Boston Legal

ABC (ended 2008)

123home123

Boston Legal Fan Reviews page 3 of 8

• Boston Legal is OUTSTANDING ! The writers have to be incredibly talented, sharp intelligent people.

I am ALWAYS blown away by James Spader's monologues. The fact that this show has their own crusade going against the injustices in this world is no less than awesome, courageous and, admirable. I wish James were running for President... This week's show (Wednesday) was yet another stupendous surprise when he broached the topic of our election process..The intelligent, articulate approach to sensitive subjects is most thought-provoking for viewers. I'm actually giving a standing ovation at the end of each episode..! The show is EXQUISITE in its content, its characters and, above all, the marvelous talent of James Spader.
  • Wacky law firm and William Shatner

Crane, Poole, and Schmidt, a "wacky" law firm, serve as the backdrop for a legal drama that brings true heart to the screen. A spin-off of The Practice, Boston Legal stars David Spade who repirses his role as Alan Shore. Shore, an ethically challenged lawyer with a heart of gold, stumbles through bizarre and abject romantic life while succeeding with a velvet tongue in the court room. Shore's only ally at the firm is the aging senior partner Denny Crane (that's right, Denny Crane). Played by William Shatner, Crane was once the best trial attorney around. Now, the aging partner, who suffers from his own brand of depravity, faces senility. The writing is amazing. Although they should be two unlikeable characters, Crane and Shore prove to be complex and likable. William Shatner and David Spade give superb performances and make the show!
  • My summary of the show "Boston Legal", is about a spin-off of "The Practice", and it focuses on civil law.

Okay, I just love this show! This show is like a mixture of comedic performance, and serious drama. So, I think of it as a "dramedy". I think I've heard of that word before. Anyways, it is a great show! William Shatner, James Spader, and Candice Bergen make this show as great as it can be right now! And also, it has won numerous Emmy Awards, like "Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series" for James Spader, and won a Golden Globe for "Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for TV", in which William Shatner won. So, I think of this show as a fantastic show! Watch it, and you'll see what I mean...
  • Boston Legal.

Boston Legal is a nice funny TV show the show the lives of lawyers who work at Crane,Poole & Schmidt the show mixes comedy and drama well and makes if relaxing and not make the show so drama driven the carters are likeable but you do question them some times the cases seem real and not phony the sets of the show look really nice as do everything else William Shatner and James Spader along with the supporting cast do a great job at bring the carters to life the only draw back is that stories can be a little odd
  • When will this show end?

6.6
    I'm really starting to wonder where the appeal has gone. Apart from the acting talents of Shatner, Spader and Bergen there's really nothing that draws me to this show anymore. The storylines are becoming even more ridiculous, there's no real character development happening, the 'Denny keeps doing crazy things' story line is getting really old. They change the cast so often I have no idea who is who. What direction is this show going in? When will something profound and interesting happen? Boston Legal has no where near the amount of originality and excitement that previous shows like Boston Public and The Practice had. It really seems such a shame that talented actors and actresses are being wasted on this show.
  • Lawyers. Wow. I didn't expect to be laughing.

So I'm watching ABC, and boston Legal comes on. I'm like, "A show about lawyers, this'll be boring." I watch the show to look for reasons to hate it. I find none. This show is quite funny, and inspirational. But mostly funny. I just started watching, so I don't know the characters, but I can tell you that I enjoy the show.

I can't say much about the show till I watch some more, so I'm filling up space so I can get a hundred words, then I'll come and edit. nine eight seven six five four 3 2 1.
  • Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane,Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane, Denny Crane and Denny Crane!

Denny Crane is the funniest and charming charecter on tv... And together with Alan Shore...well just to say... they are just Great! Boston Legal is a brilliant show with quality writing which no other show has been able to top. James Spader and William Shatner are excellent together, the way they interact and play off each other is priceless. I hope Boston Legal stays around for at least a few more years because it is a show that young and old can enjoy. Candice Bergen brings a strong female balance to the Alan and Denny characters. Each character in the show bring their own qualities to Boston Legal with their own unique style of acting. --You will never forget Denny Crane!--
  • About a law firm and the lawyers that worked on cases for them. Different characters within the firm means drama. William Shatner and David Spade were superb!!!

