Bones

The Finger in the Nest

Aired Unknown Sep 17, 2008 on FOX

• A nasty 'sport'

I really love this episode - not for the crime and its background which is abominable - but for the relationship between Booth and Parker. He really is a great dad and the interacion betwen the actors is very natural.Perhaps this is because Boreanaz is also a father.
    The revelation that Parker was having girl trouble really amused me. There was an older girl who thought he was cute and carried him round at recess. The reason I found this so funny is that my four year-old grandson has much the same problem with an older girl who finds him cute - though luckily she doesn't carry him round.
    Dog fighting is an abominable practice. I once had care of a rescue Staffie who had been used in dog fighting - he had a slit ear and no teeth on one side of his jaw. He was a heck of a character but attacked any dog bigger than himself. He had obviously been starved as he constantly stole and hid food.
    The end scene where Brennan with Booth's help buries the luckless Ripley was moving. Booth really can be very tender and caring. Love her remark to him that he was like the dog 'You have reassuring brown eyes and are capable of great violence'. 'Thanks a million'!