Boston Legal

Made In China

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Dec 08, 2008 on ABC

• DEK sucks at closure.

This two hour finale could have been a lot better, let's start with the bad:

* We don't know what happens to the characters at the end. Do the Chinese eventually fire Denny and Alan? That's the kind of thing you cover on a series FINALE. Take note of that for your next show, DEK.
    * I would think a man as proud as Denny Crane would be extremely shocked and saddened by the fact that they removed his name from the firm HE started. The way he didn't even react was just silly.
    * The judge they dragged to the bay. She appeared many times during the past five years, and yay she got to stand around during the wedding! /s Seriously her being there felt a bit pointless.
    * A lot of things left unattended like Alan and Jerry's friendship and the ten or so characters that where just dumped and never heard from again.
    * Paul suddenly standing up for Alan when he and all the partners saw him as a loose cannon when the show began. The fact is that their relationship never developed for him to change his mind like that.

The good:

* I thought it was hilarious the way Paul got more time on screen this episode than ever before. In fact he got his first actual court scene.
    * Alan and Denny and Shirley and Carl getting married.
    * Jerry and Katie dating.
    * The Supreme Court.
    * Alan's rant to the chinese.

All in all this was an ok series finale. Like the five seasons this show gave us, I enjoyed it but couldn't help but feel a lot was missing.
  • Denny and Shirley meet the new perspective owners of Crane, Poole, and Schmidt and things don't go as planned. Denny and Alan discuss getting married. Shirley is directly opposed to the new owners based on many factors. Jerry and Tara are dating.

The scene where Denny fires the paint ball guns at the Chinese was priceless. Shirley's reaction was predictable. Also it was sort of weird that someone would buy one of the most successful litigation partnerships in the US and then disband that department. Alan was at his best in the meeting with the Chinese. It only makes sense that they would change their opinion. What was with their applause at the end? Is that because we sometimes want to do that when Alan is through?

It was nice that the team can now go out on their own terms instead of being kicked out.

Carl and Shirley's fight was pretty heavy duty, but you would have to think they had been over this ground before. I found all of that pretty staged. The Supreme Court piece will be interesting. Review of the second half is in the next part of the episode.
  • I Loved this Series Finale.

I for one totally enjoyed the series finale. They ended it by bringing closure to all the characters. Denny got his medicine for his "Mad Cow". And Shirley and Carl got married. And Jerry and Kate finally kissed. Finally Denny and Alan got married. What a sweet way for the series to end. Also us Fan hope for a spin off. Like Denny and Alan said" New Show on a new network, one that cares". Don't we fans just hope.
    Like all fans we always want more. For me I would love to see how all three of those couples end up. Maybe they will shows cross your fingers.

KEC