Bones

The Twist in the Twister

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Dec 08, 2011 on FOX

• Blown Away... Well, Almost.

Case: Pretty much season 7's most interesting case yet. I have always found tornadoes to be one of nature's greatest wonder and threat at the same time. The case's mystery is there, and i loved the team's investigations especially the tornado scene.

Relationships: Booth is being overprotective and Brennan hates it. That i can live with..

..but these are the things the episode could've done without:

Fisher. Did we really need those phone conversations with his mom? No. It was boring and repetitive. The payoff was not even interesting. Nuff said.

Angela and Hodgins. We get it, they're both lacking sleep. No need to make it more obvious in every scene. Well, at least Billy Gibbons is back.

Too much comedy. The writers are sometimes overdoing it - especially following a serious episode. Less is more, it's what have always worked for the show (case in point: see the highest rated episodes). I even once read a comment that goes: "Bones is the best crime comedy out there." Comedy? Sad.

Side Comment/s: -Hodgins and Angela's house is nice (at least on the outside). -Wow, Brennan's belly is so huge in this episode!

Bottom Line: First half is a snooze-fest, but the second half saves it. With an interesting premise, it could've been an excellent 2011 finale had it concentrated more on the case.