Bones

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 13, 2005 In Season

layle1

Bones Fan Reviews page 7 of 32

• Bones Girl Through and Through

Amazing show. I started watching it through netflix and was hooked in the first five minutes of the pilot. That is just the way of Bones though. Bones and Booth's chemistry coupled with murder and mayhem makes for the perfect show.
  • GREAT

Me and my boyfriend started watching Bones last summer. We had only seen occasional episodes on tv and decided to watch it from the beginning. We immediately became addicted to the show. We watched the first six seasons in about a month and it was a hard wait for the next one. Every week we sit down and watch the latest episode and it's always a great time. The show has everything i personally want in a show!
  • LOVEEEEEEE THIS SHOW!

absolutely love bones. bones criminal minds and pysch are my top fave shows. i love the character development in bones but i do kind of feel like brennan took a step back from last season as far as being or acting "normal" we all know shes extraordinary its great seeing her and booth going through this pregnancy absolutely love the fact that she is pregnant it was a great twist... the storyline is great. LOVE IT

philipina- i understand what you are saying but actually they do explain it. in hole in the heart bones and booth sleep together she tells angela in that episode. at the very very end of the bowling episode after angela has had the baby bones tell booth that shes pregnant.... its actually hinted through that whole episode with all of the her and booth having a girl comments and her observations of the mean mean redhead.
  • best show ever!

My friend mentioned this show to me and she liked it so i started watching. I got hooked right away! there is no better show!
  • Last season to this season

5.5
    I must have missed something because last season they were at a bowling alley solving crime and then when it came back on Bones is pregnant and no explanation. Yes there was an episode where Booth and Bone gave the impression that they slept together and Bones even hinted around to Anglia that they did,,,ok fine so I was waiting for the next episode of them planning the whole affair,,,baby and all,,,,but it just picked up as ok now she is back and pregnant,,,,I don't get it. But I'm sure in real life she is pregnant,,,thats the only explanation for her coming back so big.
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW!

This show is amazing!!! i love booth and bones!! :D
  • BEST SHOW EVER

SO AMAZING
  • i don't get it

some thing i don't understand booth tells bones that F B I agents are not allowed to fall for people they work with so how is that these two are together ,the agency knows about it but they are still partners
  • IM OBSESSED

I am obsessed with bones right now, I can not get enough. I LOVE the show and I love Brennan and Booth together. I think they are a wonderful couple and Its sad that EMily is already married because I think they should be together forever. Best show in the world so far and I love it. Thank you for creating the show who ever did. Emily,david, and the rest of the cast you guys are great and I love you all. (I wish I could be on the show ) ALSO I understand people have there opinions but they need to stop being so harsh and stop hating on the show. It is genius! :)
  • Completely agree!

it was at its best at season 2/3 when theyd have 36 minutes solving a case with a little conversation and a few actually funny jokes in between, and then 5 minutes at the end for character development.

Now the cases seem to take about five minutes and then the rest of the time is spent on really unfunny jokes, and boring character subplots.

I want the old bones back!
  • Is it just me or has this show taken a turn for the worse?

For god sake please spend more than two minutes setting up the plot for the show. It seems like the writing staff is out to lunch and turning what was once a smart and witty show into a joke of stupid plots and stilted character interaction. Within the first ten minutes you can figure out how the person died and who was involved. I guess this show has become a dumping ground for poor writing and producers who rest on their laurels. And whats the deal with Temperance? She used to be a slightly off beat intellectual with social awkwardness, now shes a socially retarded fool who cant make any connection to the characters she interacts with. Its almost painfulto hear her lines. For a character who is supposed to be a genius, she has become an idiot and a joke. What a shame this show has become. It think I'm done with it. I say this with true frustration as I was a fan from the beggining. Can we say "LAST SEASON"? I'm calling it now. Its dead, put it in the ground before it begins to stink even more!

• I love Bones!

I really find bones not like any of the other Crime TV shows. It is different. I do still watch the crime shows like CSI:NY and CSI: BUT, Bones is still my favorite out of all the crime shows. The CSI shows only really focus on finding the suspect and arresting them and all that fun stuff, and rarely take time for other storylines. Bones is not like that at all!!! They have a little bit of everything. Crime, Humor, Romance and Love. The combination of them all makes it tower over all of the crime shows. I never go an episode without laughing at something someone says. There is always a comment that Booth says that makes me laugh. OR something that Sweets does that makes me laugh. I'm amazing that my whole family doesn't say anything when i do because i have laughed pretty loud before when i am watching in my room with my door half closed.The storylines aredefinitelywhat keeps me tuning in every week and not missing one. Bones is great. Anyone should watch it.

