Bones

The Killer in the Concrete

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 04, 2007 on FOX

• This is probably the best episode of both season one and two. It expands character development, is humorous, and is atypical of the show.

First, let me say that there is a quick scene in this episode that cracked me up. This means: I put the DVD on pause just so I could laugh. Its not very realistic, but the shot is really slapstick-comedy funny. (Cp. the bounty-hunter getting the carpet pulled out from under her)

Anyway, the plot is a little different because in this episode, Bones gets to be the rescuer and Booth is the one needing to be rescued. Fine point: Bones actually reacts to the fact that Booth needs rescuing; i.e. Bones is stressed and emotive. The development with Bones' father ties this episode to many of the subplots and such of the previous episodes. There is one glaring flaw: her father keeps appearing in her apartment. Well, you'd think after he'd done it once, the FBI would be ready for his next attempt. Apparently, he is not only a criminal, but Spider-Man.

There are some other minor unrealistic scenes in this episode, which purists will dislike. (For example, Booth is really Wolverine for the beating his head takes.) However, its TV - not string-theory physics class, so accept the improbable and enjoy the entertainment.

Finally, there is a neat treat getting to hear Bones sing a verse.
WGNA