Thursday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Sep 13, 2005 In Season

Bones Fan Reviews (974)

• Bones jumped the shark!

That cross over with Sleepy Hollow was horrendous. Bones paired with Crane, a resurrected man! Bones is all hard science and facts, Sleepy Hollow is not. Who though it was a good idea to cross them?! This is the beginning of the end for Bones. I am not sure I will continue to watch.
  • Sleepy Hollow and Bones? Yawn

This may or may not be the last season for Bones on Fox, but it is for me unless some changes are made. First, the episode with Sleepy Hollow was way too contrived. Secondly, since the character of Bones began the change in her vocal intonations, I just can't stand her. What's up with the drawing out of her words? It's annoying and unpleasant. The other characters speak just fine. Bones used to - not anymore. The return of Bones and Booth to their original jobs was also too contrived. If Bones continue to speak as she has been the past few seasons, I am out of here! I love the other characters - no fault there. I am tired of tooth fairy crap. I don't know how Booth stands her.
  • Got a Bone to Pick with You

I love Bones but it does present a very skewed & MFA version of scientists. First of all a scientist woud never give their 'theory' when proposing a hypothesis because they would know the difference. And scientists speak like other people - based on where thery're from and the vernacular they're comfortable with. I cannot imagine anyone but an obsessive English major using a word like albeit in conversation - in a paper maybe, but not out loud, Sometimes the dialog makes me laugh and not in a good way.
  • The show is a platform for Anti-Science

I just got to season 9, episode 10. As a scientist throughout the series I've noticed many scientific inaccuracies throughout the show. At first I thought they were purposeful nods because it would be numeral facts skewed by a digit. Then the actress/producer's vegetarian views came into play, followed by her trendy organic views. This is where the line is drawn. As a food scientist and a scientist, I'm appalled that these inaccuracies are allowed on television. I understand that it's fiction, but it's presented as fact. This show has become a platform for a wealthy actress who's been swept up in Hollywood trends to spread her inaccurate information. She has a bunch of "scientists" sitting around and talking anti-science. She needs to apologize to all the populations she's mislead and misrepresented. Shame on you Emily Deschanel. I was excited to send this episode to my peers, but this is embarrassing :(
  • Time to put the Skeleton Back in the Closet

Well, hearing that this may be the last season is not a disappointment after watching episode 3. The first two aren't bad, but then this one. How Angela would be praised for that picture is beyond the Bones writers and staff don't like art? And stealing organs from already dead bodies for sale? I have a feeling that the woman this show was patterned after has left the building already. It shows. I will rate now the show as a whole and not just the last few episodes. It was great eleven years ago, but so much.
  • Amazing show

After the "Angel" cancellation, David Boreanaz joined the show and played Seeley Booth. I liked this show, especially David, he's really cool.
  • Get Your Facts Straight

I will no longer watch Bones. If they can't get simple facts correct about Catholic and Amish religions, then they certainly cannot get forensics even close to accurate. I won't get into the Amish errors and insults, but to claim the Roman Catholic Pope takes a vow of poverty is absolutely ridiculous. This is so basic that Bones' producers should be embarrassed. A simple online search would've given these facts:

Does the pope take a vow of poverty?

No, the pope does not take a vow of poverty. However, in 2001, the Vatican revealed that the pope also does not receive a salary (source). The Vatican budgets provide for the pope's material needs and he does not receive a salary on top of that. In John Paul II's will, he revealed that, with the exception of personal papers and odds and ends, he did not leave behind any personal property of which it was necessary to dispose.

Recommended reading:

All the Pope's Men by John L. Allen Jr.

Recent apologetics answers by Michelle Arnold

One can only conclude that Bones producers' were purposely disrespectful, so much so that they didn't bother to conduct simple research expected of qualified television professionals, or they chose to disregard facts for their own anti-Catholic agenda. Thanks for disappointing a large part of your audience.

Please don't stop bones. Lots of people love bones.
  • Bones

"Bones" Season 11 premiered Thursday, Oct. 1, 2015 and is set to air a highly anticipated Episode 2. However, rumours suggest that the eleventh instalment might be the end of the Fox's crime drama. While authorities are yet to confirm the rumours, leading star David Boreanaz thinks the series should wrap up after this season. Read on for more details. Also, check out the spoilers for "Bones" Season 11 Episode 2 below. And find out where to watch it online through live stream.
  • Cher....

Please, please have the prosecutor stop pronouncing the word "Cher" as it sounds. It is pronounced "Shy". It is a Cajun term of endearment and being a Cajun myself, hearing it continuously mispronounced is very irritating. Other than that we LOVE Bones!!!
  • The #1 show i watch

I would hate to see Bones canceled, i love it. I have watched this show since it first aired. This show has inspired me to try to become a forensic anthropologist myself, not quite there yet though. The one thing I hated was when sweets died. He was one of my top five favorite characters. His death made me cry as if I have lost a loved one, and i know exactly how that feels.
  • Dont Cancel the show!