• Brennan needs to go!!!

1.5
    This has got to be the dumbest show. I could love the show if they got rid of Brennan. OMG, I hate her with a passion. They made her the dumbest genius I've ever seen on a show. I will only watch this if I have the flu and can't move off the couch. She is not interesting at all, and he assistant Zack can go as well. I love all the rest of them, and the cases themselves are wonderful, but Bones herself ruins them no matter what. I think Booth is just to freaking cute and he can do better dating a crazy woman.
  • In Love With Bones.

I love a well written show with a great ensemble cast that has humor, romance, and drama all integrated into the mix. Bones is and has all of those things, and has become my all-time favorite TV show.

My praise to the writers, to the cast, and to the fans who have supported it and kept such a wonderful show going!

• Best Show on TV

If you haven't viewed "Bones" You're missing a treat. Such wonderful cast and well written. So happy to see that it is going to be on another Season. Would not miss it for anything tomorrow night. Great American TV for drama, comedy, character acting and good plots.

• Bones is a great show. Love the team. it is sure worth watching over and over... just one thing, I forget the time and get busy and miss it at times.

Bones is a great show. Love the team. it is sure worth watching over and over... just one thing, I forget the time and get busy and miss it at times. wish I had the channel that one could play what you miss... worth watching... put your alarm clock on to remind you....

• Bones at best is a wonderful show. It's got a wonderful cast, rich characters, good plot lines and a good sense of humor.

Sometimes people think that Bones is changing into a really boring soap opera show, but I tend to disagree strongly. Bones has had it's rough moments in the series (like all shows do too) but it always tends to amaze and entertain me. It changed my life and I will always come to love this show no matter what.

I really do love the leads though, they're awesome!

• I am so disappointed in this show, the writers just do not care about the fans.

I waited for years for Booth and Bones to get together, then the writers snubbed the fans with the "OH BTW I am having your baby" scene. Fans got nothing, no romance at all and it was not fair. I am so close to just removing this series from my DVR.

I have been a fan of all the actors and even followed Ryan Cartwright to Alphas, and he is the best thing in the show.

• Everyone's taste is different

Yes there have been shows like this before and yes there will be shows like this in the future but what really makes a show are the plot lines and the characters, how they are written, how the actors play them and how well they mesh together.

I haven't liked a show this much in a long time, I have watched it from the very first episode and I will watch it until the (tuytuy - touch wood) very end. It's funny and honest and played extremely well by the actors. It has heart wrenching story lines as well as silly, stupid ones which I think a show needs. Yes it took a while to get the main characters together but thats what it needed. They did this at the right time. Too early and the show bombs, too late and fans lose interest.

The very loyal fans of the show have waited 6 years for Booth and Brennan to get together and in the end we didn't need this big fancy show of 'we are together llok at us shouting from the rooftops' as it isn't there style.

Brilliant Show - carry on!

• Dem bones, Dem bones.....

....... but they are far from dry bones. The most impressive aspect of this series is the development of the characters and their interaction with one another. Yes the original idea was for the solving of cases by a combinaton of skilled forensics and a cop's intuition, but it has gone beyond that.
    OK there are occasional weak episodes but on the whole the standard has remained amazingly high due to the combination of quality scriptwriting and directing allied to the skill of the crew from set dressers, lighting, continuity and all the other many people involved.
    Mustn't forget the actors either especially the two leads whose obvious chemistry and input into the characteriation is outstanding. they are backed up byexcellent supporting actors and well chosen guest stars.
    Thanks to Hart Hansen and Stephen Nathan for putting this all together and managing to keep things going for so long. Keep it up.

• Bummer

Hey all you devoted fans out there. I hope I'm not the only one who thought the end to the latest season was a complete rip off. I mean keep us hanging around for six seasons hoping for the moment when at last booth and bones get together, and it couldn't have been more anticlimactic, all that waiting and not even a lousy kiss. Bones and Angela share a "look" and oh yeah, she's prego to! Talk about a colossal disappointment! I own previos seasons and knowing where it all leads to, I can't even bring myself to re-watch! Not trying to be melodramatic but come on, you're kidding yourself if your reasons to watch weren't dominated by the romance, what a let down.
  • Felt it was time to air my thoughts about this program - a show I began watching late in the game (around mid-season 2)- but immediately came to love. I rented episodes I had missed, and quickly caught up; been watching faithfully since then.

