Boston Legal

Last Call

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Dec 08, 2008 on ABC

• Alan presents his case for Denny before the Supreme Court. Shirley/Carl and Denny/Alan get married on Nemo Bay by a surprise judge. Jerry and Tara kiss.

Many questions are answered and many aren't. We knew this was the last call and I am sufficiently charmed by this last of the five seasons of Boston Legal. I think as much as could be reasonably answered was in this last hour of television.

Alan's argument before the Supreme Court was surprisingly moving. He didn't bluster his way through it but did use tact, at least tact for Alan. The big gun attorney who was really good from Tennessee who was brought in to oppose him was crying at the end. A very moving scene.

For the subject matter the "wedding" at Nemo Bay was quite quick but done well. One of the Supreme Court justices was coincidentally present and at Alan's request married them. Judge Peyton was present and witnessed instead of doing the honors and I am sure she would be happy with that. Tara and Jerry were there as well as the happy couples.

The two Chinese gentlemen sitting in Alan and Denny's chairs near the end mimicking them was disrespectful, but it falls in line with the humor of this show. They have been poking fun at themselves for five years.

We see Tara and Jerry kiss after all of this time. Making for nice symmetry between all the final main characters.

Finally we see Alan and Denny on the balcony for maybe one last time. Alan wants to do legal aid and Denny has the money to support it. Maybe they'll start their own firm. Who knows. As Denny and Alan have a final dance we pull away to see the sign Chang, Poole, and Schmidt and realize things will never be the same.
LOGO