Bones

The Secrets in the Proposal

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 16, 2013 on FOX

7.9
  • Confused

I'm really not sure I understand what the writers are doing. Have they not read a single email or forum over the break? Pretty universally, fans have said they are over Pelant, they don't understand how the season finale could have had such a massive plothole, and they think the finale was out of character for Booth and Brennan. I'm beginning to think there's some sort of understanding that Bones will end after this season, and they're stringing out this whole thing so that the series finale contains the wedding. It's a bit disappointing, if so. The characters on this show have so much scope, and Booth and Brennan have great chemistry even after getting together. Watching them negotiate their disparate beliefs and unusual relationship is much more fun than these severely forced "psycho" storylines. I was really hoping this ridiculousness would end in episode one of this season. They're manipulating the reactions of the characters to suit an overall story arc instead of allowing the characterisation to dictate how the story developments. It's supremely irritating. And kind of insulting, given that the audience has already missed seeing any affection/discussion surrounding their transition from partners to lovers. Colleague dies, comfort sex off screen, no-one even admits it happened until the following episode when Bones says she's pregnant, there's no discussion of whether it was a one-off, whether they were together before she announced she was pregnant. It's like they had no idea how to write it. A waste of brilliant actors and extensive character potential.
WGNA