Bones

The Man in the Wall

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 15, 2005 on FOX

• Bones and Angela get high ...... although its not their fault!

In this episode of Bones, the following happens. Angela and Bones (Brennan) go out to a club together and get into a fight with people and when Bones kicks a guy in to a wall, it collapses and reveals a dead body.
    Booth arrives there with Tessa, where we learn that Meth was in the wall and that both Angela and Bones are high because they breathed it in. Back in the lab, we learn that he died approx 6 weeks ago, and when he got stuck behind the wall, and breathed in the meth which then led to his death. Soon the victim is IDed as a local DJ, DJ Mount. We soon learn that the meth was pushed into his face and that led to his death. It was no accident, it was murder. We also learn that his girlfriend, Eve is missing and no one has seen her since the night that Mount went missing. Soon her body is found and we learn that the murderer is the manger of the record label that Mount was under. We also learn in this episode that Tessa and Booth have ended their relationship, which seems to have happened, because Angela spooked her out about her relationship with Booth becoming more serious.
  • No where near as good as the previous 5 episodes.

I've been really enjoying watching Bones and after 5 episodes I found out that this is a really great show. Unfortunately, this episode is below average, and I didn't like its storyline at all.

I don't quite know what happened here, the case didn't seem to interest me. Perhaps it is because it isn't as interesting as the previous ones and there are no great big plot twists.

The characters seemed to be a bit 1 dimensional (which Bones will gladely point out is "non existant, and exists only as a scientific quantatity"!) and uninteresting to me.

However, I must admit that seeing Brenman getting high at the beginning was entertaining! Also, the fact she likes rap music has taken her down in my book!!!

This is definetly not the best episode of Bones by a long shot, I'm sure the show'll get back on track as every series has a dodgy episode here and there.
  • The team investigates the murder of a DJ, and Bones gets high. The writers must have been on drugs themselves to produce this dud, though.

The dialogue in this one was even worse than usual. Brennan's "anthropological" babble was far overdone, and NO actual anthropologist talks that way. I constantly wonder why the series' writers fail to realize that people who spend their lives researching cultural interactions are never as out-of-touch with how to blend in as Brennan seems to be. At any rate, the evening opens at a hip-hop club, as Angela tries to get Bones to have fun. Emily Deschanel is painful to watch in the scene, and the writing is atrocious. Micheala Conlin (Angela) tries and tries to add life to the scene, but can't overcome Deschanel's woodenness.

After Bones beats a guy into the wall (and really, one of these days she's going to get sued for assault, and I will be happy), they discover a body and get dosed with meth. Angela high is funny, but it's Boreanaz and Eric Milligan (Zach) that really save the scene. It really bothers me that they care even less about procedure in this episode than they usually do. No good FBI agent would allow an investigator to work on a scene while high, much less actually touch the body. What were the writers thinking?

A cut scene with Bones finding footprints is once more enlivened by Zach. The scene that follows, however, is once again heavily-written. The writers apparently don't trust the audience to pick up on 'the victim is a good person' from contextual evidence, so they toss in a scene of the victim's father lecturing Booth that his son was third in his high school class and would have been first except he had a full-time job, medalled in track and field and baseball (Which, BTW, no one has enough time to medal in two sports and hold down a full-time job. It just doesn't happen.), never drank or did drugs, and had a "personal relationship with Jesus". Apparently a palm reader told him that his son would be a good man. Boo-freaking-hoo. This information could have been given much more elegantly through just the use of props and throwaway lines in other scenes. This was just painfully clumsy. Painfully, painfully clumsy.

After the horribly overwrought father, the scene of Bones, Zach and Random FBI Guy climbing through a wall is a relief. They find some evidence: footprints, a blood smear, a belly-button ring. Back in the lab, Jack delivers science-babble with the most flair of any of these actors. The other characters do the exposition thing, and the team starts looking for someone who murdered him, probably connected to the ring.

They interview a suspect DJ, who tells them he gave the ring to a former girlfriend. Bones is impressed by his scars, in a little exchange that is unintentionally funnier than it should be. Booth and Brennan return to Booth's car. Banter banter banter. Booth is going on vacation, Brennan has wierd ideas about vacationing. She also is apparently hung up on hip-hop music now. I'm not sure how that's in character, but whatever. The writers don't care about realism.

Back in the lab, Zach is laying out the now-clean bones, and finds a chip in the victim's skull. There's a nice little character development moment for Zach, who goes to see his family when he vacations, even though they think he's a freak for his job. Why? "They're my family; because they 'love me'." The scare quotes are obvious from his tone, but he's also being truthful. They do love him, just not in the way he wants to be loved. Well played, Eric Milligan.

