Bones

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 13, 2005 In Season

layle1

Bones Fan Reviews page 8 of 32

• Bones at best is a wonderful show. It's got a wonderful cast, rich characters, good plot lines and a good sense of humor.

Sometimes people think that Bones is changing into a really boring soap opera show, but I tend to disagree strongly. Bones has had it's rough moments in the series (like all shows do too) but it always tends to amaze and entertain me. It changed my life and I will always come to love this show no matter what.

I really do love the leads though, they're awesome!

• I am so disappointed in this show, the writers just do not care about the fans.

I waited for years for Booth and Bones to get together, then the writers snubbed the fans with the "OH BTW I am having your baby" scene. Fans got nothing, no romance at all and it was not fair. I am so close to just removing this series from my DVR.

I have been a fan of all the actors and even followed Ryan Cartwright to Alphas, and he is the best thing in the show.

• Everyone's taste is different

Yes there have been shows like this before and yes there will be shows like this in the future but what really makes a show are the plot lines and the characters, how they are written, how the actors play them and how well they mesh together.

I haven't liked a show this much in a long time, I have watched it from the very first episode and I will watch it until the (tuytuy - touch wood) very end. It's funny and honest and played extremely well by the actors. It has heart wrenching story lines as well as silly, stupid ones which I think a show needs. Yes it took a while to get the main characters together but thats what it needed. They did this at the right time. Too early and the show bombs, too late and fans lose interest.

The very loyal fans of the show have waited 6 years for Booth and Brennan to get together and in the end we didn't need this big fancy show of 'we are together llok at us shouting from the rooftops' as it isn't there style.

Brilliant Show - carry on!

• Dem bones, Dem bones.....

....... but they are far from dry bones. The most impressive aspect of this series is the development of the characters and their interaction with one another. Yes the original idea was for the solving of cases by a combinaton of skilled forensics and a cop's intuition, but it has gone beyond that.
    OK there are occasional weak episodes but on the whole the standard has remained amazingly high due to the combination of quality scriptwriting and directing allied to the skill of the crew from set dressers, lighting, continuity and all the other many people involved.
    Mustn't forget the actors either especially the two leads whose obvious chemistry and input into the characteriation is outstanding. they are backed up byexcellent supporting actors and well chosen guest stars.
    Thanks to Hart Hansen and Stephen Nathan for putting this all together and managing to keep things going for so long. Keep it up.

• Bummer

Hey all you devoted fans out there. I hope I'm not the only one who thought the end to the latest season was a complete rip off. I mean keep us hanging around for six seasons hoping for the moment when at last booth and bones get together, and it couldn't have been more anticlimactic, all that waiting and not even a lousy kiss. Bones and Angela share a "look" and oh yeah, she's prego to! Talk about a colossal disappointment! I own previos seasons and knowing where it all leads to, I can't even bring myself to re-watch! Not trying to be melodramatic but come on, you're kidding yourself if your reasons to watch weren't dominated by the romance, what a let down.
  • Felt it was time to air my thoughts about this program - a show I began watching late in the game (around mid-season 2)- but immediately came to love. I rented episodes I had missed, and quickly caught up; been watching faithfully since then.

While I realize what is happening to the show (it is going through post season five-itis), it still pains me to watch sometimes. In an effort to keep things fresh (I guess) - they have taken the heart from the program, and turned it into something pretty average. The people who have given the show a "10" recently,i.e.,written reviews dated mid 2010 on, are the same viewers who like a show like NCIS; filled with good-looking stars with limited acting ability, and routine, but action filled plots. Bones used to be more than that. We grew to love Temperance Brennan, as we learned what lurked beneath that icy exterior; and we loved Agent Booth for seeing the person, not just the forensic anthropologist; feeling her pain and helping her grow. Think of the eps where we learned how she felt as a foster child; the ones where we learned about her parents (especially Max); where we saw her struggle to be human - more to please Booth than any other reason. These were the episodes where the "squints" were kept to the background; coming to the fore only to enhance a story line. Space will not allow me to go much further - I think you get the point. I miss the old "Bones" and I'm sorry to see her going.
  • Used to be good...

