Bones

The Bump in the Road

Aired Unknown Apr 09, 2012 on FOX

• Jumping the shark

This episode is definitely jumping the shark. The episode is... weak. The story seems to be so trivial even if at the beginning it seems to be complicated. This is not the first time it happens in this season. The baby thing is an exageration. He is an FBI agent, she is a well-known scientist in Jeffersonian Institute. Their personal life can not interfere with the job and look what happened during the arresting of the perp. The baby thing spoiled the show and it began quite promising by introducing a new intern. Still I will be watching but its heydays the show had two, three years ago. Right now it's quite mediocre.
  • very good

Lately I felt that bones episodes were not as good as before, but this week it kept me watching all the way to end.

The case was not highly twisted nor very original, but still entertaining and funny with the coupon club. There is just the right amount of baby screen time and romance, not too much, just enough to give a light touch to this episode. And bones looks much more happy than usual, it is nice to see that on screen since she is a bit gloomy usually.

The only thing I'd like to see is a main vilain for the season, but i'm sure it will come very soon.

Overall I'm very satisfied with this episode, and this show seems to have found its right course, proof that consuming a love story between two main characters is possible (yes I'm looking at you Castle !)