Booth and Brennan visit a dance studio run by a guy who tries to use dance to keep kids off the streets. The mysterious former girlfriend, Eve, is his sister. She's been disappeared for a while, leaving behind a daughter that the dance-studio-guy cares for like his own. The scene between Booth and the protective father-figure is nicely done, not overwritten like the former scene with the victim's father. Hodgins and Booth have an exchange that's odd, because it's fun to watch the actors, but the dialogue they're trying to sell is rotten. Pure exposition. Blah blah blah.

The next scene has Angela expositing (more exposition!) that the blood smear came from after Eve ripped out her belly-button ring, following the vic into the wall. Eve couldn't have killed him, though, because of their respective positions. Brennan is grossed out by the idea of ripping out a belly-button ring. What the **** She doesn't care about child murders, is okay with making a glove out of someone's mummified skin, and deals with corpses on a regular basis, but this grosses her out? Yeah right, writers. I'll buy that ocean front property in Arizona, too. There's no way that this scene was in character for her. Booth finds out that one of the suspects was an undercover cop. On his tip, Booth and Brennan go to talk to the club owner. Apparently, he's also 100% clean (way to be PC, show. We haven't yet seen a thug-type that wasn't surprisingly clean. *rolls eyes*). The following exchange of dialogue occurs:

Club owner: This is my life now, this and my record label, not crystal meth, not gang banging.
    Brennan (with Deschanel's best spaced out look): Yet much of the iconic quality of urban music lies in the percieved or actual rivalry between the principle artists.
    Club owner: Where'd you find out that?
    Booth (smirking): Museum.

**No one talks this way.**. Not even Aaron Sorkin characters talk this way. Please shut up, Bones, just shut up. Also? Please shoot your writers and hire new ones. Or maybe you can use your magical kung-foo on them. You'd get away with it, because you never get arrested when you assault someone with kung-foo. They bring in a cadaver dog to find Eve, who they figure is dead. Booth complains about the dog's appearance, and doubts its abilities. The dog finds a corpse under Suspect Other DJ's studio, which turns out to be Eve, and who died around the same time as the first victim.

Booth and Tessa are going on vacation. Angela makes it awkward for them. Tessa looks at Booth oddly, then runs away from the wierd people. The Angelator tells them that Eve wasn't killed by the suspect other DJ. Bones ****s up Booth's interrogation of Suspect Other DJ. Booth promises noteriety to Suspect Other DJ, who tells them that Victim DJ was going to jump labels, and that the studio exec built a new studio (under which they found a body) the day after Victim DJ disappeared. Bones does her usual stupid-not-a-people-person thing, and when Booth makes good progress, whines that Booth's extrapolation from motive is "mushy psychological guesswork". Bones keeps whining about Booth's ideas for the case as Zach matches the dent in both victim's skulls. They confront the studio exec and his undercover-cop bodyguard. The exec assaults an FBI officer, so both the exec and the cop/bodyguard get arrested. Bones happily confiscates the exec's cane. It's nice to see an action scene in which Bones manages not to violate any federal laws. I think it's a first for this show.

Zach (wearing a tac vest) and Jack test out the cane as an assault weapon, leading to the following funny little exchange (I think this might be the best dialoge of the episode):

Jack: How many times do you want me to poke Zach?
    Brennan: Just once, but as hard as you can.
    Zach: As hard as he can? Why can't I hit him as hard as I can?
    Jack: Because you have arms like noodles, whereas I am vigorous and burly. Zach: Oof!

At any rate, the strange skull dents on the victims match one made by the cane on Zach's test material. The exec looks guilty.

Booth and Brennan have a conversation in which he's sad that Tessa won't come to Jamaica with him, and Brennan once more reveals that she's an obsessive compulsive workaholic with psychological problems of a magnitude that prevent her from even impersonating a normal person successfully.
  • this ep was really good

in this ep bones goes to have a good time at a night club but gets into troulbe and finds a body in the wall. and bones and the fbi agent must investigate the crime and what really happen and how that body was in the wall for so long . it involves a man that wanted to have a good life live the to a diffrent record deal and a girlfriend that wantes to live her bad life of having to deal with a kid. this ep was really good and i thought they did a good job with this ep.
  • Very random episode !

I did not enjoy this one. It was a bit boring. The mummy of a man is found behind a wall in a nightclub. Boothe and Brennan need to find out what happened to him. The murderer is either D.J Rulz or the manager of the club. After days of research into the whole situation it is clear that the manager of the club has commited the murder. The episode was very random. The whole Brennan not knowing what to do in night clubs and how she liked the hip hop dancing and her being high and all. It was just weird. It didn't fit. It deffinately grabbed my attention but I didn't like it.
  • Funny episode.