While I realize what is happening to the show (it is going through post season five-itis), it still pains me to watch sometimes. In an effort to keep things fresh (I guess) - they have taken the heart from the program, and turned it into something pretty average. The people who have given the show a "10" recently,i.e.,written reviews dated mid 2010 on, are the same viewers who like a show like NCIS; filled with good-looking stars with limited acting ability, and routine, but action filled plots. Bones used to be more than that. We grew to love Temperance Brennan, as we learned what lurked beneath that icy exterior; and we loved Agent Booth for seeing the person, not just the forensic anthropologist; feeling her pain and helping her grow. Think of the eps where we learned how she felt as a foster child; the ones where we learned about her parents (especially Max); where we saw her struggle to be human - more to please Booth than any other reason. These were the episodes where the "squints" were kept to the background; coming to the fore only to enhance a story line. Space will not allow me to go much further - I think you get the point. I miss the old "Bones" and I'm sorry to see her going.
  • Used to be good...

This show used to be good. It used to be a refreshing change from the usual CSI rubbish as it added much needed humour to otherwise EXTREMELY formulaic and lackluster television. In the early seasons you weren't so used to how this show went. The characters were charming in their own way because of the social awkwardness of the nerds and the comparative lack of intelligence of Booth. As the show progressed however it has gotten much, much worse. The characters are now unbelievably stuck in the exact same situations that they started in 6 years ago. It is completely implausible that anyone as smart as Brennan would still be exactly as socially awkward as she was at the start of the series. Other than that it has been reasonably entertaining at points. The characters are likable in their own ways, but this show ran out of juice a long time ago. Should have ended after about 4 seasons and tied up the obvious love story, but no, good ratings have absolutely ruined a once good show.
  • Has been a great show over the years....

I have always enjoyed this show- lots of interesting characters, fun dynamics between all the cast members and great chemistry between Bones and Booth. The forensic aspect makes it a little different to other shows and the sexual tension - (while not quite up to Mulder and Scully!) - is definitely engaging. They have played around with some longer term background stories like the Gravedigger and the leads' family stories, but not so much that it makes the show hard to follow. Lately, things have been up and down a little with the relationship between Booth and Bones. I personally think it's getting to the time where they need to wrap things up and get them together. I don't think it would suffer catastrophically from this as you would still get a lot of mileage about them working it all out, to last another season. The story line is going to become unbelievable if they leave this hanging for much longer in my view.
  • Started interestingly but I soon got bored

3.3
    Admittedly, I switched channels on the pilot episode about 3/4 of the way through so apologies if it got much better towards the end.

What started off as a program with some good story possibilities soon degenerated into a deriviative "tough, independant woman who goes against the rules to get the job done" storyline.

Parts of it made me laugh out loud - the 3D holographic body reconstruction software that allowed complex changes to be made in realtime and animated to show how the crime was committed.

Important information relating to the characters backstory was blurted out so fast that you missed half of it and the other half made compounded the "oh my god, I don't believe they just did that" aspect of the program. A prime example of this is how the main character decided to go into her specialist area of forensics.

The bits that could make this program interesting aren't concentrated on enough and the "technology" is given too much emphasis.

If you're looking for a easy to watch, forensic drama then avoid this and check out "Numb3rs" instead.
  • Don't get me wrong but i wonder if people would watch it if it wasn't for Boreanaz who took his fans from "Angel" and brought them here.

Don't get me wrong but i wonder if people would watch it if it wasn't for Boreanaz who took his fans from "Angel" and brought them here. Not only they continuesly seem to copy other tv series but now they use the same actors as well. Booth's grandfather is the same as Gibbs' father?Oh COME ON!!!It seems like bones writers are very good at collecting from other sucessful tv series and fit them into their own. Last season Booth was dellusional because of a brain tumor (hmmm where have i seen it before? Oh yeah "grey's anatomy" same year!), not to mention that Booth is a snipper as-oh yes again-Gibbs from NCIS and so much more.And where is the famous chemistry? I can't see it. It seems that the production tried to sell it and people bought it?!!Deschanel has a frozen look always no matter if she looks at Booth or a dead body and Boreanaz just hasn't that tension in his eyes to convince us that he sees her more than a job partner.There is so much lack of chemistry that they have to remind us in almost every episode of their supposed feelings by actually speaking about them -either some of their friends and co-workers or some shrink or themselves as Booth did in the first episodes of this season- because they can't pass it to the viewers through the so-called chemistry. That's how i see it and everything else is just promotion.If u ask me the thing went wrong from the begining as they tried to sell it like the new x-files or moonlighting or i don't know what other series they thought actually telling us that there is no uniqueness in that show.Probably that seems to have confused Boreanaz who seems to haven't decided whether his on screen character is a goofball joker(bruce willis in moonlighting) or more complicated with problematic childhood as Mulder or A- male, protective as Gibbs or so on.
  • a good show going bad

