Bordertown Forums

Black Family Channel (ended 1991)

Bordertown

tvking1

[1]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 42
    I remember I used to watch this on CBN/The Family Channel and found it more enjoyable than informative. It was exciting and the characters were likable and the locale was pleasant to watch, but I also found it a little too politically correct, what with the suave, intelligent Canadian, the educated French woman, and the gruff, illiterate American. Quite stereotypical, and in some ways too contemporary, but I enjoyed it nonetheless and wouldn't mind seeing it again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

21Lee

[2]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 5
    I agree with you tvking 1. Bordertown was a very enjoyable series. As you said, somewhat stereotypical, but it's heart was in the right place. Being filmed on location in Canada gave the show a good background and gave a more realistic feel to the show. Sure would be nice if some channel would re-run the episodes.

sandbur

[3]Jul 7, 2010
    • level: 25

I really enjoyed this series, though I did not see it as anything other than an entertaining look at frontier life. The series was re-run here for quite a while a couple of years back (CTV? Global?...can't remember...) and then a few episodes came out on DVD, though I am still waiting for the entire series to be released on DVD. Some behind the scenes and bloopers would be fun. I did see a couple of bloopers on a Bordertown website,,,more would be great.