Brennan ( and Angela) find a mummy in a wall. In the process of this both she and Angela got high. It was just hilarious to see a high Brennan, and even though she didn't act the same as she usually does, you could still find Brennan into it. Especially when it comes to the remains, then it was almost like she wasn't high. The case was a interesting one, may not be as good as some of the previous ones, but interesting none the less. I found it weird and funny that both Bones and Booth didn't really take it well, when they saw that someone's belly piecing got ripped out. I mean, yeah it is kind of gorse, but considering what Bones and Booth do and work with on a regular basis, it seems like nothing. Booth and his girlfriend break up, and I have to say that I don't mind at all.
  • Brennan gets high.

"The Man in the Wall" starts out pretty funny. Angela gets Brennan to go out with her in a hip Night Club. But of course, instead of simply enjoying the fun she has to analyze everyone around her. This leads to some disagreement with a bunch of other people and ends with Bones punching a guy through the wall and discovering a mummified body. Unfortunately by doing this, a cloud of drugs is released into the air.
    As Booth arrives on scene, his girlfriend Tessa unhappily tagging along, Bones and Angela are already pretty high on Meth. Very funny and giggly. Bones is unstoppable and is fascinated by "her first modern mummy".

The next morning Bones is pretty unhappy about having been on drugs last night. In a very yucky scene, she cuts of the hands of the mummy, takes the skin off and pulls it on as it were gloves. I can truly sympathise with Booth as he almost gagged.
    Turns out, mummy guy is a famous DJ who was missing for some time. Which leads Booth and Brennan into the Hip Hop scene.

Parallel to the case we learn that Booth wants to go on vacation with Tessa, which leads to some comments from Angela regarding his personal development with his girlfriend. Angela seemed to have spooked Tessa away, because in the end she doesn't go with Booth on vacation. This leads to an interesting conversation with Bones, where once again it is emphasized that she is a workaholic who only lives for her work and sees beeing on a beach without bones as totally pointless.

I really liked this episode, as it had a nice case, lots of funny moments and more character development.
  • Brennan meets mainstream culture amid meth, hip-hop and mummies.

Beware of spoilers ahead.

I'd say the case was mildly interesting but I'll focus in the interesting parts of the episode which again, let us reveal important things about the characters.

First, Angela is a very good friend; patient and interested in helping Brennan discover the world and it all seems to point that Brennan is not exactly reluctant to do so; she seems eager to understand the "cultures" surrounding her, but also, she lacks of the tact or ability to do so.

We also see more of the 'charm' of Seeley Booth; how he uses his person gift to talk to Hodgins into helping him get conclusions about the case, giving him enough confidence. It is very interesting see him work people out. We get to see as well how his relationship with Tessa was over, due, in part, to Angela's interference.

The interaction between the squints is amusing as always and well, watching Brennan being high was very funny. Brennan and Booth's bickering is getting very entertaining.

There was an unnecessary scene I think; Brennan removed the skin from a dehydrated hand and then put it on her own as a glove in order to obtain the digital prints. I really think such a thing was unnecessary. She could have obtained the data from the hand without having to flay it. I guess it was just for the yuck factor.

Other than that, it was a nice episode, not my favorite though.
  • Bones on drugs

This episode was fairly average for me. It was predictable and lacked something. I don't think the case was all that interesting, which may have been it.
    This episode, however, had some really funny parts. I loved when Bones and Angela are high, when Zach says he's been told his dancing is like a marinette in a windstorm, and when Bones listens to rap. This ep didn't have as much chemistry between BB as the other episodes before it, which was something it lacked, IMHO.
    It wasn't that great of an episode, but like any Bones episode, it's worth watching. 100
  • Really enjoyable!!

This episode is golden!! It is great how Brennan uses her technical words to describe the feelings that the rap music evokes for her and then gets into a fight becaus she is misunderstood. Brennan is absolutely hilarious when she is high! Angela is always great and in this episode she is even better. I also really enjoyed the music of this episode. Gonna repeat because have no more words....This episode is golden!! It is great how Brennan uses her technical words to describe the feelings that the rap music evokes for her and then gets into a fight becaus she is misunderstood. Brennan is absolutely hilarious when she is high! Angela is always great and in this episode she is even better. I also really enjoyed the music of this episode.
  • Review

This episode was ok, it just took a little too much time to really get off the ground. The first thirty minutes of the show felt really dragged out and boring, until we got into the good stuff. Having there be an undercover cop was an interesting surprise and then having Bones and her team figure out that there was a third man involed in the killing was also cool. The case wasnt the best one the show has done in its series, but it was pretty solid. Bones and Booth didnt have a whole lot of good scenes together. The scenes when they were in the car listening to rap music was more comedy then what it usually is. Booths relationship looks to be on the rocks, so I wonder if the writers might start exploring the possibility of the Booth-Bones hook up. Overall, it was a decent episode but not one of my favorites.
  • Hip-Hop music, rival artists, and Bones and Angela being high, this was such a great ep.

