Boston Legal

Beauty and the Beast

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 25, 2007 on ABC

• The iceman cometh?...

I have to start out by admitting that I missed the first half hour. I am silly and had not realized it was 90 minutes long. So, I'm sure there are some who will dismiss this since I didn't see the full episode.

..what I did get to see however was very good. Some very classic Boston Legal moments, and it was great to see some new characters (which I always greet with apprehension.)

Clarence and Jerry are becoming a very nice duo who I enjoy watching. Alan and Denny (though very little together in what I saw) are still the powerhouse of fun and excitement we expect.

Shirley gets her vulnerable moment and shares with some of the men in her life.

I'll admit that the classic and oft used Boston Legal scenario of new lawyers getting a tough murder case their time out can wear a little thin, but this new gal is sublimely mesmerizing. Her scene with Jerry in the empty courtroom towards the end was a good solid scene that spoke volumes.

And Lorraine looks like she could be a hazzard for Emmy's darling Alan.

I would be remiss to saunter away without mentioning the intimidating and wonderful John Larroquette. I have yet to see this man in a show I didn't like. Once again he brings gravitas and humor to a series and a situation. He merely appeared in one of the one of the episodes greatest scenes and had an effect that was priceless (the one in the bathroom.) I'm keen and interested on watching him and his relationships develop. Kudos, a great addition to the show!

A good and funny episode with some nice underlying sentiment. A show that preaches be yourself and also practices what it preaches. I'm so glad to see it continue! The summer break is over. Court is now in session. Sorry bout the cliche.