All you need to say to someone is, "Call me Danny Crane." It was all about drama. And the most important of all,... smoking a cigar after winning a case (Alan and Denny). Through the seasons, seemed like Denny was going to leave but is character was always revived. Also bringing a woman into the drama was a plus, Candice Bergen was beautiful acting as the boss from hell (Danny never got enough of her though). The show should have gotten more attention than it had from ABC. It got moved around to make room for Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. Tough.
  • Smart and Sexy... if not a soapbox

Boston Legal has always been a favorite of mine and my co-workers. The overboard sexual innuendo mixed in with awkward social moments adds the perfect comedic relief to an otherwise politically incorrect, edgy and extremely current legal drama.

James Spader's character Alan Shore is my personal favorite. While I can only agree with his political and social stance half of the time, his passion, diction, and nuances keep me riveted to the screen.

Of course there are times that I feel the show is merely a soapbox of propoganda for the creators (what show isn't). However, even though I have on occasion found myself infuriated with the legal proceedings and results and running to rant off my nearest victim's ear, I am a most faithful fan.

The show is fun, extremely smart, very poignant, sexy, and with enough gumption to take on what so many of us are afraid to deal with. Real world issues with a slight liberal bias, but laden with fairness and good perspective keep this show edgy and strong.

And of course the added bonus of ridiculously hilarious characters with their quirks, unruly sex lives, and complete moral disregard (yet strong familial-ties) rounds out a perfect 1, 2 punch combination.

Good work! Keep it up.
  • The lives and times of the lawyers of Crane, Poole, and Schmidt are addressed in this hysterically funny and thought provoking show. Social issues are examined and discussed through the court cases tried by the lawyers.

Easily one of the best shows on television now and could possibly become a classic. It is beloved by fans and critics alike despite being relatively obscure. The show is expertly crafted on all ends especially in the areas of casting, direction, cinematography, and acting. The show is a repeat emmy winner, and consistently turns in funny and powerful episodes.

This show tackles current issues and sometimes shows cases that are similar to ones going on in real life. Issues such as Megan's Law, Don't Ask Don't Tell, Corporate Giving, and Parental Rights have all been examined. As with most shows that examine the legal professions, you get murder cases as well, but there is a catch...Most of these cases have outlandish participants or circumstances. The seriousness gets mixed in with the funny, and it makes for great watching.

The views of the characters on the show range from Ultra-Conservative to Full On Liberal. The main characters of the show, Alan Shore (played by James Spader) and Denny Crane (played by William Shatner) represent the ends of the political spectrum. Many take issue to the fact that the show leans far to the left. No matter your political beliefs, the show can be entertaining. You don't have to agree with or even like the politics presented on the show to like it.

Boston Legal's strength lies in it's production. The show is beautifully directed and filmed. Characters show a range of emotions and the cinematography backs it up. The writing is superb in that the show can be touching, serious, or outright funny-sometimes all at once. The fine cast ties up the package nicely. The interactions between characters often make each episode. Whether it is a touching exchange, or some funny misunderstanding, each episode is brilliantly acted. This assertion is backed up in that James Spader and William Shatner who have won Emmy awards for their performances.

One of the best parts of the show are the interactions between James Spader and William Shatner. Their characters are best friends and conclude each episode with a cigar and scoth on the balcony of the law firm as they discuss the days events. After watching these scenes, one is likely to want to have a friendship like that.

Well written, directed, shot, and acted. Boston Legal is fine television programming that should not be missed.
  • love this show cant get enough

this show is one of my all time favs William Shatner and James Spader are the funniest but i have to say that this show has only grown on me recently the first time i saw the show i thought to myself what is this but after watching a few episodes i was sure that i had found the funnest show on tv i liked boston legal mostly because it was full of good humor and not stupid, derogatory and didn't just make fun of the newest craze as some shows do to be funny it has good not always clean humor and yet has a serious side which sometimes lets the show down but i still have to say this is and will continue to be one of the best shows on tv
  • Lawyers doing their lawyer-ing among other things.

