the main characters to realise their love and attraction of each other! Bones is a new drama that brings meaning back to crime television!
  • This was one of my favorite shows

Like Castle, This show WAS a nice combination of light people interaction and good mystery solving. This season it has morphed into a lousy soap opera combined with an attempt at comedy. Mystery solving has become the last priority. Deepening what were respectful relationships is a death knell to a mystery show.
  • ghost should have stayed dead

the first 149 episodes were good. I don't know which was worse, the writing of this episode or cyndi lauper. spending an hour looking up people noses is not fun. this was the first time i ever changed channels during your show
  • The Ghost Was a Dead Duck

Why do they do this. MASH started it and other Great shows copied it. It is hard to watch and the scripts are weak. If this is the best you can do, fire the writers and start again.

The commercials in the middle of the shows are getting ridiculous I get they pay the bills, and showing a product is one thing. But writing them into he script? Let's stop the Royal Diner and just eat at Subway. What's next, bathroom scenes plugging Charmain or tampons?
  • Keep the show, dtch the camera movement.

I love this show, but I could not watch the camera movement gave me a headache.
  • Product placement does not require an actual script in the middle of the show!!!!!

I love this show but am personally getting sick of all the TV and phone commercials written into the show that require additional script. The characters are awesome until for some reason there is a car that they have to try and sell me! Isn't there enough commercials interupting our TV content with out having to take time away from the episode. Now when you buy the seasons on DVD you still get to see the commercials. Excellent. Stop advertising in the middle of our shows. There is enough with just product placement. Thanks.
  • Bones episode on 12-3-12

I am guessing that the writers of Bones don't plan on having another season! This episode is we had to change the channel. What were they thinking?. I probably will not watch it again after the sappy season opener since this is the first time I have watched it since and it used to be one of my favorite shows.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10