Please dont cancel this show- too many times I've seen great shows being canceled just to see crap shows replace them. This is a FANTASTIC show!
  • Fantastic show

I really enjoy bones i have been watching it since i was 10 I love the cast and crew, they do a fantastic job on the episodes and the story line. thumbs up Bones.
  • great show

wait for season finale
  • Quite a big diappointment

I was very disappointed in the last episode of Bones (live in UK so a bit behind) that the writers as well as the network would allow the constant assault on Religion from Temperance. The latest was a comparison between Communion and an Imaginary tea party. Really??? Then they proceed to promote a physic fortune teller as fact and that combined with science is the real answer. If it was the other way around and Temperance was a Christian promoting Religion, we would have every single Atheist filing a complaint with the FCC and the station stating that we were forcing this down their throats. I feel it is such discrimination that I am having to watch Christianity mocked and Fortune Telling Mumbo Jumbo endorsed that whilst I was interested in the intricate plots the writers presented, I have lost all interest if they feel the necessity to mock something as personal as a persons Religion.
  • More Hollywood crap?

Unless this disgusting part is in the book, then the writers have allowed another happy couple to split. What about the previous shows that show how much Bones and Booth support each other? That was thrown out the window when Bones banished Booth from their house after he placed a bet while under cover. What gives? Most of us females out here would do just about anything to have a loving relationship like Bones and Booth have. Bones did not even offer support for his problem! Let's FIX this!!
  • I will still watch faithfully but Im not rushing to the tv anymore

I used to literally rush to the tv the minute I got a chance to watch Bones after it aired, now it aired at least 3-4 days and i still have yet to even start it. I still love the characters, Angela and Hodgins will always have a place in my heart and Temperance is who she is and she never feels bad about that. They will keep me as a viewer until the end but I sad to say I think it may need to end they can come up with some kind of twist
  • What's going on? Somebody tell me what going on!

Somebody help me with this. I saw some earlier episodes and it seems like Temperance acted more human then she does now. She talked like a real person. Now she sounds like a nasal mess who talks like a robot. She also treated people better in the beginning and now she speaks like shes soooo smart and most everyone else are idiots. And for someone who only went into the foster system as a teenage, she acts like she lived in a closet. Come on!!! I really like the show but they need to show Emily her earlier tape s and have her shed the robot image. Why does she have to talk like a nasal mess? Oh and why did they kill off Sweets. You could have given him a break
  • Put a fork in it

A once interesting show that has lost its spark. Stale and predictable now. Time to sign off.
  • This Has Got To Stop!

This show used to be good, Now it stinks (Seasons 8-9 and so far 10). The story lines and plots are now boring and unbelievable. B&B never should have gotten married or connected sexually until the end of the series. They never should have Killed off Sweets, just let him go away for a while. Now Zack can never come back - unless his remains are found and they discover a new killer on the hunt etc. I used to think the most unlikeable, moronic character on the show was Daisy, she is so annoying, (almost as much as Dr. Brennen has become recently). However, now they have a male version of her via the Aubrey character, this is really getting ridiculous. Now Booth who has somehow become weaker after going to prison and watching he friend die is supposed to relapse into his old gambling habit, This guy supposedly has been to war and war zones, killed over 50 men and seem many friends die. They already nullify his greatness and take away from his strong points by making him out to be a buffoon most of the time. All the main characters are starting to look very old and tired, like they want the show to end too. I think the only thing that could bring a spark back would be to have some type of cross over episode with the new X-files miniseries next year (If the show gets renewed). You know, like both teams looking to catch the most heinous criminal ever could be comical and serious at the same time? They could even bring back the Hannah and Zack characters as the link between the two shows- only to have them both die off , of course, like they love to do on Bones. They could even have Booth die trying to save them and then end the show for good. PS. I don't want to a watch a crime drama about putt putt golf or left wing Please Just Stop it!
  • Needs evaluation.

i have been a huge fan of bones from the very beginning and i will still watch it till the last episodes last minute and cry when ends...

bones had lots of promise but since season 5 its been declining, the storylines, charachter arcs everything seems forced like tying up loose ends. if u start counting errors there are just too many . I will recount a few thats bugging me a lot though

Zach was not the killer, sweets knew it and did nothing, what the hell was that? Sweets was all about helping others. with sweets death a closure for zachs story is lost forever.

Over the top conspiracy plots needs to be excluded, keep the series real at least TV real. Gormogon, Grave digger and so on are good plots but some of the conspiracy plots and the way it has been solved are too hard to swallow so please steer clear from it. its just killing the buzz.

but my real problem started this season. I cried when sweets died. teared up took many a tissue and balled up. but later on the sweets death arc was just too much to take on sweets died.. yeah they were affected, but u dont have to shove it down our throats at every other episode. Come on people move on ...

