Boston Legal Forums

ABC (ended 2008)

No James Spader? What?

ultimateguy

[1]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 3
    I totally missed the Emmy's tonight. I was hoping James Spader would win for his performance in "The Mighty Rogues" which I've never forgotten. I checked the winners list, and to my shock he wasn't even nominated! Yet Candice Bergen WAS nominated. It makes no sense.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Will_of_the_D

[2]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    The awards ceremony sucked majorly. Luckily I was having the time of my life elsewhere and wasn't bored into the emergency room by the laughable display of putrid rubbish that Hollywood calls talent.

X-RayVision

[3]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 11
    Will, I think We have finally found something we can agree on! The Award Ceremony was soooooooo terrible. I've run kids plays that had more comedy and not to mention quality. So glad that I DVR'ed it so that I could watch the few minutes that didn't suck, then switch back to gaming, have fun, then watch a few more minutes. A few minutes at a time was all I could take without having to run to the bathroom to vomit.

Will_of_the_D

[4]Sep 24, 2008
    X-RayVision wrote:
    Will, I think We have finally found something we can agree on! The Award Ceremony was soooooooo terrible. I've run kids plays that had more comedy and not to mention quality. So glad that I DVR'ed it so that I could watch the few minutes that didn't suck, then switch back to gaming, have fun, then watch a few more minutes. A few minutes at a time was all I could take without having to run to the bathroom to vomit.
    I was blessed to not see any of it. I got myself to the best concert of my life with one of my favorite bands so unlike the unlucky audience of the emmy's, I had a good time.

lovemj

[5]Sep 24, 2008
    Spader was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, along with Gabriel Byrne (In Treatment), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad - WINNER), Michael C. Hall (Dexter), Jon Hamm (Mad Men), and Hugh Laurie (House). At least according to the IMDB ballot I got.

Glenn11523

[6]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 18
    As far as I know he was in fact nominated. More than that, he was a leading favorite to take home yet another trophy heading into the actual ceremony.

JavaJunkie4Life

[7]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 25
    He was snubbed. He truly deserved the statue this year. S4 was his best season of BL, IMO.

ladybritcomfan

[8]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 36
    ultimateguy wrote:
    I totally missed the Emmy's tonight. I was hoping James Spader would win for his performance in "The Mighty Rogues" which I've never forgotten. I checked the winners list, and to my shock he wasn't even nominated! Yet Candice Bergen WAS nominated. It makes no sense.
    I agree, his performance in that episode was definitely Emmy worthy. His speech towards the end of the episode where he's talking about his best friend (Denny) having Alzheimer's is my favorite scene ever from the show.
    Edited on 04/05/2009 8:55pm