Bones

layle1

Bones Fan Reviews page 9 of 32

• Awful to the extreme!

1.1
    As a fan of Angel I watched the pilot of Bones; I expected a decent show, hoping David Boreanaz wouldnt have signed up to something mediocre and at the same time hoping he would play a different type of character to usual. Boreanaz didnt sign up to something mediocre, he signed up to something terrible. From the opening scene of the pilot where the main character (an anthropologist) floors a member of Homeland Security (in an airport) and has so much attitude she had already irritated me, the show is ludicrous in its approach to the subject matter and coupled with a dreadful support cast (such as the lass who opens her jacket to get someones attention within 5 minutes of the pilot) and the whiney teenage kid who for no reason tells everyone he isnt a virgin. Seriously, within 20 minutes I turned to the other 3 lads I was sat watching the show with and asked them if watching the rest was necessary, I always give pilots a go but for the first time since Tru Calling I couldnt care less about the story and wanted to watch something else. We decided to watch it until the next advert break, however soon after the show got even worse when the anthropologist \\\\\\\"wrote a computer program to display a holographic projection of what a person looked like based on their skull\\\\\\\" WHAT?!! Even with a Computer Science degree you couldnt do that! Where did an anthropolgist learn to do such a thing?! Let alone the fact that the technology hasnt been invented yet!! As I said in my summary, bad to the extreme, CANCELED!
  • I stopped watching Bones because the antiwar theme got so far left I thought Cindy Sheehan would show up. The last straw was whent the bearded freak called President Bush a tyrant.

3.6
    Up until this evening I enjoyed watching the program but the antiwar theme was so offensive to me I stopped watching and will not watch in the future. How can I write a 100 words about a program that offends me. This is the same reason I dont watch Law and Order. Detective Munch cant keep his left wing mouth shut and must continually insult anyone with a conservative view. The fact that he reads 20 newspapers per day does not qualify him to preach to me. It is time that TV producers understand that their function is to entertain period.
  • A Crime Drama that follows Dr Brennan, a forensic anthropologist and Booth, a FBI agent, putting names & faces to bones.

I wasn't sure I could ever see David Boreanaz as anything else than "Ange" but writing and his acting has won me over. This show fits right in with my love for all 3 "CSI" shows and "Crossing Jordan". I will never get tired of watching people solve crimes. What's interesting about this show is that they solve both new and old cases. Sometimes the bodies are fresh, othertimes they have been dead for centuries. We also have the dynamic between Booth and Brennan. She is very scientific and serious. She is unaware of the current events and pop culture of the world around her. She is brillant and sweet. Booth is a real "man's man", the macho cop-like character, but he also has a tender side and is a great dad.
  • Two words explain why I watch this instead of CSI Character Development

I tried watching CSI, and didn't like it. I tried watching this, and loved it. So, I asked myself, why did I like this instead of CSI? I found the answer while browsing this forum. Character development.

Sure, the cases are good. But, I learned that I liked this show because they did more than just solved crimes. They focused partly on the character development of Brennan and Booth. The real payoff of this, I think will come in the second season, which is when I believe Booth and Brennan will finally get together.

Also, there is some fabulous acting here, especially from David Boreanz playing Booth.

All and all, this show is absolutely fabulous, and I hope that it may continue for many more seasons.

For all the reasons above, I give Bones a fabulous 9/10.
  • An increasingly sexy but still geeky forensic anthropologist and a FBI hottie- what could be better?

Personally, this show is facinating and funny. Bones has a sort of innocence while staying really cool. Bones is a great show mixing real forensic science with drama and complicated relationships between the many complex characters. People who don't watch this show should;it shows a more realistic idea of what forensic anthropology is about.
  • I've seen better.

1.4
    Muder shows are cool, but this is lame. I would rather watch Forensic Files than this. Seriously. Show something more intresting than this. If i was responsible for this show, i wouldn't admit it. I would keep my life low before i let anyone complain to me. Pitiful, pitiful show.
  • bones is a joke. this subject content had the potential to be as good a csi, but al the silly banter between the 2 makes me want to puke. it\'s like that old cybl sheppard and bruse willis show moonlighting, it was sooooo stupid.

bones is a joke. this subject content had the potential to be as good a csi, but all the silly banter between the 2 makes me want to puke. it\'s like that old cybl sheppard and bruse willis show moonlighting, it was sooooo stupid. i have tried to watch and
    just cannot
  • If it weren't for David Boreanaz I would have never discovered this show. What else am I missing?!?!?

