Bones

The Suit on the Set

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 07, 2012 on FOX

• Well this is a bit different.

First viewing I found it difficult to get my head round it but second time around I appreciated the humour of taking a poke at Hollywood. Loved the fact the corpse was Hansen Stephens - Hart and Nathan have a great sense of humour.

• Ironic, but telling

This episode makes a big deal about Hollywood not caring about accuracy, and being all flash. Given the number of mistakes in season 7, it is almost a sad self-referencing joke. Unfortunately, this was one of the better episodes of the season.
  • It's really that bad.

3.5
    This show had the unfornate appearance before a great show like House. The actors are cheesy, the writing is pitiful and the idea seems overused.

Let's start with the acting. The main stars (David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel) make their characters the most stereotypical "detectives" on television now. Emily Deschanel tries too hard to be the typical accuser and finger pointer character which we have seen in shows like the CSI series and Law and Order over and over. David Boreanaz tries to be the tough guy, macho agent who backs up his partner despite her cheesy accusations. These actors are a major let down and are the foremost of killing the series.

The writing happens to be typical. A case randomly pops out of the wood work and they consume all energy on an case by case (or episode by episode) basis. The relationships and parternerships are uninteresting (although this may be a problem with the spotty acting.) All in all, it's a tv show with a concept that is unreal and non-innovative in the length tv guide of crime solving shows.

The show looks like it's dying in the breed of crime solving shows, but perhaps the genre itself is too.