Bones

The Memories in the Shallow Grave

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 03, 2011 on FOX

• A pleasant relief.

Look, this wasn't an ah-mazing episode in my opinion, but they handled things quite well. I think I speak for a lot of Bones-fans when I say we were quite worried about the aftermath of season 6, meaning: 'how could the show possibly be as good if Brennan and Booth actually ended up together?'

Let me assure, they did it. After the awkward and rushed season 6 finale (yes I know, it was very rude of Emily Deschanel to get pregnant :p) things just bounced back in season 7: witty banter, Brennan's obvious non-understanding in emotional 'family-issues'. And the hormones that induced her to cry :) Good job, keeping it light. Because 'Bones' still is comedy, and the teasing is still there, even though the main characters are in fact a couple, after all these years. In a way, I am glad this happened, because, seriously, it was taking so freaking long! To be honest, there are characters who have more chemistry, and I mean sexual instead of emotional (they are very funny together, I admit): Castle and firecracker Beckett, or ruthless Ziva and Tony on NCIS. So I am definitely glad with how things progressed here.

The episode had a pretty great story, interesting characters... Bones on its best. I gave this episode an 8 simply because I still have to get used to the whole Brennan/Booth-situation, but again, the writers did a pretty amazing job. I liked the emotional mayhem too, always an issue between the couple. Again, 'Bones' convinced me to keep watching!