Boston Legal

Guise N' Dolls

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Apr 24, 2007 on ABC

• Another example of why in the lawyer business you cannot afford to make mistakes or at the very least, make any friends, because they will use what they know of you to their advantage.

In many ways, this episode reminded us once again that Alan's worst enemy is himself. Not only does he ignore returned calls from women that he has had flings with, possibly as a means of sub-conscious punishment or a means of self-defence against being hurt by women, but he also provides the audience with the achilles heel of his lawyering abilities - How to defeat Alan Shore. With all fairness to Jerry, he did do his homework well on Alan and he displayed dirty lawyering skills to a greater effect than Alan was willing to do on that occasion - Possibly due to regret for his actions in "The Good Lawyer". However, I would like to see if Jerry is as good as Alan in winning cases without using dirty tactics, such as exploiting a friendship. Let's face it guys, Jerry did not win the case, Alan let him win it. Jerry after all, needed it more and I believe Alan knew this.