Bored to Death

The Gowanas Canal Has Gonorrhea!

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 10, 2010 on HBO

6.8
  • The Gowanas Canal Has Gonorrhea!

The Gowanas Canal Has Gonorrhea! was another excellent episode of Bored to Death. I really enjoyed watching because the story was well written and intriguing. I love the trouble Jonathan finds himself in. I liked how everything played out. I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Continuity!

This is, thus far, my favorite episode of the show to this point. Jonathan's prior cases come back to haunt him and Ray and George have to come to his rescue. The balance of this episode, giving each of the characters ample time to shine, is masterful. Add to that some amazing guest stars (Patton Oswalt appears again, as well as a pretty fantastic casting decision when it comes to Jonathan's father). Whereas the show lacked a somewhat formal continuity in its first season, here we have a great linking of the prior two episodes. Small actions have here built to a head even though we've sort of forgotten them in the mess of the romantic turmoil our characters have been facing. I look forward to see the continuation of this work.