Boomtown

Pilot

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 29, 2002 on NBC

• Great start!

Wow, this is the very first time I started to write a review before the episode is even over! What an exciting start. Great characters, great casting, great story. The thing that got me hooked was the switching of point of view between the main characters. It gives this fast track feeling, like your being sucked in to something that already started way before you were there. That is how all great stories begin. I really hope this is the beginning of an awesome show that keeps me excited like this. But as for now; what promise this show has!
  • I hated network television and promised myself not to watch anymore. Forsome reason, I watched this episode. I regret nothing. What a gift.

As I said in my summary, it was purely by accident I started watching this episode the first time it aired. I had actually stood up to shut off the television, but I gave it a second.
    I never looked back. One of the greatest television shows ever made (for me.) This episode remains a standout. How could it not?...They had to introduce all the characters, the narrative hook, and still tell a good story. They acheived all of that in this monumental episode.

From the opening lines, which I'm sad to say I no longer know by heart, to the closing images...this was pure joy.

I bought the DVD the day it came out. This remains one of my favorite episodes of the series.