Bones

The Twisted Bones in the Melted Truck

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Dec 02, 2010 on FOX

• Slight problem with the science (physics) in tonight's episode of Bones: Season-6, Episode-8 "The Twisted Bones in the Melted Truck"

Within a matter of seconds of the discovery of "The magic bullet" being found in the skeletal remains it dawned on me that this was a glaring error according to the melting points of two or possibly three of the metals involved.

Magnesium burns at 5,160 deg. While a bullet even a steel jacketed one melts at 2500 deg. If it were made of lead it would be 621.43 deg. So how was the bullet lodged in the skeleton able to remain intact as plausible evidence at those temperatures? Steel would melt and puddle, Lead would vaporize. Either way the ballistic evidence is kaput! Orbmanelson
  • melted bones...

at least, they appear to be melted.
    I liked this episode, since I like all eps in which cause of death is hard to find. And the show is getting better after the not-so-good start of this season (which is my opinion, but that goes with all my shows). Brennan finally starts to think she made a mistake turning Booth down, as she sees how happy Booth is with Hanna, and how good she is with Parker. Luckily, Parker thinks Bones is cooler than Hanna! Don't get me wrong: I like Hanna but I Love Bones so I'm very looking forward to Hanna and Booth breaking up :evil:...
  • Good episode, but I'm a bit puzzled.

Overall, I thought this episode was pretty good. I like that we're seeing the Booth/Hannah/Bones story moving forward, and I thought Hannah shooing Booth away while she made friends with Parker was classic.

I'm puzzled, however, by Sweets' puritanical reaction to the teacher sleeping with her student. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's a good thing by any stretch, but his judgemental reaction seemed highly out-of-character for a trained psychologist. What's even more puzzling is that right after trashing her professional ethics, he went back to Daisy and promptly violated his own! If that was intentional, and they intend to follow up on that in a later story, it was great writing. If it wasn't, though, then that was really lousy writing by someone who needs to examine their own puritanism.

So I'm withholding judgement on that bit until we see if they go anywhere with it. The rest of the episode was definitely quite good!
  • Booth & Hannah, alright she's nice and all and everybody likes her but it doesn't compare with what we could see if Booth & Brennan hooked up.

I'm all into happy endings and such but when Brennan rebuffed Booth last season is was sad and I felt terrible for him. But now, I can understand why he felt the need to move on to another relationship but, seriously, if he knows her so well, he should know that she is beginning to let her feelings for him show. Albeit, very slightly but, nonetheless, we can see that although she likes Hannah, she wishes she hadn't let him go and who can blame her, look at him. It would be great if the writers let them get together and let us see 'that' story unfold. I, for one, am waiting and waiting and...
  • Some enlightening moments...(and some possible SPOILER-ideas that are more accurately just mindless ramblings...)

Daisy passed her FBI security clearance test. Does this mean we should all be taking cover, or what?!

Sweets. Did I really see it? Did pure sweet Sweets actually do the ethical-dirty with/for Daisy? All I can say is, Daisy must be really, really good in...that forensics lab!

Angela's magic computer booth-thingie continues to float my boat. I mean, I know its all TV tricks, but imaginatively speaking, what great possibilities that kind of tool has. Like, maybe if I got scanned in there she could take a few inches off my...sorry. Off track.

Daisy "shooting" Hodgins was delightful! The King of the Lab failed to account for the obvious! Sadly, Monarchs aren't what they used to be...

The whole teacher-student thing was creepy. Particularly her lack of insight. I guess that's not, or shouldn't really be, considered enlightening...

Brennan's continued quest to belong via attempts to replicate humour with an IQ level, just totally precludes funny as even remotely possible. Paradoxically, its funny! At least on TV. I still say this is one of the best written characters on TV. And the best performed.

Hannah winning over Parker. This was supposed to be the "she's out" factor. I mean, I have been expecting to see this slow, inexorable decline in the relationship. But that's not happening. Not at all with Booth, and even Hannah's moments of doubt where the viewer thinks, "Oh-oh. Here it comes..." never amount to anything other than the normal stuff we can all relate to. And get past.

So. You know what that means?..."the end" that we all know has to come sooner or later is going to be unexpected, and tragic and take a season or so for Booth to recover from...but then, I'm not a writer, so who knows?
  • Bones don't melt.