This show is great! You may never get bored with watching it because every 5 minutes there will be something exciting popping up. The play of words also helps.

Watching it can inspire you to become a lawyer. A great successful lawyer I might add. The weird friendship between the two guys is weird. But touching. The show always has interesting cases. To learn and laugh at.

More than one couple making out per episode is a norm. But that is not what I watch it for. Its just a great show to end your tiring long busy day. Or a completely lousy day at uni.

So what are you waiting for?
  • The most intelligent show on TV, no doubt about it. It is so funny and so dramatic at the same time that you don't know from where the tears come.

This is by far the best show on TV. every week 45 minutes of absolute pleasure. all actors (mainly the men) are so talented that i did not understood why everybody was so surprised that Spader swooped the Emmy, yet again, with all the respect for Gandolfini.
    This show is not just fun, its moral, it shows us that there is another way to look at things, especially the things or the people that are different from the normal. in this show everything goes, the different is not weird, it is unique and special and if you embrace it you will only benefit from it.
    The show also teaches us about friendship, not bound by gender nor class nor obligations, just pure friendship.
    James Spader is doing the role of his life and William Shatner and Candice Bergen also shows us that they are still awesome and kicking and have a lot more to offer.
    Although people still prefer pop TV as Heroes/Lost/Prison Break... which are good show, but here you get a lot more then just a thrill, you get a glimpse of something that is more just then fun.
    Highly recommended, ENJOY!!!
  • Smart and Sexy... if not a soapbox.

Good work! Keep it up.
  • This is absolutely the greatest show on TV. Let me rephrase that....this is the greatest adult show on TV. How it made it is no surprise, as David E. Kelly is known for his ability to create shows that satisfy and shine.

The stories are the funniest, the casting is absolutely the best and when is Christian Clemenson going to get a nod for an Emmy nomination? He is one of the best actors on TV, and how he keeps a straight face when he delivers some of his lines is beyond me. He can just be hilarious....i wish i could see some of the outtakes. 'Course, my favorite on the show is Alan....no one delivers a court closing argument like he does and no one has compassion for Denny Crane as he has. Their relationship is so complex, so simple, so natural and so full of friendship. Like a couple of 6 year olds on the playground. i hope this show is around for a lot of years.
  • it has to get better...

7.9
    I'm always fascinated with court scenes and law practice, that's the primary reason why I decided to watch Boston Legal in the first place. Plus,I knewthe creator - David Kelly from Ally McBeal, whichwas one of the TV series I fell in love with. However, even though Boston Legalgives me occassional laughs, itdoesn't really give me the "high" that I have imagined experiencing while watching. I don't know. I guess, Calista Flockhart can much better carry a nearly psychotic character than William Shatner. It annoys me everytime he'll say, "Denny Crane" whichto me, doesn't really mean anything. It was funny at first but I started not to enjoy itwhen majority ofhis scenes would just comprise of the utterance of his character's name.Maybe I should've watched The Practice first to understand the show better. For the record, James Spader and Candice Bergen are undeniably great. But sometimes, their acting prowessjust couldn't make up for dragging storylines. I hated Bernard Ferrion's prolongedappearances in the show. I thought the first two episodesthat hestarredon were good but not the episodes after that.

I like Lori Colson but I still have to find out why she was no longer among the leads in Season 2. I like Tara Wilson and Brad Chase quite a bit too.

Maybe I need towatch all the seasons first before I can give a well-balanced analysis but so far, this is what I feel about the show. Iso hopemy point of view will change very soon... for the better.
  • It's amazing, actually a bit shocking, that the world has not discovered this to be the greatest show ever made. No exaggeration.

I am very picky when it comes to spending time in front of the TV. I was a friends fan, then a Greys fan, but that was about it. The moment I started watching Boston Legal, my life changed. I find i am being attached to fictional characters, in reaction to how brilliant the acting is and how engaging the story never fails to be. Every Thursday night my family jumps in front of the tele and shuts out the world in utter amusment and joy. I truly am in awe of how brilliant this show is. The chemistry and plot line between characters is flawless, and don't get me started on the court cases, that actually bring up issues we as a country, as a world MUST start attacking. If everyone in America, and the world tuned in to this phenomenon of a show, it would be a different, and need I say better place to live, but that's just how I feel. :)
  • Not for the conservative minded...

