Bones

The Truth in the Myth

Aired Unknown Apr 14, 2011 on FOX

• Goat Sucker OR Why I Peed on Your Tadpoles

I would like to first say that I love Bone's scene of humor! I loved how she was kind of silly in this episode. It was a really interesting case with some really good humor.

I like all Nigel's confessions of things he did while he was drunk. Apparently he's an imaginary playa, and I really like Hodgen's revenge on him!

Now, The case was really intresting, and I knew it was her from the second I saw her. I didn't trust either of them. I thought they both seemed a little shadey, but I don't get it, it would have been so much easier if she had just told the police she accidentally shot someone. I guess if people weren't stupid, Police wouldn't have jobs, and we wouldn't have any crime shows!
  • The Truth in the Myth...

After being consistently underwhelming of late Bones really needed the pick up that it gave itself with this week's "The Truth in the Myth". When the remains of a myth-buster television show host are found in the wilderness appearing to have been killed by the mythic Chupacabra, a reptile-mammal hybrid creature whose existence has not been confirmed, the team must work to uncover the reality of the situation.

With both skeptics and true believers working on the case the plausibility of myths is a subject broached whilst the usual forensics of the case are undergone. At the same time, recovering alcoholic squint Vincent Nigel-Murray makes amends with each member of the team as part of his ninth step. This particular addition is what made the episode stand out as being much more entertaining than the show has been recently, delivering genuine laugh out loud moments at the sheer awkwardness of the situation.

There's the usual dummy suspects including an animal psychic and a cryptozoologist to throw us humorously off the trail of the real killer, but ultimately after just a little bit more science the Jeffersonian team prove that it was in fact a human killer, not a mythical one. A hunting accident followed by a ploy to amp up business for a failing hotel is what ultimately resulted in the seemingly bizarre death and gave a somewhat obvious but acceptable end to a reasonable mystery.

As I said before "The Truth in the Myth" was by far one of the best episodes of Bones that has made it to the screen recently and even though I have a strong suspicion that I won't be rewarded for my prayers, I hope that the remainder of the season seeks to emulate this light-hearted comedy with a little murder-mystery on the side. If however the writers decide that they would like to be a dull as they can possibly be, they will just keep on with their otherwise winning formula.
WGNAMER