Well, Bones finally gets out of the office for a night of fun with Angela (who had to drag her out of the office ) They get to a club, they music is hot, and Bones has to make some scientific coment about the music, and that starts a fight. During the rather fast fight someone is tossed into the wall, uncovering a mumified body and a whole mess of meth fills the air. Love the way Bones acts when she is high, very hyper, and almost happy. Angela on the other hand is not happy that she is high by acident - didn't count.

Booth talks to an undercover agent, and gets to hit the guy later when they bust the boss - to help keep his cover.

The part when they have Jack hit Zach was sooooo great. Jack's comment about being all strong and burly is so funny.

So as the ep goes by they discover that the DJ and his girl were killed because the DJ was going to jump lables. He was killed behind the wall, and his girlfriend was tracked down, killed, and but under the floor of the studio the owner built for his new DJ.
  • Ange and Bren inhale some Meth after Ange drags Bren to a club which leads them to discover a modern mummy

This episode gets better every time I watch it. I'm still wondering how Angela got Tempe to go out with her.

Brennan was hilarious when she was in that club going on with her anthropological explainations for everything. I loved how that one woman translated what Bren was trying to say. I found it funny that Bren dug the music. She was just adorable.

After Bren and Ange had inhaled all that Meth Bren was beyond funny. When she was talking to Booth, Tessa, and Zack. She really looked like she would hurt someone if they touched her mummy.

Angela talking with Tessa about her trip with Booth was also good.

The case was cool and Brennan wanting the FBI to have all the glory as Hodgins put it was great. And I loved how Brennan was grossed out by the belly button ring being yanked out.

Great episode I swear it gets better everytime I watch it.
  • here we go... fasten your seatblets for eppie number six!

haha angela was so desperate to go out to the club... but haha seeing brennan in a club was <b>so</b> weird. she was wicked out of place. and dont gte me wrong, i love chris brown, but him and brennan dont mix lol. was she joking when she said she loved the music? her fist time (at least on the show) at a club and she gets in a fight. typical brennan.

brennan is ridiculously funny when she is high. by accident, of course. hahahahahahahhaa lmao. her first modern mummy. this case should be fun.

eew that hand was gross. booth wasnt the only one about to barf, i was gettin' queasy too. I <b> cannot</b> believe she put that skin on her hands. dis. gust. ing.

eew hodgin's eyeballs. gross. angela had a belly button ring? yeah, i guess I can see that.

haha brennan switched booths music. priceless guy fetish. women who change their radio stations.

you can tell booth liked hodgins. alot more than he likes zach, thats for sure.

that dog lady was wicked funny. what up with the drool, your eyes are close together, but i dont comment. thats gonna bug me now, i never noticed, aww h*ll no its not hes a hottie lol.

everyone asks where booth found brennan. i love it. so far, from what ive seen, i count three. but there's probably more.

so spread the pain is booth's new modow : spread the pain. haha gotta love it.

This is gonna be my new sign off every time: WATCH BONES!
  • on of my favorite episodes!

i think this is one of my favorite episodes because we get to see "guetto Bones" lol XD!

who woulda thought that Bones liked Hip Hop and stuff? lol really

i also liked the story very much and when the father of the victim goes to see Booth, that broke my heart.

My favourite scenes are when Bones kicks somebody's tooshie and she did it in this episode so that'a another reason why i love it so much.

Let's my other two favourite scenes are when Brennan and Angela go: "Awwwwwwww" at Booth lol and when teh DJ calls Bones a model. These and other reason are why i love this episode so much, it has the classic Bones humor that we all love and the plot is good too.

Really great episode. I really recommend it.
  • A pretty good episode...

I can't remember every exact detail, but this ep was pretty good. I liked the part where Brennan gets high and repeats everything Booth says. It's hilarious, as well as many other lines ... she's so logical ... even when she's at a party she uses her job knowledge to explain everything. Some parts of this ep though weren't up to scratch, but the show was fairly easy to follow.