Okay, Brennan may be right when she says that bones don't melt, but mine kind of did by the end of this episode for sure!
    The cases are getting weirder and weirder with each passing week and this one held its place quite nicely. I love when something happens to the bones to make Brennan's job a little bit harder, since there are sometimes when she basically cracks the case just by looking over the report. LOL
    Didn't get a 10 from me because I think the writers are becoming way too pushy with the Hannah situation. they are trying to make everybody love her and I think they a re trying a little bit too hard. I thought that Parker wasn't going to like her, which could've been a great twist to her and Booth's relationship, but turns out they became best friends, which is okay by me but I am an angst sucker so I would've like to see some tension there.
    My heart absolutely broke with the ending. Brennan does not deserve to go through something like this, but then again she kinda has to be put through it just to finally wake up and realize the mistake she didn't in season 5. But I guess this is being taken care of, if the promo for next week is any indicator of it.
  • *HEY* WOULD YOU GUYS PLEASE DISMISS THE REVIEW UNDER THIS ONE. I WROTE THAT ONE TOO, BUT IT WAS ON MY SISTER'S PROFILE, SO LIKE OR DISLIKE THIS ONE.* Bones don't melt..

• bones that appear to be melted intrigue the team... sorta.

Bones that have been subjected to intense heat causing the minerals within them to crystalize which gives the appearance of the bones having melted is a fascinating phenomenon from a fairly interesting case that was wholly overshadowed by Booths' worries that Parker won't like Hannah. I've been a fan of the show for a few years now and though I don't think I've reviewed Bones before it's been because the writing has been wonderful and consistent. Ever since this season began we've had promises that haven't been kept. I tried to like Hannah. I don't. Her insertion into this season has altered the dynamic of the players in a very un-entertaining way. I hate to say it, because her character has a lot of potential, but the writers haven't given us a reason to care about her. Or to like her let alone want her around. I hope next week's installment with its promise of some Booth and Bones 'bonding' can offer some salve cause right now I'm about ready to relegate this once interesting and engaging set of character studies to the category of 'used to be'... And btw, I think Daisy wanting to 'cheat' on her psych eval was out of character, but that's just my humble opinion.

I had to give up on Bones last year when there were just too many shows to watch on Thursdays, but I have questioned that decision after watching tonight's show. It was not a blowaway episode by any stretch of the imagination, but it was the solid, enjoyable kind of hour you can expect when you watch Bones: it was quirky, they had a nice backstory, and some funny scenes along the way with Sweets, and Hannah and Parker. Bones has carved out a niche on a crowded Thursday and if episodes can maintain this quality than I will be rejoining the show's cult following.
  • No reason to hate Hannah

I know I will get lots of haters, but after watching this episode I find no reason to hate Hannah. How big her love for Booth is, it's something she only knows but the fact is that, so far, she has satisfied Booth's every need and he seems fairly happy with it. Now, I guess the hardest obstacle has been passed and that is winning over Parker. She doesn't look forced or fake when he's around them.

I'm sure Brennan is still in Booth's heart and mind. His love for her is still there. But he had a need and Hannah crossed his path. He took what was close to him. But I would like to know how strong his feelings are for Hannah, or if it's just him trying to settle for second best.

I had to feel sorry for Brennan in the last scene. Her eyes showed regret. Someone else was in the place she never took. We all want to see Booth and Brennan together, but is Brennan ready for what Booth wants and needs? I don't know what will happen next episode, but whatever happens I hope it's all for the best, even if someone get hurts in the way.
  • Hodgins officially joins the "Got-shot-on-the-job" club

Of course he was shot by Daisy, during an expirament and with the shell and not the actual bullet, but hey it counts. And while I got those two together- Looks like Hodgins has some KotL competition. Makes me miss Zack. :( Daisy and Sweets. Oh dear. She was using him to cheat, now that's a sign of a healthy relationship. What's the difference between green and red anyway? Daisy was making way to big a deal out of the whole evaluation. Does this mean she's going to permanent? God, I hope not.

We really didn't see much of Angela nor Cam in this episode. Why was that?

Now for the Brennan-Booth-Hannah love triangle. Did anyone else notice how jealous Brennan was of Hannah and Parker's relationship. She used to be Parker's adult friend. Brennan is jealous of Hannah. Of course that scene at the end helped calm her nerves. But Brennan is not going to last. When she told Parker that Hannah and her were friends, it just didn't sound to sincere. As for Parker and Hannah bonding- I really wanted Parker to hate her. Phooey.