Bones

The Prisoner in the Pipe

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 02, 2012 on FOX

• Disaster

Basically, there was no case in this episode. It looked like complexed but it went so easy and simple to solve that in the middle of the episode I figured where it is coming to... And the last eight minutes were just too... not Bones. Rather rational, non-fictional show became a complete disaster set of sequences edited together, badly played... Any show should have avoided doing things like that because it simply ruins them. Especially Bones... And I think, they managed jumping the shark.
  • The Prisoner in the Pipe

The ending was a little bit too cheesy for my liking, could have done without that, but this was a well-written show and a nice payoff for long-term fans waiting for this moment. There were some elements of comedy throughout, but not necessarily as much as some past episodes, and that was a wise decision as this is a show that needs to put more emphasis on cases, not less. That aforementioned case tonight was not bad, but this episode was clearly about more than that.
  • A Mystery to Life

Brilliant. The case was brilliant and original. The finding of the murder weapon took me by surprise, never thought possible that something so harmless as paper could turn out to be so dangerous. The irony of Brennan giving birth in a manger gave me a good chuckle; I always thought their baby had to come to the world in a special way. It wasn't in an hospital as Booth so much wanted or at home as Bones was planning, but in a manger. What I could grasp about that moment is that there is indeed a mystery to live; sometimes things don't turn out the way we want -or plan, but they're still good and leave us lessons. This is what I got from this episode. Truly brilliant.
  • The Prisoner in the Pipe

Loved this episode. I think it was awesome that Brennan gave birth in a barn.
  • The Mystery of Life

How can this episode be anything but a 10? And the case was good too. :) I'm not sure exactly what to say about the show, but I'd like to try, because I think it can't help but be a break from all of the awful happenings that are in the news these days.

I've heard it said that each new birth is God's affirmation of the future and the closing scenes not only reaffirm the future, but also the priceless value of family and true friends. I won't say anything more about the "place of birth" so as to not leave a spoiler, so I'll just say that for Dr. Brennan to describe it "the perfect place" and to see the mystery of life in it all is, well, perfect.

I've always believed that science and faith shouldn't be at odds with each other and here it all comes together - perfectly.