This show used to be good. It used to be a refreshing change from the usual CSI rubbish as it added much needed humour to otherwise EXTREMELY formulaic and lackluster television. In the early seasons you weren't so used to how this show went. The characters were charming in their own way because of the social awkwardness of the nerds and the comparative lack of intelligence of Booth. As the show progressed however it has gotten much, much worse. The characters are now unbelievably stuck in the exact same situations that they started in 6 years ago. It is completely implausible that anyone as smart as Brennan would still be exactly as socially awkward as she was at the start of the series. Other than that it has been reasonably entertaining at points. The characters are likable in their own ways, but this show ran out of juice a long time ago. Should have ended after about 4 seasons and tied up the obvious love story, but no, good ratings have absolutely ruined a once good show.
  • Has been a great show over the years....

I have always enjoyed this show- lots of interesting characters, fun dynamics between all the cast members and great chemistry between Bones and Booth. The forensic aspect makes it a little different to other shows and the sexual tension - (while not quite up to Mulder and Scully!) - is definitely engaging. They have played around with some longer term background stories like the Gravedigger and the leads' family stories, but not so much that it makes the show hard to follow. Lately, things have been up and down a little with the relationship between Booth and Bones. I personally think it's getting to the time where they need to wrap things up and get them together. I don't think it would suffer catastrophically from this as you would still get a lot of mileage about them working it all out, to last another season. The story line is going to become unbelievable if they leave this hanging for much longer in my view.
  • Started interestingly but I soon got bored

3.3
    Admittedly, I switched channels on the pilot episode about 3/4 of the way through so apologies if it got much better towards the end.

What started off as a program with some good story possibilities soon degenerated into a deriviative "tough, independant woman who goes against the rules to get the job done" storyline.

Parts of it made me laugh out loud - the 3D holographic body reconstruction software that allowed complex changes to be made in realtime and animated to show how the crime was committed.

Important information relating to the characters backstory was blurted out so fast that you missed half of it and the other half made compounded the "oh my god, I don't believe they just did that" aspect of the program. A prime example of this is how the main character decided to go into her specialist area of forensics.

The bits that could make this program interesting aren't concentrated on enough and the "technology" is given too much emphasis.

If you're looking for a easy to watch, forensic drama then avoid this and check out "Numb3rs" instead.
  • Don't get me wrong but i wonder if people would watch it if it wasn't for Boreanaz who took his fans from "Angel" and brought them here.

Don't get me wrong but i wonder if people would watch it if it wasn't for Boreanaz who took his fans from "Angel" and brought them here. Not only they continuesly seem to copy other tv series but now they use the same actors as well. Booth's grandfather is the same as Gibbs' father?Oh COME ON!!!It seems like bones writers are very good at collecting from other sucessful tv series and fit them into their own. Last season Booth was dellusional because of a brain tumor (hmmm where have i seen it before? Oh yeah "grey's anatomy" same year!), not to mention that Booth is a snipper as-oh yes again-Gibbs from NCIS and so much more.And where is the famous chemistry? I can't see it. It seems that the production tried to sell it and people bought it?!!Deschanel has a frozen look always no matter if she looks at Booth or a dead body and Boreanaz just hasn't that tension in his eyes to convince us that he sees her more than a job partner.There is so much lack of chemistry that they have to remind us in almost every episode of their supposed feelings by actually speaking about them -either some of their friends and co-workers or some shrink or themselves as Booth did in the first episodes of this season- because they can't pass it to the viewers through the so-called chemistry. That's how i see it and everything else is just promotion.If u ask me the thing went wrong from the begining as they tried to sell it like the new x-files or moonlighting or i don't know what other series they thought actually telling us that there is no uniqueness in that show.Probably that seems to have confused Boreanaz who seems to haven't decided whether his on screen character is a goofball joker(bruce willis in moonlighting) or more complicated with problematic childhood as Mulder or A- male, protective as Gibbs or so on.
  • a good show going bad

