Boss Forums

Starz (ended 2012)

A whiff of The Wire

ansaar99

[1]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 8

Oh how many years has it been since a series that gets in depth about peoples characters and situations! Most series are so simplistic and laid out on a plate, but Boss is showing it has a lot of thought given to the complex realities it portrays. Simply amazing two episodes so far. I hope it lives up to my expectations and becomes the new Wire!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

catwoman77

[2]Nov 12, 2011
    • level: 9

I'll have to check it out then. The Wire was one of my all-time favourte shows. I don't think anything could surpass it, but who knows!

kanuck78

[3]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 1
    have you had a chance to do so yet catwoman? you will not be let down. This show is outstanding.

haldrey

[4]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 22
    This show is amazing but as can be seen it has not generated too much enthusiasm, maybe the fact that it goes deep into the characters is the problem. Nowadays this kind of shows usually do not survive.

CliffCradier

[5]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 1

I Have never Commented on a show before. But I tell you "BOSS" is truly a captivating show! This Has to be Kelsey Grammar's best work to date. I grew up watching "CHEERS" and "FRAISER" and these shows were good not to mention the movies he's done. But his portrayal of Thomas Kane has got to be the single most exciting character on TV. This even Surpasses Dexter in my book, the way Kelsey Commands the screen to the down right nitty gritty of it all. Bravo MR. Grammar, keep up the good work and please don't let them deviate this show or your character any. I only wish we would have gotten to know Tom Kane before the sickness. Let your character develop for aseasonor two and not focus on the sickness right away let the audience try to catch it and then introduce the problem. But o'well to late now.

Edited on 12/03/2011 10:54am

Jemadari

[6]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 12

I've liked the Boss since day one but it wasn't until this most recent episode that I thought it worthy of Wire comparison and how aptly named is this show, I mean they way Kane weeds out and smites his enemies is truly impressive and sacrificing his own kid who barely spoke to him for the sake of his job and cutting off the supply to his medication in the process was in a word riveting

major_zero25

[7]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 8

haldrey wrote:
    This show is amazing but as can be seen it has not generated too much enthusiasm, maybe the fact that it goes deep into the characters is the problem. Nowadays this kind of shows usually do not survive.

It's a shame that only shallow shows make it these days.