Boston Legal

Rescue Me

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 19, 2008 on ABC

• As offensive as it is forgettable.

A girl dies in a car crash, and it is presumed that she fell asleep at the wheel. From that presumption our team of ridiculous attorneys jumps to suing the school for offering AP courses? As an educator, I'm offended by this episode. Set aside that no judge would ever hear this case since it's completely speculative and frivolous, this is a prime example of how a scary trend among the lawyers of this firm. The mother was upset about the death of her child, so they looked around to see who was within the realm of possibility for a suit. So, instead of blaming the girl who made a mistake and drove tired, the mother indicts the education system because, well, there's no real cause given. It has something to do with the fact that the school offered advanced courses. The same ones found in every high school in the world, which are completely optional on the part of the student, and require parental signatures to enter. These classes caused her to drive tired? Only a moron debase of common knowledge could lose this case, and yet, the lawyers for the high school manage to do so. These are the episodes that make me want to give up on the show.