Bones

The Memories in the Shallow Grave

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 03, 2011 on FOX

• *Seventh Season Begins With A Light And Entertaining Episode*

Case: The case is alright. The amnesiac murder victim is interesting though. I liked the place where the body was found, but they should have explored more of the whole paintball culture. It was kinda obvious who the killer is around the time he's introduced. Overall, it is once again, not so fitting for a premiere. I actually think they should've started the "big bad" arc as early as now. After all, this season will be shorter.

Relationships: We now see Booth & Brennan as a couple, with baby. I still enjoy the interaction between the two and the arguments they have, but i still really hope the writers would tone down on these arguments (especially those that they keep repeating) and concentrate more on the case and other stuff. I liked that they toned down the Hodgins-Angela relationship (at least on this episode). Booth & Sweets working together more often is a great idea, love the conversations between the two. Looking forward to see them in action (literally).

Side Comment/s: Baby Hodgins is cute!

Bottom Line: This is the best premiere since Season 4. Light and very entertaining. Also, a well-directed episode. The dialogue is still great. However, i wished this episode gave us something to look forward to in the new season than just Booth and Brennan's relationship and character interactions. I'm still hoping the cases and story arcs would get better like the early seasons with more action, mystery, danger, and suspense. Yes, however good this episode is, they are still missing.