Boston Legal appears to be a repository for old and aging actors; a fact that makes this tawdry show watch-able despite its morally bankrupt plots and story arcs. It seems to imply that a life of philandering and cheating is all ok because, after all, if it feels good it must be right, Right? This is all fine and good in the world of television where the only truth is that there is no truth unless the writers and producers decide that establishing their own truth would be good for ratings. In the real world however, there are young people who will watch this show who lack the ability to discern reality from this imaginary world. These children will go on to make bad, even disastrous choices in their life-time. One could argue that young people watching this show should be monitored by parents who can discuss with them real world consequences of the moral choices these characters have to make. That is very true and as responsible adults we are mandated to do this for our children so they will learn to think critically and not just accept what someone else tells them is truth. Unfortunately this does not happen enough in today's society and the ones who suffer are our children. I am not a saint by anyone's definition, nor am I saying that watching this show is wrong. I watch it and admire the play between quality, seasoned actors whose careers I respect and admire. I even laugh because this show is, despite its pitfalls, very funny. But in the end Boston Legal is, for me, a reminder of what I can easily become if I am not careful. I need to be reminded of that a lot – we all do.

After thought: This review is almost perfect for Grey's Anatomy, an equally funny show with equally high stakes.

MM
  • Absolutely Brilliant. Best show in the winter programmes.

My husband and I just watched the first episode of the new series. We love this programme.It is such 'light relief' from all the intense crime and police and detective shows.James Spader and William Shatner are brilliant.I confess I did not like William Shatner before this show but I am a convert.
    All the actors are perfectly cast for the rolls they play.
    We also like the 'turnover' of the cast. No one knows how long a character is going to be on the show. It keeps it so interesting.
    Candice Bergan is also brilliant, she has been long been a favourite of mine.
    The rest of the cast play the parts so well,"Clarisse" the cross dresser, The lawyer with 'Aspergers syndrome', it is a unique portrayal of a law firm. Absolutely Hilarious.
  • Hey TV.com why don't you list the actual time the show is airing instead of the incorrect time. Your listing said 12:00 A.M. Come to find out this was wrong. This is the last time I trust your site to give me the right information.

Hey TV.com why don't you list the actual time the show is airing instead of the incorrect time. Your listing said 12:00 A.M. Come to find out this was wrong. This is the last time I trust your site to give me the right information. Hey TV.com why don't you list the actual time the show is airing instead of the incorrect time. Your listing said 12:00 A.M. Come to find out this was wrong. This is the last time I trust your site to give me the right information. Hey TV.com why don't you list the actual time the show is airing instead of the incorrect time. Your listing said 12:00 A.M. Come to find out this was wrong. This is the last time I trust your site to give me the right information.
  • This show is truly one of the best on television at the moment! Thumbs up.

With so many shows about law firms, and other legal stuff out there, what makes Boston Legal such a success? It's simple! Boston legal has brilliant writers, and an amazingly, talented cast. The show tackles all sorts of very real issues both moral and social. It's all over the place, but brilliant! It's one of kind. It's full of drama and yet such a comedic hit.

Two of the main characters Denny Crane and Alan Shore played by William Shatner and James Spader respectively are hilarious! They work at Crane Poole & Schmidt - a well know, and a very good law firm. Their strong bond is shown throughout the show, and they stick together through thick and thin, and through all the craziness.. The two of them make great entertainment!

Denny Crane has an obsession - himself! He constantly utters two words, two very powerful words: Denny Crane. He's a brilliant lawyer. So is Alan Shore! Alan Shore may appear to be a bit of a chauvinistic pig, but he means well. He's such a great character. And underneath all of his male macho image, he's a sweetie at heart.

There are lawyers as well. All very different, and a little wacky.

