Bones

The Critic in the Cabernet

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 07, 2009 on FOX

• It brought tears to my eyes.

Wow, I don't say it was the best but I think it was a good episode. The only problem I have it that all of a sudden Brennan wants to have a child. No explanations. Her choice of a father is logical for so many reasons. Booth's reaction to her request is normal. He obviously wants to be involved. He and Brennan have such a history that it would be weird if he wouldn't be involved.

The scenes with Cam were hilarious. The one with the watermelon and her reaction to Brennan's news was just great. I also loved her concern for Booth. She was right as always. It was nice to see Sweets listen to Booth as a friend. The last scenes brought tears to my eyes. I just loved seeing Booth looking for Brennan to appear and then give her his best and sweet smile. Brennan was well, Brennan, but that's the way she is. You can't ask more from her. Poor Booth. He's such a great man that he doesn't deserve that. I wish I could see Brennan cry, break. I know it's not how she's built but at least the writers owe it to us after WITW. It would be normal for her to just let it out. Hopefully, next season.
MNT