Boston Legal

Can't We All Get a Lung?

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 19, 2006 on ABC

• Decent, but not the best Season Opener

There was something a little off about the first episode of Boston Legal, Season 3. It had all the right incredients- humour, drama, quirkyness etc- but it didn't seem to flow the way it should do, and just didn't grab me as a Season opener.

It was good to see Jerry back, however, and he really did make a good impact on this show with his sex doll! It was also nice seeing Alan Shore and his therapist, revealing another layer of Alan's troubled character, which they haven't done in a little while. Denny provided great humour with Shirley-Schmitho! That was easily one of the best parts of the episode, but it was surprising how quickly the writers got rid of Marlene after just making her partner!

Denise and Brads showdown was explosive, and Julie Bowen provided some brilliant acting in this episode! Her relationship with Daniel Post seemed a little strained, and, to me, this seemed to be the first episode that their chemistry wasn't sizzling together.

Overall, the episode was undeniably very good, but there was just something lacking in a Season Premiere.