TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Boston Legal Forums

ABC (ended 2008)

John Larroquette is being wasted

John Larroquette's talent is being wasted on Boston Legal

Glenn11523

[1]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 18

I'll be honest, I had not watched BL until I heard that John Larroquette was joining the show. I am Canadian but live and work in Asia and so TV from back home is not always easy to get to and BL started while I've been over here. So I went about finding sources to see the show and during the summer break (when John's upcoming start on the show hit the press) I watched every episode from the first.

I became a big fan of the show and kicked myself for taking so long to find it. What a great ensemble cast and although there were some rough spots along the way, overall I fell in love.

I never thought I would ever be able to see William Shatner in anything and not think Star Trek, but that is the last thing on my mind (except when they throw the periodic homage in - like the line about "klingons" or the time his mobile phone emitted the ST communicator sound).

But I digress.

As I said, hearing that John Larroquette was coming back to TV is what got me started watching and loving the show. Having said that, I am very disappointed at how underutilized his talent has been. This show has obviously some very talented writers and John is a brilliant actor. Sure no one wants to see a "Dan Fielding" re-incarnation, but frankly I might prefer that given the very non-engaging character they have given us.

It will be a real shame if they don't do something to correct this. I find myself now wishing that they had brought him on as a recurring DA character since I think the courtroom sparring between him and Alan Shore would be nothing short of magical. Instead we are left with this rather two-dimensional and forgettable man who I can't imagine John is excited about going to work each week to play.

Just my humble opinion.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chemmail

[2]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 6
    He's a less fuddy duddy Paul Lewiston. But i found it's much funnier to see Paul squirm at everything the dynamic duo does.

Will_of_the_D

[3]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 14
    He is being wasted, the character is getting on my nerves.

marvelfan89

[4]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 39
    He's not the main star of the show. Then again he's just taking over what Rene did. There's not much to his character I will agree but most of the cast changes have been for the most part not for the better.

Will_of_the_D

[5]Apr 24, 2008
    Well, Paul had more character than this guy does, and even if he isn't a main character, that doesn't mean he should be wasted.

marvelfan89

[6]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 39

Sure he shouldn't but that's just the way it goes with supporting characters. Likewise this being Boston Legal we've seen a lot of wasted characters over the years sad to say.

Will_of_the_D

[7]Apr 25, 2008
    marvelfan89 wrote:

Sure he shouldn't but that's just the way it goes with supporting characters. Likewise this being Boston Legal we've seen a lot of wasted characters over the years sad to say.

And they say Lost wastes characters, lol.

Irwin50

[8]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 1

I think he's just kind of meant as an anti-Alan character. And it is too one-dimensional.

ChipsTheButler

[9]Dec 21, 2010
    • level: 9
    Seeing him in the courtroom wmore would have been nice- his case about a television was great and gave the actor something to really work with.

nickyy99

[10]May 20, 2014
    • level: 1

Hi,

Welcome to this forum site, here you can find lots of things. For your question, i suggest you to ask some any other expert or find from link bellow.

------------------------------

MAY 2011 VISA BULLETIN PREDICTIONS

luiz4200

[11]May 20, 2014
    • level: 38
    What if he reprised Lawrence Van Dough and hired the law firm to defend him?