I only tuned into Bones because I am a David Boreanaz fan. Boy am I glad that I did! Bones is different from the other crime dramas on TV today. Not only do they have serious crimes to solve (they *are* dead bodies, after all) but the writers and actors seem to capture the different personality types who flock to this type of work.

The Squints simultaneously run a tight lab and provide comic relief that other crime dramas are sadly lacking. Seely's pop culture references are completely lost on Emily Deschanel's no-nonsense Bones. Overall, Bones is worth a watch, if you like crime drama. Check it out!
  • Take one sarcastically sweet FBI Agent with a big heart, one sad Forensic Anthropologist with tragic life and a crew in tow and mix them together to create one happening show!

I absolutely love this show! Of course, I got hooked on David Boreanaz back on Buffy, followed him to Angel and here I am still salivating at his door...LOL. Seriously, this is an awesome show. All the actors/actresses do a superb job making their characters real and believeable. I hope this show sticks around for many, many seasons.
  • Dead boring!

0.0
    What an AWFUL show. I thought with the material they had it would at least have an advantage on a "new concept" show, but it was just horrible. It was feelingless to have them discuss genocide like it was a shoe sale at Neiman-Marcus. Kathy Reichs was very affected by her experience, and in this show they treated the subject like a holiday in Hawaii. I didn't have a problem with the premise that the lead character was nabbed by security for having a skull in her luggage (this actually happened to Reichs) but doing an Emma Peel karate number in the middle of the airport? And seriously too. I've never seen a pilot that whacked the audience over the head so hard with tired "they'll love this in Altoona" clichés.

Kathy Reichs must be spinning in her grave....and she's the only author you can say that about who isn't dead.
  • Bones is compared to House, it just doesnt stack up.

3.6
    While Fox may advertise Bones as a perfect match for House (which follows it), it lacks the edge that House has, and is nothing more than another generic medical examiner show. There are SO many of these right now anyway. The characters dont seem to interact well at all, infact they just annoy me most of the time. The plots are too similar, and unoriginal in the world of medical drama. I dont think even adding a new character or a major plot arc would save the show, a failed attempt to capitalize on the recent medical drama buzz.

Frankly, the only reason I watched it, twice, was because it comes on before House and I was curious. I beleive it will not be renewed, and I will be glad.
  • A brooding, yet sexy FBI agent and socially inept forensic anthropologist and her team meet up to solve crimes that others may deem impossible.

Though not this may not be a completely original premise for a show, it's nicely done. The characters are fun to watch, especially Brennan and her complete lack of knowledge about pop culture (her repeated claims of "I don't know who/what that is", delivered straight, are hilarious). David Boreanaz, as Agent Booth, may be pretty much playing anoter version of Angel (Brooding? Frustrated? Trying to find redemption after a bloody past? Check, check and check) but it works well in this context. The show is both interesting and funny, which is why I faithfully ignore other great shows in order to tune in weekly.
  • Boring Boring Boring

5.2
    I thought this would be a good show. I stopped watching it -- too much like CSI - and the guy who used to be Angel -- they got him acting like a jerk and like his previous part - a vampire. The acting is not smooth and it is just not working for me.
  • This makes for a good laugh, but I don’t think it’s supposed to.

0.1
    My husband recorded the first two episodes of this show a few weeks back, and all I have to say is that I can’t believe I wasted my time watching them. Actually, I didn’t even finish watching the second one. I had seen enough by then. The acting is off. The music is off. And so on. I couldn’t quite figure out why they chose the songs they did and why they were at the most unusual and awkward moments. And I don’t know how many times the main character brought up her dislike of psychology. The dialogue is simply underdeveloped and highly lacking. I can’t believe the network signed on for more episodes.
  • Sucks

0.0
    Do the writers have a day job writing bus schedules? The lead actress, espcially, needs to get into a nother line of work. Have you watched MEDIUM? Also a show based on the life of a 'real' person. Excellent show, but BONES? Bones should be cancelled. The story lines wouldn't be so bad if the dialogue wasn't so stupid and the actors could at least pretend to be acting.
  • I really liked the show, started to get into it, then RERUNS, we are only in October and I have already seen the same show 3 times!!!!!

