Bones

The Secrets in the Proposal

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 16, 2013 on FOX

• Of, for the love of...

So, the writers of this show had all summer to come up with a reasonable explanation to the ridiculous plot hole that was, "Why doesn't Booth just slip Bones a note telling her the truth?", and "no poker face" is the best they could come up with?!?!?

Really? Brennan? Temperance Brennan? The woman who for 8 seasons has demonstrated time and time again that she's not dictated by emotion and her near Aspergers like demeanor would give away the fact that she knew the truth? C'mon!

Normally, I don't question the absurdities of the case of the week, but just so I get this guy bikes over to a hotel to confront the victim whom he thinks is forcing his friend into an affair, hits him with a bike lock in some magical fashion as to fracture his skull on both sides and kill him. Sure, let's take that absurd forensics out of the equation. If he biked over, wouldn't his lock I to his bike? If he didn't bike, wouldn't he have left it back at the office. He just strolled through the hotel and up to the room randomly carrying a bike lock in his hands?

Nice to see that my long term plan of seeing how ridiculous this show can get wasn't derailed by a summer of thinking.