Bones

Thursday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 13, 2005 In Season

layle1

Bones Fan Reviews (910)

• Actors moving on.

If Daly wanted to move on that is understandable. As far as killing him off and bringing a pregnant Daisy in, that was just an unneeded addition to the storyline. The show has been struggling for the last few years. A note to all TV producers: Multiple episodes are irritating to viewers and even more so when the show goes into syndication. Another problem is that most people watch these shows to see their favorite characters solve cases and defeat the villain. The super villain that takes a whole season or longer to catch is just boring and the average fan a resolution at the end of each episode.
  • show is getting worse and worse

i don't care about Sweets being killed off if the actor wanted to leave, but this was done badly, didn't even bring a tear to my eye and i cry at many shows, but this way it was more a joke, for the added higher drama they make him a father to be, pointless! and so predictable! they are ruining a once great show, time to stop...
  • Broken Bones

Perhaps the actor was ready to move on, but the show is going to be lost without Sweets. They may have just as well killed off Bones or Seeley. Ultimately these characters would be easier to replace because they have grown to become less unique. Sweets on the over hand was unusual more so than the rest. Basically they have ruined the show. It is not worth really watching anymore and time for it to be cancelled. The show reached its end before it came to an end. It is really hard to tell a story when you are killing off the main characters that are holding the story together. Dumb! Perhaps they can just kill off each of the actors one by one; blow up the lab, and leave Bones lost on some mountaintop while the greater powers of evil take over. Could be a better story line then the one they got going.
  • All the ones whinging about Sweets.....

if you bother to read the interview with both John Francis Daley (Sweets) and the director you will find that John asked to leave the show as he wants to concentrate on directing and I too was very sad that Sweets shed a tear or actors move show survived after Wendall was killed by the assasin, it will survive the best to John in his future endeavors..
  • The Death of Sweets

You should have never killed off Sweets. No one on the show should be eliminated they all blend so well together. I really don't want to watch the show ever again. Shame, Shame on the person who made this decision. My mom who 92 loves the show and also said she will not watch it ever again.

Bring Sweets back....... You made a big mistake and guess what you will pay for it.....
  • WHY?????

Why would you Kill Sweets? Did it have to be so cruel can't watch anymore. You've destroyed am sick about this. You could of just sent him away, this was uncalled be so cruel...... totally uncalled for
  • I'm Out! Bones is in a nose dive...

In my opinion this will be the last season and I won't be watching it. There was a certain dynamic between Booth and Sweets that was just what this show needed. As far as murder solving goes, there are many, many shows with that storyline including many real life stories, so the writers need to give us something more than just that. I agree with someone's earlier statement that the psychology offered by Sweets balanced the other characters. The only really interesting characters in my opinion are Booth and Sweets. Take Sweets out and the other characters fall flat and leave Booth with a void that can't be filled. After all Sweets really looked up to him and wouldn't have been in the crossfire if Booth wouldn't have went against his advice and asked for his help anyway. So does Booth live with that guilt or do the writers ignore the fact that Booth went against Sweets advice ultimately playing a part in his death? Sweets had a great personality and a positive outlook in very grim surroundings. Without him it is a very dark place to spend an hour watching. It is even darker now that he has left behind an unborn baby. The opening displayed too much tragedy and heart break. One writer promises to make it up but I have lost interest. Sweets is an irreplaceable character in my opinion. The worst part in my mind is that Sweets death is tied to Booth. Those characters need each other. Just won't be the same without Sweets. Seeing that character in that body bag in the end sealed the deal for me. I'm out. Lastly, I also agree that Brennan should have shown some growth by now. My God she is married to an awesome guy and has a daughter now. The unchanging rude and robotic characteristics of Brennan are annoying and boring. If more blood, guts and death of beloved characters is the exciting future of this show that is all the more reason not to watch. There really isn't anything left to write about.
  • Agreed - Bones is a Bust!!