i agree with a lot of people here that this show was good. (note the emphasis on WAS GOOD!). when i started watching this show i could just sit down and relax and enjoy it. i don't even mind the commercials because i really did like it. then somehow it got to the point where everything just went bad. Now everytime i watch the show i just record it or watch it on tv.com ( Thank You TV.COM, you guys are awesome). everytime angela speaks i fast forward it or everytime they talk about their personal lives i put on an mp 3 player and listen to milli vanilli, now when the love angle between boothe and brennan is discussed i get so excited and get up the couch to slam my head to the wall. here are just some points that i hate about the show :: POINT 1: Angela - she has got to be the most annoying character on television. i mean being sexually active is a good thing but her sleeping with other men takes a good 15 mins of the show. jeez. POINT 2: Brennan - She has got to be the most stupid person out there. her good memory is probably what got her to be so smart, i do not get her being a genius on analysis because if she was good at it she would have notice how people around her feel. POINT 3: i think this show is running out of ideas on how to kill a man or woman. not to much interesting episodes on season 5 yet. president kennedy???? come on!!!!!! wow. POINT 4: Brennan assistants - need i say more??? they should have brought ZACK back he was the "KING OF THE LAB". POINT 5: boothe and brennan love angle. i think they should just stop it. Boothe needs a better woman. brennan is an insensitive, egocentric, and arrogant person. i think brennan should just die of old age single with that stupid stare of hers. some good aspects of the show that's why i still watch it though with lesser enthusiasm.Boreanaz is a good actor, his character on bones is actually pretty good, Sorayan is also a good boss, i like her, her being protective of her adopted daughter just shows her good character. and DR. Sweets man he is the best new character. to put in words sweets is just magnificent, well played and very amusing down to the facial expressions. dr hodgens an obedient rebel. he takes pride in his work and pursues what he think is rigth and he is funny too. in summary, i think because of all the channels that are available now, getting new ideas is far and few. Bones is a dying series that is destined to be canned the next season if new ideas are not found. do not hate me for being blunt. thanks for reading my review. i think i'll watch columbo reruns. bye.
  • Good show going bad.....

5.5
    Don't get me wrong, i love bones!
    But i'm missing the longer storylines like the gravedigger and gormagon... And the love stories too. Like with Angela and Hodgins, that is just completely over... But their relationship brought
    a little bit more storyline to the bone-table.

Or when bones what dating that other fbi guy and
    suddenly you could see the booth-bones romance
    surfacing a little...

It just seems to me that storylines that were started got killed and they're forgetting to start new ones.

So, to sum the whole thing up; great first few
    seasons, but this last one is very disappointing.

I sometimes even forget to watch it... Which
    never happened before!

Hope they turn it around, 'cause i do love them :)
  • Please makes some much needed changes to this show. I like this show but "Bones" comes off as too robotic.

1.5
    Emily Deschanel's character "Bones" comes off as an intellectual idiot, she's unemotional,cold, clueless and out of touch with reality. Please have her evolve so we as viewers can understand the attraction "Booth" sees in her. She's way too analytical even for real anthropologists. If some changes are made the story line might attract more viewers as of now its too unbelievable. The Hodgins/Angela relationship was a nice touch, at least they show emotions and are believable characters, they fight and make up, but the viewer knows they are meant to be. You can tell "Booth" cares but "Bones" is clueless.
  • A follow the numbers episode created by someone who wanted an excuse to go to England. T

I normally like this show and I actually have enjoyed the shows before and after this UK version but I was just full of complete American stereotypes of the English. It was like the writer said - how many can we put in this show. Royal family (why nobody there cares that much about them and not everyone is a royal in the UK - most are as common as you get), rowing (again why ?), mini coopers & an American who can't drive one (is he that useless?), left hand side of road driving, gentlemans clubs, butlers blah blah blah.

