Bones

The Ghost in the Machine

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Dec 03, 2012 on FOX

6.2
  • Condolences to the cast

Let me preface this with a disclaimer. I have never been distrurbed enough to sign up for a site just to voice my opinion. I figure my opinion is just that: mine , and others are welcome to their's , especially when it comes to viewing choices. Having said that, this episode of Bones was so so bad I just had to say something.

I like Bones, it is usually an enjoyable easy watch, despite the the slide towards unabashed product placement. However this "Ghost" episode was just painful. I would go as far as to say it was bad enough to insult and potentially alienate casual viewers. I would wager that none of the cast would like to watch it more than once.

The approach is a writing assignement often given to middle school children to to introduce the concept of a different POV. The key is to introdue the concept, not to pretend that it is somehow awesomely artistic.

I can't help but think of the geniuses who thought the Gieco cavemen would make a good series. Not sure who decided to air this, or to bother to edit it once it was shot, but I sincerely hope they don't have any input on any shows I see in the future.

What specifically made it so so bad?: Laughable " cloudy transitions", weak plot, painfully awkward acting and a really sophmoric theme.

Possibly the lamesest episode of any show I have had the misfortune to watch.