Boston Legal Forums

ABC (ended 2008)

Boring

LostSux

[21]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 6
    laveticusprime wrote:
    I was actually brought to tears in this episode's balcony scene. I always look forward to the balcony scene at the end of each episode and would feel cheated if there wasn't one.
    I know what you mean. I welled up myself a little when Alan was talking about Denny in his closing. Those are great characters; and actors too. I've not seen such closeness between two guys since Joey and Chandler. It's really amazing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Will_of_the_D

[22]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 14
    So I guess BL will end with Alan shooting Denny, lol.

marvelfan89

[23]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 39
    The outcomes are one thing that I will agree on to add drama you need different outcomes. With that said the episode are entertaining, the last episode about the Supreme Court was evidence that the writers could still deliver a captivating storyline (not too mention Alan's familiarity with the death penality).

Will_of_the_D

[24]Apr 24, 2008
    I am definitly saddened by the decline of this show. It just isn't what it once was. Hopefully they'll improve by the end of the season.

SgtCashmere

[25]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 15
    The only thing I get bored with about this show is how they win EVERY. SINGLE. CASE lol. And sometimes it gets too deep and emotional for my tastes... But still, other days I really like that kind of thing. It depends what kind of mood I'm in, I guess?

thunderdeed

[26]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 7
    Amen, I wish I had a friend like Denny or Alan. To see then on the balcony at the end of every eposide saying whats on their minds was worth it every time. But I have heard that in real life they did not care for each outher. Is that rummor true?
    Edited on 12/26/2009 11:24am

lovemj

[27]Jan 6, 2010
    thunderdeed wrote:
    But I have heard that in real life they did not care for each outher. Is that rummor true?

That's what I've always heard.

luiz4200

[28]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 38
    Lately I just watched in hopes to see returning characters from The Practice. I'd like to see Alan and Jimmy (or Bobby) in opposite sides of a case (I won't say Ellenor because Alan refuses to litigate against a friend - that's what he said in The Practice) or Alan defending someone prosecuted by Kenneth Walsh (if he tries the blackmail thing I bet Walsh would rather let whatever secret Alan blackmails him with go to light) or Eugene as a judge.

ChipsTheButler

[29]Dec 21, 2010
    • level: 9
    As mentioned above, their win rate in s3 and 4 got a bit silly, especially in cases where good sense would dictate that they would have lost. That Alan became a mouthpiece for the writers became annoying- he rarely was put into circumstances where he was uncomfortable with the case given to him.

The show was god through its run, and there was great stuff there, but it had notably less quality in the last 2 seasons.