Bones

The Boneless Bride in the River

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 21, 2007 on FOX

• A very unusual case involving a fascinating Chinese custom. Thankfully Sully hits the road… or the ocean as the case may be.

I must admit I've never heard about this custom and I have a best friend who is Chinese. It must be pretty rare these days but it's certainly a fascinating one except that the origin of the woman's bones are a very obvious concern. If a woman's bones cannot be found, it's not a reach for desperate people to turn to the black market and $25,000 is a lot of money.

It didn't occur to the local cops not to open the locked trunk and contaminate the contents. As if to make matters worse, they open it a second time with Booth and Brennan standing there.

The supposed killer is very impressive, awesome fight and evade skills. It's quite funny when he drops the cryptic routine and acts normally and everything he did makes sense and proves that the killer is actually the mail-order bride lady.

I originally liked the whole Sullivan/Brennan thing but now the writers are using too much of the story on it and it's getting in the way of the actual crime story which is why we watch it. This has been a problem in several episodes recently. It is, however, introducing unmistakable jealousy in Booth, evidenced by his constant interruption of Brennan's vacation. Sully says he wants Brennan to go away with him but he made a huge life-altering decision about his future which he is going to do with or without her, this isn't a relationship or he would have at least told her before making the decision.

Angela's picture of the 'couple' was very sweet. She's right about it being a nice idea, almost romantic in a soul-mate kind of way, I like it.

Much as I liked Sully, I'm not sorry to see him go. Now the focus can get back where it should be – on the crimes and Booth/Bones.
MNT