Bones immaturity about worldly know how was enduring and loveable and so so natural now its so forced and unnatural. it just looks like the writers are trying to recreate the bones in the beginning of the series.

the chemistry between booth and Brennan has fizzled out ,( they look like barbie and ken -plastic doll like , shud be together coz the creators/writers want them to be)

it pains me to tell this its high time they pulled the plug on this series. it just doesn't have its footing anymore. Go out with dignity .
  • The interest still keeps going but...

For me, this has to be one of the few tv series that has reached its 10th season while still being interesting and true to its originality. OK, John Francis Daley wanted to left the show and apparently, killing his character would be the best way to do it. Considering this, the idea was somewhat inevittable but maybe the execution wasn't as best as it could be. Now what effect will this have on the other characters is still to be seen.

Whether Bones will actually choose one intern or not, has been on discussions for much time. Personally i could like it either way, as i don't really favour any of them as i favour the rest of the gang. I find Booth and Hodgins the most descent characters of the show. Brennan is intelligent but she has turned out to be a little annoying some times. On the other hand, Cam would be the most out-of-place character in the series. There are many times in which you really wonder what's her role and what she offers in the plot and in the team. The series could go beyond season 10 but that won't be easy. In case it won't, Season 10 can very well have the development and the end this series deserves.

PS I don't think Zack's return would serve any purpose now, but what could be done is giving him a closure (as he admitted to Sweets he was not the real killer back then) or killing him. I just imagine an episode where victim's identity turns out to be Zack and then having Bones and the others finding out who killed him.

• Wellllllllllll...

I have always passively watched many TV programs, that caught my attention. Bones is no different. I decided to binge the entire series, to catch up. What I noticed, with the advance of each episode, there was/is a decline of the two main characters. Ex: During the first several seasons, it was ok for Bones' character to be very factual, as she buried all emotional pain from her dysfunctional childhood. However, one would think, due to her constant and close interaction with Booth and the other "Squints", she would display some growth and understanding of people and "how they see and feel". To me her character became more stubborn, while pointing out others stubborness'. She showed childlike jealousies if she was not the central "smart" person in the room/world. There is more I could point out, but lets look at self-righteous Booth. Bottom line, if not part of his inner circle, you are guilty and wrong. I could detail more of my thoughts, but I will conclude with, I really enjoy the show, I expect it to last at least one more season. Lastly, I think Michaela Conlin (Angela) is a doll.

• please keep making bones

i love this show, its like the only thing i look forward to on my free time.
  • Please stop using a great show for personal messaging because you are killing it!

The vast majority of Bones episodes over the first 9 seasons were great but, as with any show that goes that long, there were a couple of clunkers. The producers, directors, and writers are mistaken if they believe that those of us who are serious fans enjoy shows like the Booth Coma Nightclub dream or the 200th fiasco. When you folks stick with the basic premise, you have a guaranteed winner. When you go to these alternative format episodes, you make the actors appear amateurish, the writers as buffoons, and then producers and directors as just plain stupid. There are so many scenarios that could be used without having to delve into sending subliminal messages about political posturing, social issues, or left/right wing blustering. Stop taking away from a guaranteed winner because you folks are turning it into a loser when it should and would have at least a few more seasons to go.
  • bones

When first started, it was great bones has growen up about things with booth and angelias help

but after they wrote zack off just wasn't the stories have been good but zack made it

Bring zack bacl. Miss sweets too.

• really loved that show

but it got worse and worse through the last 3 seasons or even for a longer time. Temperance is not what she used to be and the writing is horrible now! Why?
  • Lacking emotions and Alpha Male Tendency

I had surgery in 2011 and I came across this show. Immediately I fell in love with Booth and Bones. I believe it was season 4 anyway, I was so caught up I stayed up an entire weekend and without any sleep I watched from season 1 on. I use to set my DVR do I wouldn't miss an eps. If I wasn't home. Season 10 not really interested. When I each reruns if the earlier show Bones' tone was much more human than the way she talks now. Booth just doesn't seem to be as in love with her as he once was in the past. She seems more stiff now. Booth was once a take no prisoner type but now it seems this guy Aubrey is running things. Since when does Booth let an agent assign himself to a case or talk to him as they are equals. I thought Booth was the boss and Aubrey was assigned to his team. What makes Aubrey privy to reading Booth file. All of these new characters aren't really showing a need to be there. And please tell me why Cam can't be involved with anyone other than an intern? Since when did Booth/Bones get so close to Sweets that he named their kid after Booth. Maybe the rioters should take a look at some if the fanfiction site and see what the fans are writing about. Most of those stories are better than what's airing on the tube. I rather watch previous season minus season 6 ( the beginning anyway) then the current season. I was hoping it would have proved from season 9 but maybe 10 should call it wrap.
  • Love bones or leave it alone

This is a medical show,cleverly woven with legal and personal plots . It's not about or middle of the road. Right wing John Burchers (spelling?) need not watch.
  • what were they thinking

What a waste of money and talent, what a load of rubbish.

A mega fan but now EXTREMELY disappointed.

Was this the end ??????????????????