I cannot believe you killed off the only decent person on the show!!! He became one of my favorites. If he wanted to do other things, you could have sent him on a sabbatical or something. Just bring him back. Whose stupid idea was it to kill the poor guy?!? And yes, with a baby coming? Not happy with this show. You messed it up.
  • Bones is a bust!!!!!!

I don't think I can watch Bones anymore, Sweets in a body bag didn't leave much room his character to ever come back not even through a "conspiracy" storyline. His character played an integral part to every other character on the show. I'm so disappointed.
  • Bones S10X1 "The Conspiracy in the Corpse"!

[Premiere] Bones S10X1 "The Conspiracy in the Corpse"! >> 5XRYy
  • They Killed him

OMG They Killed Sweets of all the people in the play play world, i'm so so so upset with the producers right now he's having a baby!!!!!
  • A bitter not so sweet

Why am I to ask the obvious. Who made the terrible decision to take away from a great ensemble cast a major player. Sweets is the glue which holds together the wacky characters created for this Bones TV show. I have been an avid watcher since episode one . Loving all the characters places an unbearable void in me.. Someone wants to put the show-Bones to an early grave.
  • Goodbye my Sweets

How could you kill Sweets? I have been watching Bones since it started but killing Sweets was extremely upsetting to both me and my daughter. We both really like him and his character. Worse thing you could have done. Not sure if I want to watch any more.
  • Well now...

So you kill off the shrink that actually gave a little clever humor to the show? Thanks. I now have an hour of free time now on my Thursday nights.
  • Killed off

I can't believe they killed Sweets. He was my be watching any more
  • Sweets getting killed off

Omg why did they kill sweets off:(
  • I had my share...

5.5
    Of detective shows already. Though I like this one beacuse of the idea (investigate a crime through the victim's bones), TV is flooded with this shows. From CSI to Criminal Minds is hard to find a really original one.
  • Episode 7 & 13

I love Bones from Season 1 to Season 9. But I love much this two episode the 7 & 13. Seeley Booth wearing our native shirt Barong Tagalog during their honeymoon in Buenas Aires. I love it and proud of it... And this Episode 13 really struck me BIG IN THE Philippines... Big WOW on me... So proud again... Davao City mention, our country and the language that we spoke "TAGALOG"... its a ghost bumps... ILOVEYOU BONES... To the writer, the Producer and actors and actresses... Thank you very much to choose our country to be the title of this episode BIG IN THE PHILIPPINES... PROUD TO BE PINOY... PROUD TO BE BONE'S FANS... LOVE IT... Dr. Temperance Brennan and Seeley Booth ILOVEYOUALL..
  • Horrible!!!

This show is really a bust. I loved the first seasons, now is just a horrible show. The show is too long, with no enthusiastic cases, it is just plain bad and boring. Also what really strikes me on this show is precisely the main character, Bones, she is a mean person, a know-at-all with no respect or whatsoever for people and their feelings, and she is just damn mean and a horrifying person. Truly, she portraits a person that in really live no one would love or care for. It is ridicules that they keep that character as the main character. Both I and many of my acquaintances just stop watching an episode or the entire show because it is unbearable to see a show with such a bad and ridicules character as Bones.
  • GrEat ShOw!!

Love the show don't change as for you whinny people out there your going to ruin it with your negative comments and they'll cancel another great show. If you don't like the show don't watch it. I truly enjoy all the characters Bones and Booth they make the show that's why its been on for so long!
  • Always happens

The shows are great until they have to give production rights to the main characters and boom, the show suffers. Then as soon as the show starts running out of plots, the main characters have to get married and have kids ( when the whole basis of the series was them working together). Was a great show.
  • what have you done to me

omg I hate cliffhangers so much, let the haters hate I love this show, and the conspiracies now with govt I love it :)
  • ENOUGH of the FLUFF! We want action, danger and more of the tough FBI version of Booth!