It was embarassing. No wonder the world thinks Americans are ignorant of every other counrty and idiots...this show helped to prove it.

There were none of the normal interesting scientific elements, no interplay except 2 people, the UK versions of themselves which only seemed to indicate that the writer didn't have the imagination or knowledge to write UK characters well.

You would have thought after a writers strike they would have a load of ideas they could use. But no.
  • Was a great show until...

3.5
    As watchers of NCIS and the CSI's my wife and I started watching Bones and thoroughly enjoyed it until Angela's character went "bi-sexual". Maybe the agenda is to desensitize the public towards that type of lifestyle, but for us this crosses the line. I understand this might be the wave of the future, but frankly it's offensive to us and many of our friends. We are tolerant of that lifestyle but that doesn't mean we have to agree with it. Unless things change soon we will cease to watch your show. Too bad, because it was getting to be one of our favorites.
  • Looks good, love the premise! Finally Anthropology gets its big break!

As an Anthropology student I always wondered why there weren't more of us on TV. Now Emily Deschanel is going to be there! She is my hero! This show looks good from what I can tell. I can't wait until fall for it. I am also glad to see David Boreanaz returning to TV this quickly. Not many Buffy/Angel alums have made it back so far, so I hope that this show works out for him. Deschanel and Boreanaz look like an interesting (if difficult to spell) team. I hear that this show is based off of the writings of Kathy Reichs who is the author of popular book such as Deja Dead and Fatal Voyage. Her forensic anthropologist is realistic, because the author herself is one! Hopefully this won't go the way of The Inside, another show killed off too quickly by Fox the Ax. Good Luck Bones! I'll be watching!
  • A bit disappointing, but I'll have to watch a couple more to make a final decision.

4.5
    I'm a huge David Boreanaz fan, so I was really looking forward to this. But unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed. I understand he's not the lead, and I'm not griping about that, however, the story seemed like anything else on TV, but with bones. And the quality of acting was pretty bad. I will watch a couple more episodes before I make a final position.
  • Bones operates on a simple formula that has been perfected over a couple dozen other crime shows. That isn't bad in and of itself, but you will be disappointed if you expect originality in this. Check your expectations and you'll be entertained.

Humour and pseudo science are the bread and butter of this show.

Bones is your average run of the mill Hollywood genius who has written several books by the age of thirty and has mastered all human knowledge except social interaction. She has surrounded herself with other loyal geniuses who form her dysfunctional genius league. Luckily there is Booth, the down to Earth FBI agent, to provide a comedic counterweight.

Bones' particular field is identifying the bones of murder-victims to establish their identities, time and method of death, etc. It's fairly impressive if made slightly ridiculous by the fact they threw in a giant holographic projector to display their theories with. Other then that it is a field you will be largely unfamiliar with, so if you like science talk it will certainly hold your attention.

Bones will of course only consent to help the FBI if she gets to visit the crime scenes, which brings her and Booth into nice situations and decomposed bodies to exchange quips over.

Voilà, you have yourself a crime show.

• Guest spots with Ryan O'Neal brighten up the show and I can't wait to see more of him.

I never saw this show until I spotted Ryan O'Neal on an episode. I am now a fan and I look forward to seeing more of Ryan. I also think that Booth and Brennan as a couple is a good story line. I will continue to watch this show because Ryan is in it and the personal story lines.

• I like the show but I can't wait for Bones and Booth to be a couple anymore.

