Bones

The Man in the Cell

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 31, 2007 on FOX

• Epps escapes

In this episode of Bones, the following happens. When a fire breaks out in a prison, and a dead body is found, Bones and Booth are called in to investigate. They believe that the body is that of serial killer Epps. When Bones looks at the body, she says it does not belong to Epps. We soon learn that the body is in a burnt out fire outfit and that Epps has escaped in plain sight, dressed as a fire-fighter.
    They track down his wife, to learn that they have since divorced, and she turns down protection. After she leaves, Booth tells Bones that she also needs protection. Soon Booth sees that bones has a gun (and a huge one at that) and isn't happy about it. Then Epps phones Bones and Booth tries to trace the call. They trace it and get a location, but by the time they get there, he has already gone. But he leaves them a present, which turns out to be shaved bone. Then, back in the lab, Angela screams and the team see that she has received a human heart through the mail. Angela freaks out. Soon the clue point back to Epps's now ex-wife and when they go to see her, they find her head (and only her head) inside of a refrigerator. We soon learn that she was alive when her head was cut off. Bones soon learns that Booth has assigned 2 agents to follow her/them at all times. Then Cam finds something inside of the victim's ear, which is from where Parker (Booth's son) plays every day after school. And so Booth and Bones head straight there. They find the Nanny and Booth rushes onto the ride to find his son. But he isn't there. They soon see him going to get ice cream by himself. He then says that the man bought him an ice cream, who said he was his father's friend. When Cam and Zach start to open up the head, a powder disperses into the air, which Cam breathes in. She falls to the floor and starts to have a fit. They get her to the hospital, only to learn that she doesn't have much time to live. Epps rings Bones and offers her the cure for Cam, but changes his mind when he learns that they have his mother in custody. They soon track down where the body which belongs to the head his, and when Zach takes a bag off of her stomach, he actives a press switch, and so has to keep his hand on the body to stop it from going off. As Booth stays with him and when the bomb goes off, they are both still in close range. We then see a news report saying that Zach is dead and Booth is in critical condition. But we quickly learn that this is not true, as we see both of them sitting, alive and well in Bones's office. They soon learn what is the poison is and so they start Cam on the right drugs to cure her. When she comes round, Booth is there waiting for her. So Bones goes home and the FBI are keeping an eye on her, but is it really that safe? Of course not. As she is in the shower, we see someone climbing out of a wall, and we see that it is Epps. As he goes to kill her, she is waiting for him, with her big gun, and so is Booth. He throws the crow bar in his hand, and Epps jumps over the balcony. Booth manages to grab him, but can't hold him. Epps soon slips and fall to his death. As the episode ends we see Booth with Parker at the play ground, and Bones goes there to see Booth. We learn that Cam is being released from the hospital, and we learn that she and Booth are no longer a couple, as he blames himself for what happened to her.