Bones

The Memories in the Shallow Grave

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 03, 2011 on FOX

• A great new beginning for Bones fans :)..

..but this episode sure as hell doesn't deserve a 9.2 score.Yeah, I get it, everyone's just happy seeing B&B back, just as I am, but you can't go calling it the greatest premiere when it ISN'T! Even I, being a Bones fan, can appreciate that. Don't get me wrong. I loved the episode. It was just so great to see B&B so domestic and everything. Michael Hodgins is adorable. The episode had its moments and it's great to see them starting season 7 out so nicely. I get that fans were upset about the previous season, which blowed, and are just really excited to have a nice episode.

But the case was boring as hell. I found myself tuning out, which I don't really do often while watching crime shows, because according to me, the case is more important than whatever is going on in the side. And if the case is boring, there should be more of the other stuff, the family stuff or the tying-loose-ends stuff to cover it up, like in Rise. While there were cute moments, it wasn't enough to take away the stupor the case brought on.

On the other hand, it was wonderful to see everyone back. Despite going through massive changes, everyone was still the same in essence, and that was lovely to watch - as a Bones fan. However, if someone casually switched on the TV and tried watching this episode, it wouldn't capture their attention. So yeah, really great for fans, for casual watchers, not so much. I found it satisfying, but the 9.2 score is pushing it beyond the limits. As for B&B, they're cute but I still think they could do with taking a leaf out of White Collar's book..Peter and Elizabeth have been married since the series began and I still consider them one of the freshest couples on tv! Shows like that are proof of how well on screen relationships can work over many seasons.