5.5
    Good show but they keep draging on and on Bones and Booth as a couple that I just quit after 4 seasons of chasins around when they are not even making an effort to nget them to at least admit that they like each other. I like the show but I can't stand that the tention is so intense between those two but nothing happens. It's annoying because they should either let igt go or just go with it instead of pretenting there isn't an elephant in the room. Anyways, cop show are a little bit to unrealistic for my taste and I don't like that every show has their resident FBI agent, like guys the FBI really has nothing else to do than little crimes at a very specific institute in D.C.?
  • A definite best on television. Bones is the crime show junkies best friend in my opinion, the murder cases are different with odd elements, but the atmosphere has a light playful feel through the interaction with the different characters.

When watching a show that deals with murders, I feel that Bones does a much better job compared with any other criminal investigation show at having a light atmosphere, and happy side to it.. there is more comedy and personal interaction through the characters. Also, another element that is not found in most crime shows, nor shown as much, is solving the crime through investigation of the victims remains and other particulates that are found, which is brought through by the combined working relationship of the FBI and the Jeffersonian scientists. Bones has the whole package, personal interaction, relationships, and growth, forensic/ scientific investigation, and interrogation along with detective work. Enjoyable to watch, lovable characters, each possessing a completely unique and divers personality, and intriguing plots and cases.
  • The Hole in the Heart was one of the BEST Bones episodes ever!

My husband and I were glued to the set for the entire episode (not even taking our ice cream break)! This show was one of finest ever, heart-breaking sadness, amazing humor, pulse-pounding action and....gasp...romance at last! (We think). Angela's face did say it all after we were ripped away from what Bones told her about the night with Booth. This is our number one favorite show and we cannot wait for next weeks finale...the summer to pass...and..next season!

Bones and Booth are the best team ever on TV since Mulder and Scully were around.

This is the most entertaining show on television.
  • Bones. 206 in the human body to be exact.

Dr. Temperance Brennan believes in rational thinking, logic and reasoning. Her along with her partner, Special Agent Sealey Booth, fight crimes and catch the bad guys. It may seem like just work, but work isn't the only thing in the lab. Love slithers through, like a snake, ready to get its next victim. Love so strong that the Squint Squad gets it. Everything that happens, happens in weird ways. Thats just it, you never know what'll happen next. One Minute Zach worked there the next he was in a Mental Institute. Windell was with Angela but now she's married to Hodgins and they have a kid. Nigel worked there but now he's watching us from the sky. So With Bones you don't know what will happen or what'll be the next truth. But the one thing you can't deny is that People have bones. 206 in the human body to be exact.
  • Bones is a genius show.

I just love it! The chemistry between everybody is absolutely perfect, and the actors are superb! I just love how adorably weird Brennan is!
    I would've given the show a 10 if it wasn't for the B&B relationship-thing. It really needs to happen really soon, cause the fans have been waiting way to long. I think the writers are geniuses, I really don't understand how they can come up with all the hilarious lines for Brennan! You just have to love her!
    Another character I'm really starting to love is Cam. She's starting to really show her personality and she finally has a real love! And btw: She is, without any doubt, the most beautiful woman on TV. She's absolutely gorgeous!
  • Love the show!

The show is full of talented actors and actresses. They each personally embody some of the average person. The captivating interaction between the characters is enough reason alone for me to want to watch the show! For those who care less about personal interaction and more the action or adventure, no problem! There is mystery in each case and a gory first scene that never leaves you feeling let down! You never want to miss the body finding scene! Some crime shows are not believable, but that is not an issue with Bones. The show uses plausible methods and facts to break the case. I Love the show!
  • Doctor in the photo brought much of the prior seasons side plots full circle.