I really liked the show, started to get into it,
    then RERUNS, we are only in October and I have already seen the same show 3 times!!!!! I can't stand when we start to get into a new show or a new season of our favorite show, and they start
    showing repeats in October, come on, give me a break!!!
  • The writers need some teeth. . .

2.5
    preferably, Angelus' fangs in their overpaid skinny necks. Terrible writing is something that most often just doesn't get better, and I shudder to think of the scripts already in the pipeline for this derivative idiot-fest.

I can't really do a full review of the pilot for Bones, because my wife finally, mercifully, hit the remote after 20 minutes of torture. Let's take the opening scene. A high-end SUV belonging to a nice-looking upper-middle-class man with a beautiful wife pulls up in front of a restaurant. The car explodes. For the next 15 minutes, every law enforcement official in the \"drama\" refers to him as \"the terrorist\", because he's originally from the Middle East.

After about 15 minutes, somebody says something like, \"you know, this may have been a murder, not a suicide bombing\".

This level of intelligence is sustained in every aspect of the pilot. And it\'s cutesy enough to turn stomachs. The detective (Boreanaz) calls scientists \"squints\" -- creative, huh? And in an attempt to ward off outcries of how badly the show\'s structure rips off \"X-Files\", Boreanaz refers to himself and Dr. Bones as \"Scully and Mulder\". As if the writers have become more creative by realizing that they copied another t.v. series.

This show stinks, despite some individually decent actors and a workable premise.
  • Over-produced, under-written, focus-groupped crap. This painful CSI-for-Buffy-fans is pretty ironic considering Fox also gave us The Simpsons episode where execs are shown flipping rival channels for "new and exciting ideas".

0.2
    Lets break it down. What is the problem with Bones?

Is it the glossy over-production?

Never since Starship Troopers has a cast and locations been so unilaterally pretty. Even Jorja Fox's ugly gap-toothed grin in CSI adds some ugly. And the least attractive cast member will happily flash you her bra if your rude to her. Yeah, that happens to me plenty when a girl wants my attention.

The ridiculous impractical sets designed solely to look good in a moody framed shot?

Bones, bones, bones. As if to ram home the incessant lame "Bones" jokes, every possible wall of their base has thousands upon thousands of Ikea storage boxes full of BONES! Walls 40ft high lined with boxes of bones. But not just boxes of bones. Moodily rear-lit boxes of bones!!!! Sure it's impractical and probably does the evidence damage, but DAMN if it doesn't look COOOOOOL.

The stiff, wooden acting?

Did Emily Deschanel take acting lessons from Matt LeBlanc in character as Joey? Does David Boringass have any other facial expressions aside from "brooding concentration" and "brooding smirk". Dialogue delivery is just plain awful, awful, awful. Especially during the climax where "Bones" goes loco.

The completely incompetent insulting writing?

Anybody see Kiss The Girls? Anyone wonder why there are big "No Smoking" signs in a gas station? In a room doused full of petrol, someone drops a lit Zippo. Why? Because they've just been shot. Muzzle-flash AND an open, lit zippo in a room full of flammable petrol fumes? Even Morgan Freeman knew better. Congratulations writers, if you hadn't conveniently side-stepped logic and reality, your main character just burned to death in the pilot.
    Arabs are terrorists first, murderers later? Thanks for setting back the ethnic diversity cause back 100 years.
    I don't know who Lenny Kravitz is but I can recognize the woman behind a tabloid political scandal from months ago, simply from her skull definition? Um.. yeah.

The stupid little cute catchphrases?

"I don't understand that."
    "Don't call me Bones."
    "Squints!"

Less is more.

The Super-duper Hi-Tec Hologram Phrom The Phuture?

Well, we'll need some "thing". CSI already does the flash-back/gory death dissemination thing, we need to copy that somehow, but how? I know, a cool totally unrealistic hologram that the military don't have but one of our 27 year old geniuses knocked up in her bedroom. Not only can it recreate an exact likeness of a person simply from sweeping generalisations, but it can also re-create the crime for us. Watch for it to solve our cases more and more in later episodes when the writing gets REALLY lazy.

The world inhabited by people who reach their career peak at 27 year old?

A world-travelling, lecturing, book-writing, kung-fu kicking, number one expert in forensic anthropoligist in her field at 27? Is there anything she can't do before she passes optimal child-bearing age?