Bones needs to make EVERY epi in Season 10 as exciting as finale or it will not get to have a Season 11. Just like NCIS I feel the Bones writers have become super lazy and complacent in the writing. I agree w reviewers who said the first few seasons were the BEST. Well written w perfect combo of action, sexy tough Booth, danger and the best serial villains on TV! But ever since Hart Hansen et al started to focus on only getting B n B together, the show became boring, predictable FLUFF. Season 10 finale was hands down one of the best episodes of the entire series cz it was realistic danger, hot sexy amazing Ranger Booth and I found myself nervous WITH him. Kudos to DB for amazing directing of the epi.

I wish producers wld read more reviews like these to see what the viewers want because it wld help them improve the right things and keep the FANS happy since happy viewers = higher ratings. I wish NCIS and Bones producers wld hire a few fresh new writers to add to the mix and light a darn fire under the current writers who are stuck in their lazy, predictable, boring ways. I want BOTH shows to be around for a few more years and they won't be unless this happens.

Oh and I wish Emily wld get a cuter hair cut and get bangs again cz it makes her eyes pop so much more (look at pics of her w bangs and curls. Her hair rt now does nothing to frame her gorgeous face and the straight no bangs look makes her look tired and drawn.
  • Jump the Shark for sure.

The finale was just too far fetched, even for Bones. I'm done with it.
  • Wrong, wrong. This show has too many issues

First off, the show feels like it has had its run for too long. They probally should have made a finale in season 9 since the show has jumped the shark in a way. Also, the 2 main characters dont have the right chemistry together to me. Plus, the show is trying to be a comedy but crime shows do not mix with those (except for the few rare exceptions on other shows). The show needs to pick itself up for season 10. FOX needs to in order to keep the show going.
  • Looks like 10th season will be Sit-Com with fake laugh tracks.

Looks like 10th season will be Sit-Com with fake laugh tracks etc.
  • Bones show becoming way too political...

I used to love this show. And I like that Brennan is an Aspie (Asperger's). But lately the liberal subliminal messaging has become right out in the open in the story line. From pushing medical marijuana to bashing rich people and companies, the writers are showing their colors as true Obama's sycophants. I have had enough. Hollywood doesn't understand the real world. And what's worse, just like Obama, they think they know what is best for the people to think. What's next, talking about the Right's (false) "war on women"?

Please just give us good stories... leave politics to the people.
  • Great show

I guess you guys really haven't looked into Bones character. She is portrayed to have Asperger's Syndrome. That is why she is the way she is. It keeps it interesting. I absolutely love this show!
  • Bones- The most annoying TV show I have ever seen

2.5
    I am in the middle of watching the latest episode of Bones and it just hit me- I HATE TEMPERANCE BRENNAN! She has become annoying know it all I don't know why I didn't notice this before. I was big fan of this show in the first 5 or 6 season. I thought the relationship between Booth and Temperance was the most adult relationship I have seen in any TV show. It was based on trust mutual admiration from one another it's the kind relationship everyone should strive to achieve, but lately the main character Temperance has been pushing my buttons. She is a complete know it all she knows bones archaeology match and apparently she can do Booth's job too knowing martial arts knows how to use a gun she goes on Booth's missions puts herself in danger because she can do Booths' job better than he does forget that he has military training years of experience I mean really what kind of FBI agent brings a civilian let alone a forensic anthropologist along to go on mission to chase the bad guy apperently FBI agent Seeley Booth does and for a smart person like Dr Brennan to chase a suspect without a gun when Booth is screaming "Bones stop!" and to tackle him all by herself is really stupid! Dr Brennan is perfect TOO PERFECT!! She can do no wrong she should have her own comic book at Marvel or DC comics because that's what she is now a comic book character. The show really irks me, the supporting cast are just really there to fill in the minutes sure they'll do a special episode for Dr Hodgins or angela or Dr Soroyan but really there just there as Bones yes men nothing really interesting all in all the science in the show is great but the characters have become stale and Bones has become the most annoying character in TV today
  • Bones Character more arrogant

Yes, I agree, the character of Dr Brennen has become a real arrogant rude jerk. One would think after being around the others all these years her character would change, but they have made her even more of an arrogant jerk.