This show is one of a kind! If you're not already addicted to this gem, I suggest you check it out! It's definitely worth the watch!
  • In the vein of The Practice, comes this hilarious drama about the Crane, Poole and Schmidt legal office in Boston.

Always amusing and original, very rarely politically correct, Boston Legal is one of my favorite shows. With their parodies of conservatives and current events, as well as their tendency to break the fourth wall. Populated with hilarious situations that stretch reality, it is never boring. William Shatner, James Spader, and Candice Bergen are just a few of the amazing actors who make up this cast. Playing their characters to excellent standards, and in some cases to caricatures they keep the bar high. One of the most intresting relationships in the show: the relationship between Alan and Denny continually keeps me laughing week after week.
  • This show is hilariously funny that will make you laugh no matter what situation the firm of Crane, Pool and Schmidt is in.

Boston Legal is not your ordinary show. It deals with law suits, most of which are won, sexually obsessed lawyers, lawyers with alzimers and just all round comedic actors. With Candice Bergen and William Shatner leading the cast it is a must not miss show that can make you laugh no matter what the situation is. Denny Crane (Shatner) is a forgetful lawyer who is obsessed with hot women, sex and himself. He can't help hiself but be in the lime light. Shirley Schmidt (Bergen) is an on track hard working lawyer who has to deal with Denny's sexual impulses and and all round stupidity that is always getting the firm, Crane, Pool and Schmidt, in trouble. You don't want to miss a second of this hilarious show.
  • This might well br the best series I have ever seen...

I'm a very addicted TV series fan, adding all of them together maybe I watch 18 or 19 series a season, Boston Legal was always that one that I'd love to catch up since the 1st season but never got the chance to do so. Since we are in offseason I thought, why not start watching it from the beggining? I bought the boxes and got REALLY surprised, ever thought I had good expectations for the show I could never imagine it would be this good. I liked it so badly that maybe it has leveled with House, the series I love the most since I first watched it. The cast is amazing, Spader is a beast, he is extremely unpredictable, he can do anything anything without nobody see it coming. About Shatner, I don't even have any words to describe him. Just the caracther that speaks for himself, just watch him act and you'll be suprised.
    Well, not much more to add up, the series really speaks for itself.
    Simply outstanding!
  • Boston Legal is a spin off show about sleezy lawyers, who work at a legal firm in Boston. The show centers around two lawyers, Alan Shore and Denny Crane. The two are best friends, even though one is right-winged and the other is left-winged.

Boston Legal is a well researched comedy about the sleezy insides of a law firm. It's obviously a left-winged show, but it can be enjoyable to right-winged people, because it makes fun of both (and all) sides of the political spectrum.

It showcases provacative and contriversial cases that often relate to current events. The show also throws in subtle (and not so subtle) innuendos that makes middle aged men seem sexy. The cast is full of zanny characters that say "the darndest things." The characters are not at all perfect they are sleezy, egomaniacs, cross-dressers, sex addicts, teases, emotionally stunted, socially awkward, and have rage issues. Put all of these people in a room together and you have a hit! The only complaints I have of this show, is that it tends to over use characters and synerios.

And that the show seems to drop and pick up characters like there is no tomorrow.

At least two characters stay constant (Denny and Alan) at the end of every episodes the two men (who have sleep overs) share cigars and scotches on the balcony outside their offices.

There, they discuss things that tie the whole episode together.

The show is embarking on its' fourth season and will be returning to ABC this fall.
  • This show used to be intriguing, exciting, funny and interesting but its writing has destroyed what was once good about this show.

When Alan Shore showed up on The Practice his character was unintentionally funny at times, smart, and brought a fresh storyline to the show. This continued when Alan joined Denny Crane on Boston Legal...at least for a little while. After the first season or two this show has slowly turned itself into a mockery of its former self. While the story lines and plots have always been a bit out there and far from the norm, the current story lines are just ridiculous.

The show no longer has an overriding purpose other than to come up with more and more ridiculous character and plots, to find any absurdly ridiculous way for the firm to win trials (which could never realistically occur in the real world), and to find any way to interject real life issues into the show. Now I have my own views on wars, disease, and other relevant topics of our time but this show has gone so far beyond creating stories lines relevant to todays issues. It forces creativity beyond anything interesting and into the absurd.