A woman who can design holograms phrom the future by the same point in her life?

Yeah, sure.

So what's good about Bones? The prospect that it might not be back after the World Series. More people I know have tried to watch it then turned off "this crap" than have said they like it.

How can anyone like it? I'm not even sure Bones herself could solve that case.
  • I would rather sew my head to the carpet than watch another episode of Bones!

I would rather sew my head to the carpet than watch another episode of Bones! The pilot had no flow to it and the characters were in a bad need of personalities. The setting for the lab looked like a fine arts musuem, make it realistic. I could not watch this show again unless there were major changes.
  • I was a little disappointed by this-I had higher expectations from David Boreanaz, one of my favorites.

I looked forward to watching this show since I first saw the ads for it. It\'s disappointing that David Boreanaz would take such a plain role-especially after I loved his tormented character through seven seasons of Buffy and five seasons of Angel. I\'ll probably continue to watch it, because I get bored on Tuesday nights, but it really is just another crime show. CSI meets Law and Order or something...only way more bland. The fourth episode isn\'t even going to show until the first of November, which means that if the show hasn\'t hooked you yet, you have to wait another month to even give it a second shot. Probably not worth the time, sadly.
  • X Files rehash

2.1
    Didn't I see all this on The X Files?

A handsome FBI man on a mission..."To solve as many murders as the number of lives I took as a sniper."

A medical expert who relies on science to define her world. "I understand the dead better than I understand the living."

There are so many X Files elements! There's the quirky conspiracy dude, the tortured childhood with the 'vanished' family members, already a catch phrase, "I don't understand" (Not as good as The Truth is Out There, is it?) How many times did she say, "I don't understand?"

They even have a bald grouchy boss calling them in and chewing them out.

I predict that their unorthodox methods will get them into more hot water with the boss. I predict that he will eventually turn soft toward them, helping them out. We might even find out about his tortured past as well.

I can see it all coming. There will be smoldering looks between the FBI agent and the science girl. There will be rapidly escalating emotions between them. But something will stand in the way of their happiness...not wanting to jeopardize the work relationship, emotional damage from past tragedy, etc. etc. May she simply "won't understand" about dating.

If it stays on the air long enough, I predict a 'quest' to find out what happened to the missing parents. I predict that Bones will be seen caressing the skeletal remains when they are found by the lovely FBI man.

I would love to know how closely this is based on the life of Kathy Reichs. If her life is exactly like this, maybe someone should find Chris Carter and spank him for copying this woman's life when he created The X Files. And I'll apologize to her for saying this show is an X Files re-hash.

I think that instead of watching "Bones" again, I'll find a copy of one of Kathy Reichs' books and see for myself what she has to say.

By the way, does anyone understand why these gorgeous characters on TV are never married and seem content to spend entire nights piecing together skulls with Elmer's glue or working on new computer programs?
  • Ugh, that was painful. Angel fans, stay away.

I tuned in for David Boreanaz but he was the only decent thing in the show. The female lead is TERRIBLE and the character is so unlikable. They're trying to make her independent and strong and instead they made a character no one could possibly care about.

The writing was clunky, the use of music very awkward and the mystery uninvolving. Every single supporting character was irritating. The dialogue was painfully bad.

Just a complete waste of time.
  • Can't wait for the rest of the series!

I just watched the Pilot & I can't wait for fall to see the rest of this series. Please Fox, recognize that we need a full season of this show & plan the time slots accordingly! I'm so tired of reality, nanny/911, wife swapping, old celeb reality shows. We NEED this show on TV! It's a keeper all. Great Job Marti!
  • The magic of Bones

I first watched a Bones' episode totally by accident, when I was flipping through channels on tv. I fell in love with it. No, waiting anxiously for the show's sixth season to begin I bring myself to write a review about it.
    Bones is a great show. It has it all: humor, drama, angst, sexual tension; everything we love to see in a show.
    The Bones/Booth relationship is what kept me glued to the TV for the most part, but then I learned to like the whole squint squad, how could I not? In my opinion is what makes this show one of the best on recent television, it also shines light to the other characters of the show and their story plots. By the time I watched the second season I was totally gone without chance of return, the second season is by the way one of my favorites of the show until now.
    In spite of using some old formula for a tv show: the never ending UST between the main characters, the show inovated with its unique episodes and plots - I'm sure that most viewers were as stunned by the 100th episode as I was - and I hope that it continues with its uniqueness until the end.
  • Bones is about Temperance Brennan, a Forensic Anthropologist. She solves murders with her FBI partner Special Agent Seeley Booth. They share the screen with several crazy, but lovable characters that assist in catching the murderers and serving justice