i agree with a lot of people here that this show was good. (note the emphasis on WAS GOOD!). when i started watching this show i could just sit down and relax and enjoy it. i don't even mind the commercials because i really did like it. then somehow it got to the point where everything just went bad. Now everytime i watch the show i just record it or watch it on tv.com ( Thank You TV.COM, you guys are awesome). everytime angela speaks i fast forward it or everytime they talk about their personal lives i put on an mp 3 player and listen to milli vanilli, now when the love angle between boothe and brennan is discussed i get so excited and get up the couch to slam my head to the wall. here are just some points that i hate about the show :: POINT 1: Angela - she has got to be the most annoying character on television. i mean being sexually active is a good thing but her sleeping with other men takes a good 15 mins of the show. jeez. POINT 2: Brennan - She has got to be the most stupid person out there. her good memory is probably what got her to be so smart, i do not get her being a genius on analysis because if she was good at it she would have notice how people around her feel. POINT 3: i think this show is running out of ideas on how to kill a man or woman. not to much interesting episodes on season 5 yet. president kennedy???? come on!!!!!! wow. POINT 4: Brennan assistants - need i say more??? they should have brought ZACK back he was the "KING OF THE LAB". POINT 5: boothe and brennan love angle. i think they should just stop it. Boothe needs a better woman. brennan is an insensitive, egocentric, and arrogant person. i think brennan should just die of old age single with that stupid stare of hers. some good aspects of the show that's why i still watch it though with lesser enthusiasm.Boreanaz is a good actor, his character on bones is actually pretty good, Sorayan is also a good boss, i like her, her being protective of her adopted daughter just shows her good character. and DR. Sweets man he is the best new character. to put in words sweets is just magnificent, well played and very amusing down to the facial expressions. dr hodgens an obedient rebel. he takes pride in his work and pursues what he think is rigth and he is funny too. in summary, i think because of all the channels that are available now, getting new ideas is far and few. Bones is a dying series that is destined to be canned the next season if new ideas are not found. do not hate me for being blunt. thanks for reading my review. i think i'll watch columbo reruns. bye.
  • Good show going bad.....

5.5
    Don't get me wrong, i love bones!
    But i'm missing the longer storylines like the gravedigger and gormagon... And the love stories too. Like with Angela and Hodgins, that is just completely over... But their relationship brought
    a little bit more storyline to the bone-table.

Or when bones what dating that other fbi guy and
    suddenly you could see the booth-bones romance
    surfacing a little...

It just seems to me that storylines that were started got killed and they're forgetting to start new ones.

So, to sum the whole thing up; great first few
    seasons, but this last one is very disappointing.

I sometimes even forget to watch it... Which
    never happened before!

Hope they turn it around, 'cause i do love them :)
  • Please makes some much needed changes to this show. I like this show but "Bones" comes off as too robotic.

1.5
    Emily Deschanel's character "Bones" comes off as an intellectual idiot, she's unemotional,cold, clueless and out of touch with reality. Please have her evolve so we as viewers can understand the attraction "Booth" sees in her. She's way too analytical even for real anthropologists. If some changes are made the story line might attract more viewers as of now its too unbelievable. The Hodgins/Angela relationship was a nice touch, at least they show emotions and are believable characters, they fight and make up, but the viewer knows they are meant to be. You can tell "Booth" cares but "Bones" is clueless.
  • A follow the numbers episode created by someone who wanted an excuse to go to England. T

I normally like this show and I actually have enjoyed the shows before and after this UK version but I was just full of complete American stereotypes of the English. It was like the writer said - how many can we put in this show. Royal family (why nobody there cares that much about them and not everyone is a royal in the UK - most are as common as you get), rowing (again why ?), mini coopers & an American who can't drive one (is he that useless?), left hand side of road driving, gentlemans clubs, butlers blah blah blah.

It was embarassing. No wonder the world thinks Americans are ignorant of every other counrty and idiots...this show helped to prove it.

There were none of the normal interesting scientific elements, no interplay except 2 people, the UK versions of themselves which only seemed to indicate that the writer didn't have the imagination or knowledge to write UK characters well.

You would have thought after a writers strike they would have a load of ideas they could use. But no.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11