Bored to Death Forums

HBO (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 1.03 - The Case of the Missing Screenplay (Poss. Spoilers)

mackymacaspac

[1]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 78

Please direct all discussion about the episode here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainRon19

[2]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 3
    What is the actress' name who played the hot underage girl?

krussell47

[3]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 12
    CaptainRon19 wrote:
    What is the actress' name who played the hot underage girl?
    I believe it is Trieste Kelly Dunn.

I believe this is the best episode of the season so far. The way Ray just gets closed off to anything after visiting the psychotherapist in an effort to retrieve the script. He was really looking forward to finally ending the drought with Leah, but that just didn't happen. Him rolling over into the fetal position was the icing on the cake.

Also, Jonathan returning the scene of the crime to retrieve the script himself was funny. He got some good insights into why he is constantly at odds with himself. But when the father says how when he is devoted to his patients when in the office but a protective father when out of the office, should have registered in Jonathan's brain that he was going to get hit a some point once leaving the office.

Overall funny episode, and I'm really enjoying the series.

mackymacaspac

[4]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 78
    The actress who played the 16-year-old girl (Claudia) is Vanessa Ray. She appeared in several episodes of As the World Turns.

CaptainRon19

[5]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 3
    Back to episode discussion, and thanks for identifying the actress' name.

This episode was really funny. I knew it'd only be so long before we saw the end of the "potential" for relationships on this show. Instead of showing Schwartzman mulling over his ex as usual we got to see him mingle with an underage high school. And it was hilarious.

We also got to see Danson's character pursue a woman from the film party, a very dashing woman at that. I thought it was pretty funny how neither Jarmusch or Danson remembered her name the first time around. When Jarmusch introduces her he says "I'm sorry what was your name again?" and then when she shows interest in Danson's hummingbird tie he asks what her name is again too. I guess she just has that memory loss effect on men. Its understandable. I didn't forget though, its Merriam ;-D

I thought it was disappointing/cheap how they wrote off Schwartzman's chances at working with Jarmusch because he was "a day late". Either way it doesn't really matter because the only plot that carries over between episodes is Schwartzman and his ex and Galifianakis' yearning for sex with his lady.

The therapist was a riot. Imagine if your therapist was like that in real life, just dominating you during your sessions. So funny. I wish we could've seen what Galifianakis' session was like. They should've run an outtake/take of that during the credits or something.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to future episodes because, as we've seen in the previews, we will eventually see our trio of main characters working together and it is bound to be hilarious.