I have to honestly say that Bones is one of my all time favorite shows. I was never really into murder mystery series's, I guess I never considered watching those kinds as entertaining. If anything I found them depressing. I absolutely love Bones though. It has an entertaining cast that draws you in from episode one. Through the series I have watched the characters grow, as well as the relationships between them. That is a rare quality in most crime shows. I love the Human element, and the chemistry of the actors and the characters that they portray, especially Both and Brennan. All I can say is that I wait on baited breath for the next episode.
  • Freaks and geeks who are ridiculously gorgeous, gory human remains, and probably the best chemistry between 2 most unlikely couple in TV universe. Or if you prefer short, Mulder and Scully in a whole new perspective.

I was having my lunch some weekend and flipping through channels, when I eventually stop at this scene where a group of people in some sort of lab was poking some crush human remains. It's not a pretty sight, especially when you're having lunch at the time. But Lords knows why I continue watching and completely abandon my lunch. Later on I found out that the scene was from "Spacemen in the Crater" from Bones season 1 episode 19. The rest is history and I'm hooked ever since. I'm always been a big fan of this sort of odd couple on screen and not many out there that can pull off the right chemistry like Brennan/Booth. They come in second after Mulder/Scully of course, my all time favorite show on TV back in the day where freaks and geeks don't usually put on primetime TV. But despite all the fuss about URST between Brennan/Booth, my loyalty in the show must lay in the hand of those remains that waiting to be discover through out the season and the barter between the squints who inhabit the Jeffersonian Medico-Legal Lab.
  • Great show... original characters. Very interesting story-lines.

Very orignal series with actors/characters to match! Can't get enough! Hope tis series lasts for many more years to come..... AND I hope that Brennan and Booth wake up to reality and finally really see each other as the perfect match that they are...... well, at least I hope the writers do!!
    Never really thought about everything that your bones could tell about you.... even after death... but the way it's done in this series makes it all seem so logical and interesting to watch. That's a hard combination!!Okay, the romance scenes are great too! Interaction with co-workers puts an interesting and exciting spin on the show. Can't wait for the new shows to air.... keep up the great work team!
  • One of my favourite show ever!!

This show is amazing, it's serious, it's funny, it's everything you want it to be!!! From the beggining, you fall for the character and you like them so much that it's annoying. My favorite character is Bones (of course) she's so intelligent with bones and so stupid with people: it's really hilarious and Buce is so the opposite and they are working so well and bad together at the same. I got to say this show is one of my favourite ever, you never get bored. I bought season 1 and 2 in dvd and I watch it like cd after cd, all evening, it really is AMAZING!!

A must watch for all!!!
  • About a great forensic anthropologist and her partner an fbi agent solving crimes of unidenified bodies.

Bones is awesome and not going down hill! I watch the episodes every night and i havent missed one yet!Bones and Booth are so cute together and they are an awesome team together!They inspired me to become a detective!It teaches me new things every day
    !I luv it!Booth and Brennan are great characters and i hope it never goes off the air!It helps me everyday!I have done great in school because of it!I can pronounce a bunch of new words now! IT makes me think of everday life and the people who need help but cant get it!Thats why it inspired me to become a detective or fbi agent!
  • Great mix of science, crime fighting, drama, and humor.

Bones is definitely one of my favorite shows currently on. It's much more interesting than any of the other CSI shows out there, with a much better cast and much better writing. It falters here and there, as any show does, but overall it's quite consistently good. The cases are interesting and keep you guessing... but how they work in the character interactions and relationships is what makes this an above average show. I think the writers are running out of ways to keep the B+B relationship interesting, which is unfortunate, but I understand how hard it must be to keep that going for 5 years. I'd say my biggest gripe with the show is when they try too hard to be edgy and over the top. They're just not good at that. The dream episode... Gormagon... Booth's "death"... his tumor... even things like Angela being bisexual (wtf? she dates a girl for a few weeks, and then she's back to men... uhh...) were all just attempts at being edgy that knocked them straight back on their asses. Edgy is great if you know how to do it... but Bones is better at sticking to the normal path.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13