Well, it had to happen and its about time! Bones finally met a mind she couldn't out logic... Her own! Even though it was in the persona of the dead woman, Bones finally had to face her own realities, fears and the truth that she loves Booth. And, that she not only missed her chance, she threw it away.
    Although I was disappointed at the writers throwing Bones so brazenly to Booth in that way. Like Bones would ever expect Booth to head for the closest hotel? That scene could have been written much classier and still left everyone in tears remembering 'the one that got away or could have been'.
    The night guard Mika (mike-ah)is a most interesting character. Wise beyond his station yet humble and intuitive. And he always seems to show up just when Bones needs his 'good ole boy' version of critical thought. BTW, there are a couple of things about Mika that bugs me. He always seems to appear from and disappear into thin air. Granted Bones unknowingly spoke with Booth's spotter's ghost at Arlington. And Who knows given the nature and contents of the Jeffersonian, that the house ghost would be fully able to show up with snacks in hand. Or, be ectoplasmicly capable of calling a cab and sending Bones home. Not to mention explaining how a night guard has the time and ability to attend every intellectual & scientific lecture presented.
    Of course with Bones not believing in God or ghosts, might there come a time when Bones is faced with the decision to ask Mika who or what he really is? Say after Booth finds out there is no night guard by that name? Or, if Bones while eating lunch were to notice an honorary plaque on a bench bearing Mika's name?
    Or, seeing how the writers like to intermingle shows... Perhaps Bones and Booth could run up against a team of "ghost hunters" on a case that leads Bones to re-evaluate her true beliefs? But then... Perhaps that might be just what "they" WANT you to think!!!
  • Good show when you have not a favorite one to see

It's a good show when you don't know what to see on TV, where the best asset is in the two main characters (their relationship and humoristic situations sometimes, not the best actors on tv but they can handle it and the duo works pretty well).

The secondary character's are not so good for me, seem to be here only for a usefull purpose.

Unlike other I feel episodes as they are a little repetitive, but it keeps some fun as the investigation is always based on bones (or a squeleton).

Like the show Numbers it's a pleasant mix of science and crime investigation that is not always realistic (but enough entertaining).

Well in order to resume, a decent show.
  • Personal drama and character posturing has pushed science and investigation to the background. The show has become more of a soap opera than an interesting crime-solving show.

The cases Bones and Booth investigate have become secondary to all the cast's personal issues. I liked this show very much in the early seasons but now it seems way too impressed with itself. Bones is aggressively righteous in her cluelessness and that aspect of her character is losing its charm. Booth is smug and blustery and seems more interested in creating a disturbance than working a case. Angela has pushed her drama queen persona to the point of being tiresome and Hodgins just lets her blather on. Sweets is a totally extraneous character and adds nothing to solving anything except personal problems. Daisy was intended to be annoying (and succeeded), but is a good example of how the show is leaving problem-solving behind in favor of getting viewer reaction. I really don't care about any of the characters' personal issues. I watch the show to see them solve baffling problems. I think I may follow the example of the intern who quit because science had taken a back seat to love and goofing around.
  • Bones is a decent show, nothing more.

Bones is a decent show, nothing more. It is in some ways very similar to NCIS (same structure of chapters and emphasis on character interation), so I can't review it without comparing.
    The stongest point of the serie is the motivation, which is nicely done, and by the way it's the biggest flaw in NCIS.
    But the rest is not so good. The history lacks coherence more than any other investigative police serie, the acting is just average and the characters are single-minded and not captivating.
    In other words, Bones is just a good show. You can have a good time watching it, but it's not a serie that will linger in your memory much time.
  • Sad to say but is Bones really becoming 'old and mundane'?

I love 'Bones' - Don't get me wrong. I love the fact that it's based on a true person (Kathy Reichs) and that she is an active participant in keeping the show + facts within the show real and 'dirty'.
    But like all great shows, the storylines have become secondary to the character-based story lines. It's no longer 'Who killed that person', it's 'When will Booth and Brennan finally admit they love/want each other'?
    Character-based shows only go so far as giving satisfactory comfort and relief to us viewers but the actual show becomes forgotten and suffers in ratings.
    I do love the element of the altering interns though. I think this brings out the best in the main characters as they are ever-loyal to Zack. And I do hope Brennan realises that Sweets is a smart, endearing person and lets up on him because psychology, although considered a 'soft science' is still a science, and one that has helped them in many circumstances.
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12