The Killer in the Concrete

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 04, 2007 on FOX

• Another great episode about Brennan's father.

Brennan's father shows up again and seems determined to convince Brennan he's not a monster, as if that would be possible given the violent murders he's committed. Booth actually tells Brennan to forgive her father. It's not like these murders were years ago and he's showing genuine remorse – this was months ago and he's shameless about it. Doesn't matter that these were criminals, it's still cold-blooded premeditated murder. I'm proud of Brennan that every time he showed up, she called it in.

I will give you this, her father is quite impressive. He's not subtle but he gets things done. There are times when having a serious criminal in your family comes in handy. I was delighted by his "She reminds me of your mother!" comment – I am really starting to get curious about Brennan's mother.

This is a first – a considerate hitman?! Doesn't kill Booth and doesn't take his gun so Booth won't get in trouble for losing it!

The mystery surrounding Max keeps growing, I really like this storyline. The series is at it's best when it makes things personal.