Unless this show finds a way to get back to the basics there really is no reason to watch it anymore.
  • Love the argument... the cases... and the quirk

I love everything about this show... the case is unique yet make us aware and informed about many facts in this life... the argument is make sense, funny, unique and yet very impossible to happen.... Alan shore is my favorite lawyer, very funny, and care about the world we live in... Denny CRane is snob and funny -- hard to believe that kind of lawyer is undefeated... Denise Bauer is another favorite character... Paul & Shirley almost like the only couple who keep everything balance in Crane, Pool & Schmidt... this is a very creative show... hopes it's not turn downhill like Ally McBeal... and also i like the dialog that made us "know" this is a tv show... like Denny - "I can't wait until next week.", Alan Shore to Denny - "I've hardly seen you this episode." Melissa, Alan's assistant, to a rival of winning Alan's attention - "She's only a guest-star". and the end of season 2 alan said "until the next season".... LOVE IT!!
  • Boston Legal is a unique, eccentric and spectacular show and I hope it continues its success through the years to come. This is my favourite show on TV and has inspired my career as a lawyer. I think I have filled my review in depth, please check it out.

Boston Legal started in 2004 as a spin-off from the popular law drama "The Practise." Its Cast includes: James Spader, William Shatner and Candice Bergen as the leads the rest of the cast keeps changing throughout the seasons it has included: Julie Bowen, Mark Valley, Rene Auberjonois, Justin Mentell, Ryan Michelle Bathe, Rhona Mitra, Monica Potter and Craig Bierko. Boston Legal as said in the blurb has a darkly comedic view on the world of politics but dont let this fool you as this show is a law drama and it gets its moral and legal issues through to us without a comedy style to it. Although if your a regular viewer of "Boston Legal" you will easily see its dark humour through the shows whether its showed sexually or cleverly there is no doubt that it has its funny side. It keeps a good proportion of its humour and its serious business as well. Also as part of the show we are led into the personal lifes of the attorneys at Crane, Poole and Schmidt (Boston Legal's law firm). There are emotional times in the show and there are suspenseful times as many of the lawyers on the show have been in life threatening situations. This all leads up to being a brilliant and eccentric TV Show.

I first saw this show in 2005 through its second season and was first captured by its catchy opening title music by danny lux. I then started to watch the show in depth and it ended up being my favourite show on TV. My favourite character being the eccentric Allen Shore who's legal brilliance and personality shines in each episode. I hope "Boston Legal" will keep up with its success and i hope to see many more seasons from the creator David E Kelley. In final words i would like to congratulate Mr Kelley, the producers, the writers and the rest of the team of Boston Legal as they have done a wonderful job in creating a brilliant Legal Drama. Well Done!
  • Spader and Shatner, boldly going where no duo has gone before.

I love this show! Alan Shore is one of my all-time favourite characters, and I think he's also one of the best written. James Spader and William Shatner make one of the best pairs on air.

Boston Legal doesn't dance around with political correctness, or appeasing anyone. Every episode is different, each case is different, and so is each character.

The dialogue is witty, and this is one of those shows where I actually notice the camera work and angles. (Anyone else think they spend a lot of time looking at people's hands?)

Instead of making a Generalized Statement on The Rights and Wrongs of Society, Boston Legal's dynamic characters share an opinion and then sit back and relax with a glass of scotch.

(Klingons?!)
  • Denny Crane!

This show is absolutely excellent, it has the right blend of comedy and drama; you have a great cast with a good writers and william shatner steals the show with his protrayal of Denny Crane - a senior partner at Crane, Poole and Schmidt.

All jokes aside, this show does have it's serious moments but with characters like Denny - you can even get some humour in (or after) certain serious situations.

There are few words one can use to describe this show to do it justice, I would recommend this show to everyone as an entertaining hour of television - David E Kelly has done a great job with this show, William Shatner is just classic as Denny Crane and when all is said and done - who wouldn't want this group of people over at Crane, Poole and Schmidt to be their lawyers?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8