The most defining moment, and a bit of a revelation on Brennen's part is when she can't handle the belly button ring being ripped out ... and as Angela rightly says, Brennan CAN handle dead bodies and peeling of skin from dead hands e.t.c. Not my favourite episode, but there are many more to come ... ps. love the whole Angela trying to split up Booth and Tess situation thing
  • Hip hop and Bones

A nice Bones episode but it didn’t completely achieve to entertain, it’s probably the weakest so far even though it had some great scenes.

it begins with Brennan and Angela going to a dance club and enjoying themselves there until Brennan begins a fight. She hits a guy through a wall and they find a body.

Booth was fun in this episode because he couldn’t stand the body and has a weak stomach. We also see his girlfriend Tessa back who isn’t well liked by Angela and Brennan.

The storyline develops a bit slowly and is actually the uninteresting part of the episode. The guy who was found death filled with drugs died because of it. He and his girlfriend wanted a good life but were both murdered by the club owner. He was buried in the wall and she in some library.

The fun part throughout were the characters, and also Brennan who has a feel for urban music and she even googled 2pac and Biggie.
    One of those DJ’s even helped them only if he would get send to jail, a hilarious backwards world moment.

It was also very obvious that Brennan doesn’t have a life, she is so caught up in that world that doesn’t make her live the real one. It makes her character fresh and loveable.
    The episode wasn’t very interesting but it was a fun watch, far from bad and another good ad to the show.
  • Another great episode!!!

It started really good. The discussion of Bones in the club, she is so innocent! thinking that regular people would understand her.

Then she "inhaled" and it became one of the must amusement moments on the show: she reapiting all that Booth said, then running after Zack and wanting Tessa to take a look?!... and for the final touch: the "ahahahaha" of Bones and Ang.

Then well, I have to accept that it really went down a little but still there where another couple of funny lines.

The way she analyzed the rap... well tought I have to say

The part where Bones is "sick" because of the belly button... I just tought it was SO funny! just like Angela said, its a little difficult to think that Temperance is sick about this little thing compared to the things that she have saw and done (just before using the hand skin like glove for example). Booth backing up her... just cute!

In conclusion, I liked the episode, it was a different type of murder at the end and very funny lines in between.

• Started off good and had some good moments, but was REALLY boring in some parts.

5.6
    I liked the first half of this episode. Angela takes Brennan to a dance club in order to have fun and develop more of a social life. While there, Brennan gets drunk and starts referring to the music as being tribal (in a good way). This turns out not to be a good thing to say, as almost everyone in the club is black and people get upset with her. Soon a fight breaks out and Temperance does like Walker Texas Ranger and kicks a guy into a wall, breaking it and revealing...a mummy. This in turn releases drugs into the air and Brennan and Angela get high, which is funny to see.

The only other memorable scene, really, was the scene where the guy's father comes to talk about his son. Other than that I got really bored and found it hard to concentrate on the episode.
  • very interesting!

lol once again booth is a barrel of laughs.wow i was cringing at the beggining when bones is trying to explain what she meant when she offended the lady.lol . ew it was kinda gross when angela was describing how the belly button ring was ripped out...but very nice.it was getting kind of confusing to me around the middle when they are talking to the guy in the dance studio and everything but i got it later. where did that sniffing dog come in? i didnt get it. my favorite part was at the end when hodgins was poking zack with the cane.it was a good episode
  • i like it . it was very interesting and showed how evry one gets along even in wierd sisuations.

i like it alot. but did u see the new harry potter tralier holy shit it going to be bad. krum is ugly as shit . any way back to bones good espiod good plot good show i really like d it alot. but it was a little dry lol! get it !
  • I loved the father putting a human face on the victim.

I loved the father putting a human face on the victim. The beginning with Bones and Angela in the club and Bones completely out of her element was great. I loved how she tried to explain her tribe statement to a group of angry people. I like Angela and I hope she stays.
  • Not overly exciting but a good way to show more of Bones' personality.

7.9
    I have to admit, I liked the beginning with Bones and Angela out and Bones getting so hyper around the meth. The fight was a bit much but I still enjoyed seeing how excited Bones was and the others thrown by it.

The overall mystery was intriguing with some good twists and I like how Bones is getting more into the investigations and shows her atheltic ablility. The plot of Brennan's girlfriend seems a bit much but the banter between B&B is still great. A bit surprised Brennan is so queasy (he was a sniper after all) but it always makes the investigations fun.

The twists in the case, like the undercover agent, were neat and the show does its best not to be a carbon copy of CSI. It's good to see Bones actually enjoying herself and I look forward to more fun interactions to come.
WGNAMER